SECTIONS of Wanderers fans called for Owen Coyle to leave his post as the club fell to a dire 3-1 defeat at the KC Stadium.

After Sone Aluko had equalised Chris Eagles' deflected free-kick, the Whites simply fell apart in the second half as ex-Reebok favourite Abdoulaye Faye then Stephen Quinn helped themselves in front of goal.

And though Coyle's side had chances to haul themselves back into the game, the chants of dis-satisfaction from the travelling support were clearly audible from behind Ben Amos's goal during spells of the second half.

It all looked fine early on when Eagles' drilled free-kick from 35 yards got a touch off the wall to bamboozle Ben Amos in the Hull goal and nestle into the bottom corner.

But the Humber men quickly regathered and after the lively Sone Aluko had been halted by a last-ditch save from Adam Bogdan, there was nothing the Whites keeper could do on 28 minutes as the striker swept home from close range – via another deflection – from Ahmed Almohamady's right-wing cross.

Egyptian winger Elmohamady was having a field day on the right and laid one on a plate for Jay Simpson just before the break that really should have been converted.

Kevin Davies also went close for the Whites, heading into the side netting after a lofted cross from Eagles.

But it all fell apart for Coyle after the break, as his side produced yet more inept defending to allow the Tigers to run away with it.

First, former Wanderer Faye produced a muscular header from 10 yards that flattened keeper Bogdan but was ruled perfectly legal by referee Chris Sarginson.

And a matter of minutes later it was Jay Simpson who went on a mazy run, passing Tim Ream far too easily to square for Stephen Quinn to score on his debut.

Hull then came within millimetres of scoring a fourth, as Seyi Olofinjana's header bounced off both posts, as Wanderers once again failed to defend a set piece.

Coyle threw on Benik Afobe for Keith Andrews to try and inspire something from the bench, and the on-loan Arsenal youngster pulled one glorious chance wide after latching on to Kevin Davies's measured through ball.

Mark Davies also saw an effort deflected over the bar by Alex Bruce, with the kind of heroic defending that had been sadly missing at the other end.

Marvin Sordell then made an appearance from the bench, but he too couldn't haul his side back into the game, fluffing a decent headed opportunity with 10 minutes remaining.

The anti-Coyle chants continued after the final whistle, leaving the club potentially with a lot to think about heading into the international break.