Lorry stuck under Walkden bridge
A LORRY got stuck under a low bridge in Walkden for nearly two hours this afternoon.
Traffic was blocked in both directions and Walkden Road was closed southbound at Walkden railway station.
Police confirmed that the 14 tonne HGV, which got stuck under the railway bridge in Walkden Road at 12.30pm, was finally removed by about 2.15pm.
The police corden has now been removed and the road has now been re-opened.
Nobody was injured during the incident.
The latest live traffic and travel news is available here.
- Bus services set to be cut across Bolton
- Council to spend almost £500,000 to combat school places shortage
- Thieves steal fence panel from couple's "pride and joy" garden
- Huge festival set to see families flock to the town centre on Easter Monday
- New mayor of Westhoughton's special way to celebrate a special year
Comments are closed on this article.