BOLTON Hockey Club's ladies' first team clinched a 2-1 win on the road at Stockport Bramhall last Saturday.

The visitors started well and netted an early goal following a baseline run and pass by Laura Watson that was slotted home by Viv Lake.

Stockport Bramhall levelled before half time but in the second half, Bolton pressed high to force several short corners.

A powerful drag-flick by Louise Bull was then scrambled over the line by Laura Watson giving Bolton a 2-1 lead.

Stockport applied pressure in the final quarter but Bolton stayed strong and defended well to earn themselves another three points.

The ladies' seconds also enjoyed a win with a 5-1 cup triumph against local rivals Horwich ladies' firsts.

Bolton started strongly and were soon on the attack and in the D with a goalmouth attack from Lake making it 2 0 after they started with a one-goal advantage due to Horwich playing in a higher league.

Horwich responded quickly and were soon on the attack and a quick goal which took the score to 2-1.

Bolton did not need the one-goal advantage as a good ball from Bull down to Lake on the baseline saw the latter cross to Jane Topping in the D to make it 3-1.

In the second half, Bolton were unstoppable with a penalty corner out to Emily Wilkes and Becky Denton was on the post to slip it past the keeper.

With Bolton keeping up pace, Bull took the ball from the top of the D and danced around the defence to make it 5-1and secure progress for her side.

The men's first team lost out 2-1 against Wigan firsts despite going 1-0 up early on through Damien Pearse.

However, despite double-digit attempts the clinical finishing of previous weeks was not there and chances went begging as Wigan’s keeper pulled off some great saves.

Bolton were caught trying to clear their lines only for Wigan to steal the ball and a subsequent goal levelled it.

Then, Wigan's second came in the second half from a short corner.

Bolton tried rallying but tired legs and minds led to mistakes and the fightback never appeared.