Victor Adeboyejo has completed his move from Wanderers to fellow League One club Mansfield Town.
The striker heads to Field Mill for an undisclosed nominal fee and has put penned a contract until the end of the season
Nigel Clough told the club site: “Victor is a big, strong, powerful centre-forward. We had two good chats with Steven Schumacher after our recent games and expressed our interest in Victor.
“He told us that he was a little unlucky as his striking options were so strong. We’re also aware of him from his time at Burton, where he did very well.
“He’s different to what we have in the squad in the sense that he’ll give us a physical presence up there.”
The 27-year-old hasn’t featured since February due to a knee injury and his departure frees up another space in the squad for an ‘overage’ signing to be made in January.
He follows Will Forrester out the exit door after the defender completed a move to Leyton Orient on Thursday.
Adeboyejo was signed for £500,000 from Burton in 2023 after the most prolific goalscoring spell of his career at the Pirelli Stadium, which had seen him score 13 times by the turn of the year.
He had been converted from a right-sided attacker to a number nine with the Brewers and Ian Evatt felt he would be the perfect foil for then top scorer Dion Charles.
Though he finished the campaign with 16 goals for both clubs, he had a slow start at Bolton. The following season, he reached double figures, including a hat trick against Fleetwood.
Wanderers turned down a £1million bid for Adeboyejo from Turkish outfit Göztepe in the following campaign and though he scored against his former club Leyton Orient on the opening day, he only managed four goals over the course of the campaign.
Schumacher did start him in many of his opening games in charge but the ACL injury left him out of action until November, by which time the team had taken on a significant squad change. He leaves the club with a record of 99 appearances in all competitions and 17 goals.
Share