No arrests have been made after two car crashed into properties in separate incidents in Farnworth last week, police have confirmed.

Police were called to Highfield Road at around 11pm on Thursday last week after a car smashed into a house there.

The driver of the vehicle, a 20-year-old man, was taken to hospital.

The Bolton News: The crash on Highfield Road

The car smashed into the house and caused extensive damage to the front with a corner of the ground floor taken out.

Work was being done last week to secure the building.

The Bolton News: Police at the crash on Highfield Road

A police spokesperson said at the time: "Officers were called to an incident in Farnworth at around 10.50pm involving a car crashing into a house.

"The driver, a 20-year-old man, is in hospital with serious injuries and thankfully no one else has been hurt."

And on Saturday morning a similar incident took place elsewhere in Farnworth.

Police and fire were called to Bradford Road at around 10.30am after a car came off the road and crashed into the front room causing a large hole in the brickwork into the living room.

The Bolton News: The crash on Bradford Road

Read more: Body of man in fifties found in Turton

Read more: Tribute to loving son who died in fatal crash

Read more: Two taken to hospital after crash at Junction 18

The homeowner Adnan Shabbir said he heard a “bang".

He added: "I woke up all of a sudden and I checked my kids and everyone to see if they were okay, normally the kids are down there on the sofa but luckily [my son] was sleeping at the time.

“My daughter and my wife were sleeping upstairs, and then I saw in the window the car was there in my living room basically.

“The police and ambulance came down, they shut down the electricity and the gas and everything and they pulled the car out because the car was inside.

“The sofa was there at the back of the wall and it's been pushed down to the kitchen, there’s quite a bit of damage inside.”

Police confirmed there were no serious injuries but the serious collision unit had been sent to the scene.

Now a police spokesperson has confirmed that no arrests have been made in relation to either incident.