A CASUALTY was taken to hospital last night after a house fire in Burnley.

Crews were called just before 9.15pm last night (February 26) fire started in the kitchen of a home on Aickman Place.

The fire service said that a pan with oil in caught fire in the kitchen and when a woman went back into the kitchen and noticed the blaze, she picked up the pan to throw it outside and burnt her hand.

The blaze was out before two crews from Burnley arrived at the scene and the woman was taken to hospital.

A spokesperson for Burnley fire said: "She did the right thing in not putting water on it.

"If you are going to tackle it then put a damp cloth over it at call the fire service."

Crews were in attendance for 25 minutes.