A MAN was found dead in his own home on New Year's Day in Little Hulton.
Police were called to a home in Clegg's Lane at 7.45pm yesterday after reports that the body had been found inside.
Officers then discovered the body of a man in his sixties.
Police said they are treating the death as "unexplained" and have not ruled out suspicious circumstances.
A police spokesman said: "A post-mortem is under way and police are now working to establish the cause of his death."
- Public-sector workers urged to snub latest pay-rise offer
- UPDATED: Driver suffers 'signficant' injuries after lorry blown over on M61 as Hurricane Gonzalo sweeps through Bolton
- Bolton Council set to lose £5 million in unpaid council tax
- 'Chemical attack' on town hall as firefighters in protective suits carry out drill in centre of Bolton
- Second dog rescued from Greece and brought to Bolton after being left for dead on the street