Smouldering light fitting tackled by firefighters

First published in North West

FIREFIGHTERS attended a smouldering light fitting at a home in Grove Hill, Boothstown at 12.45am yesterday, Monday.

The owner of the home raised alarm after noticing lighters were flickering in the upstairs of his home then noticed a light above a shower cubicle was smouldering.

Firefighters were also called to a home in Myrtle Avenue in Leigh at 8.49am after a washing machine caught fire. They put out the fire on arrival.

Meanwhile a pan of food caught fire after being left on a hob at a home in Lowther Drive, Leigh at 10.30am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree