Lorry stuck under Walkden bridge
A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Family's emotional plea for witnesses as 'loveable giant' lies seriously ill in hospital
- Woman charged with abusing eight residents at Bolton care home
- Racists scrawl anti-Islamic graffiti on Ironman route
- Tribute board created for motorcyclist killed in Farnworth tree crash
- Woman found hanged in Breightmet
Comments are closed on this article.