A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Miss Universe's curves are in all the right places
- A campaign to help residents recyle correctly wins top award
- Help with hair loss at hand in Bolton market
- Self-confessed shopaholic Paula takes over shopping centre
- Petition to see Bolton recognised as part of Lancashire attracts 800 signatures