A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Mum and son have three months to 'find' £113,000 stolen from Dunscar Conservative Club
- Hospital bosses apologise after elderly dementia patient's wedding ring is stolen from her finger
- Firefighters called after man heard shouting for help trapped on roof of Voodoo bar in Bolton town centre at 6am
- 'Overcrowding on Bolton trains will improve', says transport secretary
- 'More poor people should vote', says MP