CHORLEY NISSAN SUNDAY LEAGUE IN the Premier League only one game managed to go ahead yet again, with Roebuck Rangers at home to Farmers Arms.

Roebuck found the going hard having to start with only 10 men. Farmers went in at half time with a 3-0 lead and further stretched their lead in the second half with another 5. Goals came from Robinson, 4 from Green, Hayes and a brace from Maitland.

In the first division, Bay Horse (Euxton) continued their good form with their second win in as many weeks against Brooks Arms. They went in at half time with a convincing 3-0 lead.

Brooks came out in the second half and made them work hard, scoring two goals to Bay Horse's 1, but they just couldn't bridge the gap, going down 4-2 with a pair from Clarice and one each for Dilworth and Ashcroft. The Brooks replied through Eastham and Faunch.

Adlington Nomads found themselves 3-1 down at half time against Red Lion, through a brace from Towers and a Platt strike with Scott scoring the reply. The situation was reversed in the second half, however, with Nomads scoring 3 goals to Red Lion's 1, earning a deserved draw. Goals came from Chadwick, Roberts and Charnock with a reply from Billington.

In the other division one game Adlington Engineers went 1-0 up with a goal from J Morgan, only to see slack defending allowing Rose and Crown back in the game with a well worked free kick ending with a goal from Knowsley. They then retook the lead to go in 2-1 up at half time with a goal from Payne.

The second half was just as close but the Engineers finished on top to secure a 5-3 win. Further goals came from Barns, Barns and a second from Payne, who chipped the keeper wonderfully. Two well worked set pieces gave Horn and Knowsley goals for Rose and Crown.

In Division two Adlington Rovers clocked up their second win on the trot with a 5-2 win against Withnell United. Rovers goalscorers were Porter, Platt, Haze, Conway and Mcleod with King and Melia replying for the visitors.

Newcomers Euxton Cosmos started their league campaign well, beating Coppull St Oswalds through strikes from Mulholland and Lang plus a brace from Dove. A pair from Henry and a Proctor goal made the score 4-3 to the home side.

Talbot Arms continued their good start to the season with a 2-1 win over Chicago Town after finding themselves 1-0 down at half time. Kellet and Price scored for Talbot with Dowthwaite's solo goal responding for Chicago Town.

In the final division two game Duke of York Chorley are still waiting for their first point going down 4-1 away to Bay Horse. Goals from Gifford, Kairns, Bamford and Brooks gave Bay Horse the victory against Marsden's consolation for the Duke of York.


Premier League

Roebuck Rangers 0, Farmers Arms 8

ZDivision One

Red Lion 4, Adlington Nomads 4; Brookes Arms 2, Bay Horse (Euxton) 4; Rose and Crown 3, Adlington Engineers 5; Golden Lion 1, Punchbowl 1

ZDivision Two

Adlington Rovers 5, Withnell United 2; Euxton Cosmos 4, Coppull St Oswalds 3; Bay Horse (Whittle) 4, Duke of York 1; Talbot Arms 2, Chicago Town 1


ZPremier Division

Eagle FC v Wheatsheaf; Farmers Arms v Mitre FC; Leo's FC v Roebuck

ZDivision One

Adlington Engineers v Golden Lion; Adlington Nomads v Rose and Crown; Bay Horse (Euxton) v Red Lion; Punchbowl FC v Brooks

ZDivision Two

Coppull St Oswalds v Bay Horse (Whittle); Duke of York v Euxton Cosmos; Chicago Town v Adlington Rovers; Adlington Ceramics v Withnell United.

Converted for the new archive on 14 July 2000. Some images and formatting may have been lost in the conversion.