A MAN was found dead in his own home on New Year's Day in Little Hulton.
Police were called to a home in Clegg's Lane at 7.45pm yesterday after reports that the body had been found inside.
Officers then discovered the body of a man in his sixties.
Police said they are treating the death as "unexplained" and have not ruled out suspicious circumstances.
A police spokesman said: "A post-mortem is under way and police are now working to establish the cause of his death."
- £10,000 of iPads and laptops stolen from school as thieves break in twice in a week
- 'Nuisance' jobseeker cleared of planting hoax bomb after sparking major town centre alert
- Shakespeare Foundry fire 'likely to have been caused by spark'
- Two arrested over blackmail gang attack on man who thought he was meeting underage girl
- Bunging burglar admits his guilt after police follow half-mile blood trail