BOLTON Hockey Club’s ladies first team have it all to play for on the final weekend of the season despite defeat in the penultimate game of the campaign.

They face Sale this weekend sitting third in the North Hockey League Division Three South West and looking to seal a promotion spot.

Last time out they went down 2-0 against Wrexham.

Some good defence from Megan Heyes halted one attack from the Welsh side but they were soon in front from a penalty corner.

Bolton continued to work hard in the second half but paid for a few errors, Wrexham fumbling the ball over the line for a second goal.

The second team suffered a similar fate, going down 3-1 against Didsbury in Greater Manchester League Division Two on Saturday.

Player of the match Becky Denton led an excellent defensive effort early on with Debbie Green and Lucy Pickles also getting stuck in. Didsbury however were two goals to the good at the break.

Bolton looked to get back in the game early in the second half but after a fine move which found Lauren Heyes in the D, she could not find the net.

Didsbury then hit back with a third goal before Bolton did pull one back 20 minutes from time, Emily Hawkrigg, Jess Flegg and Angelie Chitre all involved before captain Viv Lake scored.

The men’s first team kept up their promotion push in North West Hockey League Division One North with a 3-1 victory at Urmston.

The home side opened the scoring and held the lead until the break before Bolton rebounded.

Rob Lord and Sam Robinson punched holes in the midfield allowing Yusuf Nalla to break in behind the Urmston defence.

Multiple short corners built the pressure with two converted, one sent in from Martin Luke and deflected home by Damien Pearse while the second minutes later saw a rebound put in by Scott Mather.

As the opposition wilted, defender Connor Hannick lobbed the keeper to complete victory.

In Division Three North, the men’s seconds went down 1-0 against Preston.

Bolton did have some chances in the first half, Reece Holmes forcing a fine save from the keeper with the best of them.

The woodwork was then struck in the second as Matt Whitfield looked to control the game from midfield.

An injury to Matt Simpson disrupted things though and a makeshift defensive line could not prevent what proved to be the game’s decisive goal.

The third team were 2-1 winners over Brooklands in Division Four North South.

Ben Choudary put Bolton in front with a fine strike, Brooklands levelling almost immediately after the interval. But Bolton persisted with Finlay Daley slotting home.