FARNWORTH Social Circle, Farnworth and Horwich all won through to the quarter-finals of the Anthony Axford Bolton Cricket League Indoor Trophy on Sunday.

And on the second week of the annual competition, Kearsley had a walkover when their scheduled opponents Walkden failed to raise a team.

Heaton overcame Lostock in a very close match to start the day's action.

Put in to bat Heaton's openers Matt Fray and Oliver Sutcliffe put on 41 for the first wicket before Sutcliffe was bowled by Alex Senior for 15.

Fray followed a few runs later which then brought a partnership of 58 between Joe Ball and Luca Williams- Denton.

The latter had to retire on 25 and came back when the fourth wicket fell, and he was not out on 43 at the end of the innings.

Ball finished on 36 leaving Lostock needing 133 to win.

They put up a very good chase thanks to good performances by Tom Senior 36 not out, Rob Holgate 28 and Matthew Trow 27no.

Lostock reached 91 before losing their first wicket, and when the last over started they required 16 to win.

They needed six off the last ball, which was not possible under the rules unless Lee Halliwell bowled a no-ball or wide.

This did not happen and the two runs scored meant Heaton won by four runs.

The next game saw Bradshaw take on Daisy Hill. Bradshaw won the toss and asked Daisy Hill to bat.

In trying to force the run rate and through some excellent fielding from Bradshaw, four run-outs occurred and Daisy Hill were 46-5 after eight overs.

Steve Hodgkinson batted the last overs on his own, taking the total to 71 and his personal score to 33.

Bradshaw lost two wickets before Jordan Mason and Nick Lester guided them to a four-wicket victory.

The final game of the day was between Adlington and Eagley.

Eagley won the toss and asked Adlington to bat. Both Simon Trim (25no)and Cameron Hussain (26no) reached 25 when they had to retire.

Andrew Leyland and Ian Critchley took the score to 103-2 at the end of their 12 overs.

In reply, Eagley got off to a good start, mainly due to the batting of Louis Seigne who had to retire on 25.

The first wicket fell with the score on 62 and the next three went reasonably quickly.

At 86-4 the game could have gone either way.

Danny Counsell (16no) and Louis Seigne (33no) finally saw them home with six balls to spare, the winning run coming from a wide off the first ball of the last over. Iain Critchley took 3-22 for Adlington.

The draw for Sunday's quarter-finals is: 12.30pm Heaton v Farnworth Social Circle, 1.45pm Bradshaw v Horwich, 3pm Eagley v Farnworth, 4.15 pm Astley Bridge v Kearsley.