Fire crews were sent out to a premises close to Bolton town centre this afternoon after a fire broke out.

The Recovery Room on Prince Street in Bolton was cordoned off at around 2pm today (Wednesday) as four fire engines put out the blaze.

Fire crews from Bolton and Farnworth and one ambulance was in attendance.

Read more: Motorway fully reopened after lorry fire halts traffic

A spokesperson for Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service (GMFRS) said: “At around 2pm today (Wednesday, May 15) four fire engines from across Bolton and Farnworth were called to a commercial building fire on Prince Street, Bolton.

“Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus worked quickly to get the blaze under control using multiple hose reels.

"Crews have extinguished the fire but remain in attendance at the scene."

Read more: Police called to Bolton town centre this morning

A spokesperson for the North West Ambulance Service said: "We were called to reports of a building fire at 2.18pm.

“There is currently one ambulance at the scene. There have been no casualties reported so far at this stage."

A spokesperson for Bolton Central fire station said that the fire started after a tumble dryer caught alight.

The fire spread throughout the first floor of the property and caused significant damage.