A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Popular town centre pub wrongly advertises 5-star food hygiene rating for more than two months
- Petition to reinstate weekly collections as council defends controversial slimline bin move
- Tributes after death of much-loved baker and 'inspirational' hospice supporter
- RBS bank in Deane to close
- VIDEO: Barn owl reunited with its owner after flying into Bolton flat