- TEMPERS could flare when plans for a controversial care facility for people with learning difficulties, autism and physical disabilities are decided upon tonight.
- Councillors will debate an application to demolish the former Whittaker House care home in Parsonage Street, Radcliffe and build 20 one-bedroom flats in its place.
- More than 40 homeowners have formally objected to the proposal, but planning officers have recommended the authority grants permission to the plans.
- Bury council’s planning control committee will also discuss applications for a new bus stop in Radcliffe town centre and for 50 flats to be built on the site of the old Holcombe Tennis Club.
- The meeting at Bury Town Hall starts at 7pm.
Comments are closed on this article.