Officers were called to Manchester Piccadilly Train Station in the hunt for chemical attack suspect, Abdul Ezedi.

British Transport Police officers were called to a train arriving at Manchester Piccadilly railway station just before 10pm on Saturday, February 3.

Firearms officers from Greater Manchester Police were also mobilised and the sighting was ‘confirmed’ to be a false alarm.

A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “Officers were called to a train arriving at Manchester Piccadilly railway station just before 10pm on Saturday (3 February) following reports of a sighting of Abdul Ezedi.

“Officers attended alongside firearms officers from Greater Manchester Police and the sighting was confirmed to be a false alarm.

"Anyone with information about Abdul Ezedi is asked to call 020 7175 2784 or for an immediate sighting dial 999.”

Metropolitan Police officers have been searching for 35-year-old Ezedi since Wednesday, February 31, after a 31-year-old woman suffered potentially life-changing injuries while her daughters, aged eight and three, were also hurt in an attack in Clapham.

The woman, who was known to Ezedi, remains in hospital in a critical but stable condition.

On Sunday, police said the suspect used a “very strong concentrated corrosive substance” in the attack.

Police investigators believe there are people who know Ezedi’s whereabouts and have not come forward.

The Met has warned anyone found assisting him will face arrest.

The Bolton News: Abdul EzediAbdul Ezedi (Image: Metropolitan Police/PA)The force said the last sighting of Ezedi, who is from Newcastle, was at 9.33pm at Tower Hill Underground station in east London on January 31, shortly after the attack in Clapham.

Police said Ezedi left Newcastle in the early hours of Wednesday and travelled south to London and was in the Tooting area by around 6.30am.

His vehicle was seen again in Croydon, south London, at around 4.30pm and by around 7pm he was in Streatham.

Ezedi allegedly threw the younger child to the ground during the attack at 7.25pm, before attempting to drive away from the scene, crashing into a stationary vehicle and fleeing on foot.

Minutes later he boarded a Tube train at Clapham South Underground station, and by 8pm he was at King’s Cross Tube station.

Police say three members of the public who came to the aid of the family during Wednesday’s attack, two aged in their 30s and one in her 50s, have all been discharged from hospital with minor burns.

A £20,000 reward is in place for anyone with information leading to his arrest.

If you have a story or something you would like to highlight in the community, please email me at or DM me on X @chloewjourno.