TURTON manager Neil Hart was left fuming after his side’s last-gasp defeat to Garstang, thanks to some controversial officiating.

Second-placed Garstang had led at half time but Kieran Sisson’s penalty four minutes from time initially looked like it had rescued a point for the hosts, particularly with a defender sent off for his handball on the line.

That was only the start of Hart’s reffing hell, though.

Daniel Locke fired in what they thought was a 93rd-minute winner, only for the celebrations – which had gone on for more than a minute – to be ended by a late linesman’s flag.

To make matters worse, Turton were then undone by a long punt upfield, Garstang’s Ryan Dodd pouncing to snatch the points for his team.

“It was unbelievable,” said Hart. “Daniel Locke scored a perfectly good goal after the ball had been cleared to him on the edge of the area, the ref gave it and we had been celebrating for about a minute and a half then the linesman decided Dylan Winstanley was offside and interfering.

“The goalkeeper had collided with a defender and he was on the floor, there was no way he was getting it and Dylan was not in the way of the ball. Nothing would have changed if he’d been there or not.

“It was a real sickener, you run out of things to say when refs make these decisions.

“All hell broke loose and frustrations boiled over then, it was farcical.”

It had been a far from perfect afternoon already as the Tigers had welcomed Matt Warburton back after a four-month lay-off with a knee injury but a recurrence of that means his season looks to be over.

Hart watched in horror as Garstang grabbed victory and, after Curtis Monson had been shown a straight red card, he too was dismissed by the official after taking a swipe at a spare ball in the dugout.

“We went from a guaranteed point to three and then to none – the standard of refereeing is getting worse and, genuinely, it’s getting to the point where you question if it’s worth the time and effort.

“The game is being ruined by really awful refereeing and with the bans and fines it’s getting ridiculous.

“It’s really difficult to keep lads motivated and the FA and LFA should start to look at why lads are turning their back on football.

“I was frustrated and kicked a ball, it went about half a yard and I was sent off so I’ll get a ban and a fine too.”

Elsewhere, Tempest United lost 3-1 at leaders Blackpool Wren Rovers, Jack Iley scoring a consolation for them.

In Division One Eagley beat Wyre Villa 5-3 with braces for Simon Neary and Simon Whaley and a goal for Matthew Johnson.

Jean Biansumba’s 86th-minute penalty was the only goal of the game as Stoneclough beat Fulwood Amateurs Reserves while CMB put four past Crooklands Casuals without reply, Michael Ford, Callum Yearsley, Paul Hallows and Liam Carr on target for them.

In Division Two leaders Ladybridge stayed ahead of the pack with a 3-2 win against Croston Sports.