TWO of Bolton Rugby Union Club’s junior sides won away from home on Sunday.

The under-17s came from behind to defeat Kendal 20-19 while the u15s beat local rivals Blackburn 34-12.

The Junior Colts faced second-placed Kendal with just 16 players but clocked up their second away win on the bounce thanks to Lewis Picton’s hat-trick.

Captain Marcus Crompton gained possession shortly after an early try from Kendal and set up Harry Moxham to level the score.

Picton was moved to scrum-half to replace injured Sam Howie and quickly took advantage of the gaps Bolton created in Kendal’s front line to put the visitors ahead.

Kendal got one back with a successful conversion just before half time to lead 12-10.

James Harris and Luke Bagnall put in good shifts for Bolton, before Lewis Warburton, Leon Bain-Hall and Jack Phillips delivered the ball to Picton, who put Bolton back in front.

Seb Donnelly and Josh Parry prevented a Kendal comeback deep inside the 22 and set up Picton to power down the pitch and complete his hat-trick four minutes from time.

Bolton conceded a penalty try after collapsing a maul deep inside their territory, but Joe Egerton forced a knock-on to halt Kendal’s final push and secure Bolton’s victory by a single point.

The u15s finished their league matches with a 100-per-cent winning record after a straightforward victory at Blackburn.

Harry McDermott put the visitors ahead in the opening minute, before consistent pressure allowed scrum-half Sam McDowell to exploit a gap in Blackburn’s defence and double Bolton’s lead a quarter of the way into the match.

Two minutes later, Leon Hodson ran three quarters of the pitch before being tackled, with McDowell picking up the ball from the ruck and scoring his second try, which Mark Glynn converted.

McDermott powered through several tackles to score his second, also converted by Glynn, to extend Bolton’s lead to 24 points at half time.

Bolton picked up several injuries in a closer second half, but captain Fred Holt-Gregson added another try.

Blackburn pulled a converted try back after a sustained period of possession, but Leo Hope-Barry scored his first try of the season five minutes from time.

A final Blackburn try could not stop Bolton finishing their league matches with a perfect 35 points to secure a spot in the quarter-finals of next month’s Lancashire Cup competition.