WITTON ALBION 4, RADCLIFFE BORO 1: Boro capitulated to a second four-goal Unibond Premier Division defeat inside a week when they were out-muscled by Albion.

They were in contention until a goal in first-half injury time set them back, after that they never really looked like clawing their way back.

They welcomed Paul McGuire back from suspension, but he simply replaced the injured Steve Hill.

In an end-to-end opening spell Gary Sampson threatened to undo the Albion defence down the left, but Steve Foster could not control his cross.

When Witton threatened McGuire got in an important block, and Adam Foys speculative shot sailed harmlessly over the bar.

Leon Grandison cleverly made space on the right but his angled drive was easily held by home goalkeeper, Paul Gibson.

Witton eventually took the lead on 22 minutes with a superb 25-yard effort from Lee Spike, although it did have an element of luck about it.

Mickey Melon made a darting run and when his shot was blocked the ball sat up nicely for Spike, whose shot found the top corner.

Three minutes later Witton almost increased their lead when Mike Moseley squeezed a near-post cross past Hurst, but the ball rolled along the goal-line before being cleared.

Ciaran Kilheeney almost squared matters, turning Fosters cross just wide, but Boro did find the back of the net on the half-hour.

Foster chased a long ball into the box, exchanged passes with Kilheeney and beat Gibson with a low drive from 18 yards.

At the other end Foy was foiled twice before Kilheeneys cross was scrambled clear, as the game swung from end to end.

Boro had a narrow escape when a misunderstanding between McGuire and Hurst saw the ball sail just wide.

Hurst punched the corner clear but Witton carried an aerial threat that Boro never came to terms with.

In injury time at the end of the first half that threat paid dividends when Spike rose unchallenged to head home from close range from a corner.

Boro never recovered from the setback, going close again, while a slick Boro move saw Gibson grab Grandisons dipping cross at the second attempt.

The result was put beyond doubt on 83 minutes when Witton were awarded a penalty following McGuire's rash challenge andMoseley calmly slotted the spot-kick home.

Spike fired over from 25 yards as he sought his hat-truck but it was substitute Mike Yates who completed Boro's misery in added time, turning and firing home from the edge of the Boro box.

Boro almost pulled one back with the last kick, but Gibson produced a fine save to deny Foster.

l BORO: Hurst, Grandison, Kelly, Spencer, McGuire, Sampson, Wilson, Battersby, Kilheeney, Foster, Forrest. Subs: Massey (for Sampson, 50), Herald, Johnston.