In the Bolton at home Sunday football league the final curtain came down on the 2018/2019 season with the open cup final, which this year would be contested by the newly crowned champions Newbury Fc and last week's beaten finalists In the premiership trophy Tempest Arms FC.

Tempest started the better of the two teams and they were playing some excellent football with Kris Powers and Adam Bullock orchestrating everything from the centre of the midfield, unfortunately for Tempest Newbury’s defence were proving to be to strong in every attack that Tempest through at them.

Then in the 15th minute of the game and against the run of play Newbury took the lead thanks to an excellent volley from Steve Ward.

Tempest did not let their heads go down and straight from the kick off they went on the attack and within 2 minutes of going behind they nearly got an equaliser as Heath Ainscow curled a free kick that smashed against the crossbar and the rebound landed at Liam Pepper's feet who from 6 yards out he managed to put the ball over crossbar where it seemed easier to put the ball into the back of the net.

As the first half carried on Tempest seemed to have more of the possession but try as they might they could not break down the Newbury’s organised defence with Sammy Lee McIntyre being the pick of the bunch for Newbury.

Then with only 3 minutes of the half left Chris Lyons made it 2-0 with an excellent finish from a superb corner from Karl Dumbarton and the Farnworth side went in at half time 2 goals to the good.

The second half got underway with Newbury now in total command and the half had only been going for 5 minutes when Newbury were awarded a free kick on the corner of the penalty area and Dumbarton made it 3-0 as he hit a sublime free kick that curled into the top corner of the net.

Newbury were now in total command and every time Dumbarton got the ball they looked like they were going to score and with 15 minutes of the half gone Dumbarton played a lovely defence splitting pass through to Ward who with an easy tap in he made it 4-0.

Although Newbury were now bossing the game Tempest never gave up and with 15 minutes left Ainscow knew it was not going to be his day as let fly a thunderous shot from 25 yards out only to see the ball again rebound off the woodwork and the scoreline stayed the same. 5 minutes later Dumbarton polished off a man of the match performance as he got his second and Newbury’s 5th as he managed to beat the Tempest Goalkeeper to the ball and he then coolly knocked the ball into an empty net.

With less than 5 minutes left on the clock Tempest’s Adam Bullock got a consolation goal for the Bolton side as he hit a superb volley that flew into the back of the net and the game finished 5-1 to Newbury. With the Farnworth team adding the open cup to the league championship to what has been a fantastic season for Graham Sharples and his men.