Two men accused of murdering a man will face trial next year after his body parts were found in multiple locations across Greater Manchester. 

Yesterday, April 29, Michal Jaroslaw Polchowski, 68, and Marcin Majerkiewicz, 42, were charged with the murder of a 67-year-old man. 

They appeared at Tameside Magistrates’ Court, which passed the case onto Manchester Crown Court. 

Today, Tuesday, a trial date has been set for the pair for March 3 next year. 

The Bolton News: Police believe the victim to be Stuart EverettPolice believe the victim to be Stuart Everett (Image: GMP)

Polchowski and Majerkiewicz, both of Worsley Road, Eccles, were remanded in custody after appearing at crown court and will next appear in court on July 18 for a plea and trial preparation hearing. 

The provisional trial date of March 3 next year was fixed by Judge Nicholas Dean KC, the Honorary Recorder of Manchester. 

This comes after Greater Manchester Police (GMP) said this morning that it believes the victim is 67-year-old Stuart Everett, who lived "in the local area".

Police say formal identification is yet to take place, but DNA samples have been sent away for urgent forensic analysis. 

The Bolton News: Cordon at Blackleach ReservoirCordon at Blackleach Reservoir (Image: Newsquest)

Mr Everett's torso, consisting of the bottom of his back, buttocks and thigh, was discovered on Kersal Wetlands by a passer-by on April 4 and had been wrapped in clear plastic. 

Read more: Human remains found at country park murder squad detectives confirm 

Read more: Police on scene at country park in connection with gruesome murder investigation

Remains were found at two more locations over the weekend, at Blackleach Country Park and Linnyshaw Colliery Woods in Walkden. 

Then yesterday morning, Monday, police said there had been a further discovery in an alleyway close to railway lines off Worsley Road. 

The Bolton News: Human remains were found by a passer-by on Kersal Wetlands (Peter Byrne/PA)Human remains were found by a passer-by on Kersal Wetlands (Peter Byrne/PA)

Detective Superintendent Lewis Hughes, from GMP’s serious crime division, said: “My officers and detectives, alongside additional resources from across the force, have worked tirelessly over the last three days to secure charges.

“We are grateful for the public’s continued help and support throughout this case.

"We understand the shockwaves this has caused throughout the community and beyond, and we hope you are reassured by the pace of our investigation and also our large police presence in the areas as we continue to make inquiries.

“We have officers drawn from different teams and units in GMP who have helped us search, and their efforts do not go unnoticed, and they have all played an important role to help us get to this stage in our investigation.

“We said right at the start that our investigation will not stop until we have every stone unturned, and this continues to be the case.

"Our investigation has been a huge process so far, and we will continue to push forward in our inquiries to find answers for Stuart’s family.”