Chip pan fire in Radcliffe

BAN THE PAN: Chip pan danger

BAN THE PAN: Chip pan danger

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter

THREE fire engines from Whitefield, Bury and Broughton were called to a chip pan fire in a Radcliffe home around 6.42pm last night.

The chip pan had set on fire while on the cooker in the kitchen of the house on Arley Street.

One male and one female had managed to get themselves out of the property and were suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation when firefighters arrived.

They received oxygen therapy before being conveyed to Fairfield General Hospital by ambulance.

Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue’s Ban the Pan campaign urges the public to stop using dangerous chip pans and to instead cook chips in a deep fat fryer or the oven.

Chair of Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Authority, Councillor David Acton, said: "Cooking fires in Greater Manchester happen daily with some of them involving chip pans, which can be extremely dangerous, and even deadly.”

Watch the GMFRS Ban the Pan video here:

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree