Four days later we headed across the Pennines to face Yorkshire Diamonds in the first Roses clash of this year’s competition.

The approach to the ground is not the easiest in a coach. The new stand at Headingley looks like it will be a great addition to the ground – if only the same could be said of the carbuncle at the other end which houses the scorers, media and dressing rooms.

The game turned out to be a thriller which saw us grab our first win in nearly two years and providing a good show for the television cameras.

But the experience for me and my fellow scorer was spoiled by the men’s scorers for the game after.

The chance to score at Test grounds is a rare opportunity for club scorers like us, yet the “senior” scorers decided to spend the afternoon wandering around the box and generally getting in the way.

Saturday saw a rain-decimated match for Lostock against Horwich RMI at Chew Moor where, from our point of view, the only plus was the way the ground handled the downpours as our visitors coasted to an easy DLS win.

The following day saw a trip to Liverpool for the ladies' next KSL game.

Aigburth is one of my favourite venues for county games – no particular reason, I just enjoy going there.

Rain delayed the start but relented early enough to get in a full game.

Aigburth also gave a chance to catch up with Meg Fairclough, our skipper from last year, who had left the charms of Bolton behind to start a new life in Milan and was back home for a while.

It was a thrilling game and, having waited so long for a win, we made it two on the spin with another last-ball thriller.

The next day, Monday, saw a trip to London to face the Surrey Stars at the Kia Oval.

The scene of so many famous moments in English cricket, it is a mixture of old and new with the old pavilion surrounded by modern developments but still able to create a crackling atmosphere even with just a couple of thousand people on for our game.

Strangely, standing on the pitch and looking around it did not seem quite as vast as it looks on television.

The scorers are housed right at the top of the old pavilion and the view is amazing.

So was the match, as for the third game running we secured a last-over win.

Surrey looked after us royally all day, even to the extent of providing a crate of beer to celebrate before the long slog home saw us arrive back at Old Trafford at almost midnight.

With the games coming thick and fast, Friday saw our first game at Old Trafford this season as we entertained the holders, Western Storm.

And what a game! Having posted a very useful 153 we were treated to a quite superb innings from Indian star Smiriti Mandhana, who made a stunning century to see her side home with time to spare.

The game also gave me a rare opportunity to score with Lancashire’s first XI scorer, Chris Rimmer, who had stepped in to cover the game for Storm.

Chris used to score for the women before I took over temporarily when he had to go into hospital for a short while. Ten years on I’m still doing it.

After two successive games on Test grounds, with all due respect to Daisy Hill it was back to reality the following day as I returned to Lostock duty.

It was a strange afternoon in some ways as the game drifted along with seemingly no great urgency from either side before Daisy finally secured the win.

My planned day off on the Sunday was scuppered by Lostock's late entry into the regional T20 finals, where we were to face Moorside of the Greater Manchester League in the first semi-final.

A side decimated by injury and holidays produced one of our best performances in years, particularly from David Flanagan who scored a quite magnificent unbeaten 136 as we eased to a 71-run win and a place in the final against Ormskirk.

Unfortunately, Ormskirk proved far too good for us, but all in all it was a great experience.

The next day brought a double header for the Thunder Development squad against Loughborough at Urmston, where, as usual, we were made extremely welcome.

Sadly they did not bring a scorer with them, so again it was back to back T20s on my own.

It is not ideal with the speed at which these games are played, but I got through both matches unscathed, if somewhat tired at the end.

Six games in four days was starting to take its toll, and the week is still young with more games and travelling to come.

Tuesday saw us return to Old Trafford and, unfortunately, extend our 100-per-cent losing record there to four games as we slumped to defeat against our nearest rivals, Surrey Stars.

I still find it somewhat astonishing after several games there even at Old Trafford there is a blind spot from the score box to your right at the Statham End.

Considering how important scorers are to the game it is remarkable the number of grounds where sightlines are restricted to a greater or lesser extent, even on new grounds like Lostock's at Chew Moor.