A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Child hit by car in morning rush hour
- Pub landlord's plans for new town centre café and flats to help homeless
- Bid to build development of family homes on farmland blocked by council
- Family home transformed into winter wonderland
- Quietest police counter to close