BOLTON RUFC made it a hat-trick of North Two West victories with a 41-27 triumph against Cockermouth last weekend.

The hosts opted to kick off the day’s proceedings, with Cockermouth choosing to play towards the clubhouse in the first half at Avenue Street.

The first 10 minutes was all Bolton as they assaulted the Cockermouth defensive line in a flurry of scathing attacks.

They quickly found themselves two tries ahead – the first inside three minutes going to Jake Rimmer.

Bolton stand-off, Ben Price, slotted the conversion and four minutes later burst through the line and slid across the whitewash before also converting his own try to make it 14-0 with less than 10 minutes on the clock.

Cockermouth began to rally, dragging themselves back into the game and they started dominating possession and moving the ball left to right across the park with grace and attacking prowess.

Big forward carries were followed up by the backs spinning the ball wide and it caught Bolton’s defence and led to back-to-back breaks.

These culminated in Cockermouth’s first try through Sam Wilson, who showed some nifty footwork and scored under the sticks, with Luke Armstrong following up with the conversion.

The game then suddenly opened up for both sides running into the half time whistle.

The home side would break the line and go the length, followed by Cockermouth turning the ball over and retorting with swift running rugby of their own to push possession deep into Bolton territory.

This passage of play then saw two further tries to Bolton, and one for Cockermouth.

Bolton’s Jack Robinson broke through and over the line on 26 minutes, with the in-form Price converting.

Cockermouth’s Sam Wilson danced his way through for his second, with Armstrong converting, before Rimmer scored the final try of the half, on 33 minutes, though this time Price pushed the conversion wide.

The second half started off quickly with Cockermouth’s Armstrong bustling his way over the Bolton line for the visitors’ first try of the second half. Armstrong also slotted the conversion and Bolton had a game on their hands.

With the match fairly even on the scoreboard, Bolton struck the next blow.

Price unleashed the mighty Rimmer down the left flank who ran 60 yards and slid home out wide to secure Bolton another five points, Price knocked the conversion wide.

Unfortunately for Cockermouth, Bolton’s Rhys Pritchard went on the outside of their player, Sam Wilson, and extended away before a collision between the pair saw the game’s first yellow card.

The yellow card created a shift in momentum, and allowed Bolton to break the deadlock and pull away from the visiting side over the last 30 minutes with another Rimmer try, converted by Price.

Her also grabbed a second try and kicked a penalty with the only late reply from Cockermoutyh being an Armstrong penalty.

It was a superb game from both teams and especially from Bolton’s head coach, Richard Rawlinson, who at the age of 62 played 60 minutes of competitive rugby.