RYAN Lowe says Bury feel unbeatable on their travels after a 3-2 victory over Morecambe, their third straight away win in League Two.

The Shakers have been showered with accolades and the division’s player of the month, Jay O’Shea, notched twice in a game his side dominated.

Morecambe scored twice in four second-half minutes to make it a nervy finish but League Two manager of the month Lowe’s men held on and haven’t been beaten since Boxing Day.

"We know exactly what's at stake as we head towards the latter stages of the season,” Lowe said.

"Picking up any away points like we did at Morecambe is so important.

"We do feel like we can go anywhere on the road at the moment and get a good result.

"If we can keep looking after our home form and then pick up points from the away games, then that will always stand us in good stead.

"The lads have all been brilliant so far this season – we've just got to carry on doing our jobs and we'll be okay.

"We know we're on the right track so far, but there's still lots of games to go.

"We knew Morecambe would come and have a real go at us when they scored one, and then two goals.

"But we've kept them at bay in the latter stages and I'm delighted with another three points."

Bury found themselves under some early pressure from a Morecambe side still on the hunt for a first victory of 2019.

Veteran Kevin Ellison just failed to connect with a Piero Mingoia cross, then Sam Lavelle headed over a precise centre from Jordan Cranston.

Long-serving Ellison should have done better when he miscued badly after being teed up by Mingoia.

Bury’s first shot in anger arrived in the 16th minute.

After a neat one-two, recalled Byron Moore played in Callum McFadzean, only for the winger to fire straight at Mark Halstead.

A minute later the Shakers struck, Danny Mayor firing in low off the inside of a post after Moore's initial effort had been parried by Halstead.

The Shrimps were stunned by Bury's breakthrough, but they rallied and ex-Shaker Andrew Tutte was thwarted by alert visiting stopper Joe Murphy.

Bury remained the dominant force, however, and it was almost 2-0 when O'Shea curled a shot inches past Halstead's post.

O'Shea made no mistake deep into first-half added time, lashing confidently past Halstead to double Bury's lead.

The Shakers remained on top into the second half and after 52 minutes Scott Wharton headed Nicky Adams' corner just past the post.

Just before the hour mark it was three, O’Shea adding his second when he lashed clinically past Halstead after latching on to Mayor's pass.

The Shrimps clung onto some hope when Adams fouled Richard Bennett in the Bury box in the 65th minute and a penalty awarded.

Bennett slotted home the rebound after Murphy saved his initial effort from the spot.

It was soon 3-2 when sub Steven Old headed in Cranston's cross, but the Shakers held on.

Morecambe (4-3-3): Halstead; Mills, Lavelle (Old, 43), Sutton, Conlan (Dalby, 89); Kenyon, Tutte (Mendes Gomes 45), Cranston; Bennett, Mingoia, Ellison.

Subs not used: Szczepaniak, McKay, Hedley, Oates.

Bury (3-5-2): Murphy 7; Aimson 6, Thompson 7, Wharton 6; Adams 7 (Cooney, 79, 6), Mayor 8 (O'Connell, 83, 6), O'Shea 8, Rossiter 6, McFadzean 6; Moore 7 (Telford, 90, 6), Maynard 7.

Subs not used: Maloney, Stokes, Omotayo, Danns.

Referee: Anthony Backhouse.

Attendance: 2,665.