BOLTON Hockey Club’s ladies first team are up to second in North Hockey League Division Three South West after they kept their winning run going at Winnington Park.

In tough conditions the visitors dominated from the off, controlling the play through Emily Wilkes and Laura Watson in the middle.

Darting runs from Chloe Frost on the right and Rachel Gibb on the left added to a dynamic forward line of Emma Swinnerton, Chrystal Swaries and Lu Bull.

A meandering run from Swinnerton, starting in her own half, drew a foul resulting in the first penalty corner of the game. Bull then converted with a drag to the bottom left to open up the scoring.

Bolton maintained the pressure with Becky Varney joining the game off the bench to cause some additional problems for the hosts.

She linked up with Wilkes who powered through the Winnington defensive line before slipping the ball square for a neat finish by Swaries for 2-0.

The third goal followed quickly with a neatly deflected effort from Bull from a Swaries cross.

As the first half drew to a close there was still time for Bolton to add to their tally, a defensive foot on the line resulting in a penalty stroke being given.

Bull calmly converted with a flick into the top left to complete her hat-trick and to take Bolton into the break with a 4-0 lead.

The second half saw Winnington come out fighting, adding a physical dynamic to the game.

Bolton’s defence of Jess Stanners, Donna Godwyn, Hannah Payne and Fiona Clarke absorbed a lot of the pressure with goalkeeper Katie Bent making some key saves when called upon to keep a clean sheet.

The visitors had the final word in the game following a decisive drive by Frost down the right. She fired the ball across the Winnington Park goalmouth with Gibb on hand to get the final touch and make the final score 5-0.

There are three matches left to play in the season starting at home to Crewe Vagrants on Saturday.

The second team were 2-0 winners at home to Prescot in Division Two of the Greater Manchester Hockey League.

The hosts took their time to get going but had captain Jo Tanner controlling the defence and not allowing the opposition any time to get a shot on target.

After a scoreless first half, Bolton improved after the break and a fine ball sent into the D by Debbie Green saw Angelie Chitre move across the goal and slot the ball home.

Soon after Jess Flegg scored an excellent second goal to double the advantage. Nat Boal was voted player of the game, the seconds now third in the standings.

The third team were 7-2 winners against Wigan in Division Four.

Bolton were in control from the off, helped by solid defence with Autumn Coomber and Emma Verghese.

Some saves were made by the goalkeeper and captain Jenny Salmon but opportunities were limited for Wigan.

It was 4-1 to Bolton at half-time with Lucy Pickles (two), Lauren Heyes and Angelie Chitre on target.

In the second half there was much more action for Bolton’s defence however they still managed to drive forwards and score three further goals through Emily Hawkrigg, Pickles and Chitre.