A number of people from Bolton have recently been before the courts.

Magistrates have dealt with a variety of offences including theft, assault and motoring matters.

Here are the people from the town who have recently been in the dock.

Jordan Rothwell drove a Peugeot on Market Street, Farnworth, with cannabis in his system.

The 30-year-old carried out the offence in May last year.

He pleaded guilty to driving with the drug in his system at Manchester Magistrates Court.

Rothwell, from Fern Street, Farnworth, was fined £160 and banned from the roads for a year.

Gavin Sever attacked a woman in December last year.

On the same day he stole vapes from Heron Foods in Bolton.

Sever, from Thrush Avenue, Farnworth, admitted the two offences at Wigan and Leigh Magistrates Court.

Following this the 33-year-old was given a four weeks suspended for a year.

He was ordered to do ten rehabilitation activity requirement days and to pay £75 of compensation to the woman he attacked and £25 to Heron Foods.

Read more: Bolton's most wanted 

Read more: Identities of Brianna Ghey killers revealed in court

Read more: Bolton man arrested in Operation Acquire

Adegoke Idowu drove a Vauxhall Insignia on the M60 near Whitefield under the influence of alcohol in November last year.

The 40-year-old was breathalysed and found to have 40 micrograms of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.

The legal limit is 35.

Idowu, from Crook Street in the centre of Bolton, admitted the offences at Manchester Magistrates Court.

He was banned from the roads for a year and fined £350.

Timothy Fenemore stole women's coats from TK Maxx on successive dates in November.

On the first stay he stole three coats worth £449 and he returned the next day to take three worth £484.

The 43-year-old admitted the two offences at Wigan and Leigh Magistrates Court.

Fenemore, from Torrington Avenue, Astley Bridge, was placed on a community order to last until October this year.

He was ordered to do a drug rehabilitation requirement providing samples for nine months and was ordered to pay compensation of £934.