BOLTON boss Ian Evatt says he will lodge a complaint against match official Neil Hair after being left baffled by key decisions - including his own sending off after full-time - in the 2-1 defeat at Tranmere Rovers.

Wanderers ended the game with 10 men after central defender Ryan Delaney was shown two second-half yellow cards, the first for a foul which earned Tranmere a decisive penalty.

And Evatt will have to watch Tuesday night's game at Mansfield from the stands after being shown two quickfire yellow cards for questioning Delaney's dismissal and not penalising Manny Monthe for a clear foul on Antoni Sarcevic, denying the midfielder a path to goal as Wanderers searched for an equaliser.

"I don't know why he sent me off, I didn't swear at him, I just asked him why he didn't sent Monthe off when Sarcevic is clean through," said Evatt.

"He's dragged him down, everyone can see it, he'd already been booked and he should have been sent off.

"There's no explanation for it, and if you miss that one then you certainly can't send my player off for coming and winning a header. It's baffling.

"He gave a penalty against us for Ryan Delaney trying to block a shot in the box, he pointed to the corner and then gave a penalty and booked Ryan in the process, and then a second booking just after Monthe should have been booked he books Ryan for coming through and winning a good, strong header and then gives him a second yellow, and he couldn't wait to send him off.

"I think we've not had the rub of the green, and we are going to report the referee and the officials today, not just for their officiating but for the way and the manner they were speaking to our bench during the game."

Of his own red card, Evatt added: "I went over to speak to him, he just had a smug grin on his face which was very arrogant. I didn't swear at him, we had witnesses all around us, I just questioned why he'd made the decisions he had. And obviously he felt the need to book me once and then give me a second yellow and a red, which in my opinion is unjust."

But Evatt conceded they had made a rod for their own back after conceding in the fourth minute. James Vaughan doubled their advantage from the spot before the hour.

Sarcevic pulled a goal back on 66 minutes and was denied the chance of a second by Monthe before Delaney was sent off.

"We didn't deserve to lose that game, I think everyone can see that, but we have done again through a poor few minutes at the start of the game and in my view we've been let down by officials," said Evatt.

"But with 10 men we still dominated the ball, we had all the possession, created chances, it's just not going our way at the moment but we have to keep our heads down and keep fighting."