A MAN was held hostage in his own living room while robbers ransacked his home searching for valuables.
The robbery took place at a house in Links Road, Harwood, after the three men stormed into the property through an unlocked side door. One man held the terrified resident in the living room while the other two searched the house.
The gang stole what police said was "a significant amount" of cash before fleeing.
The raid took place on Tuesday between 6.30pm and 6.50pm. The victim was not injured.
One of the men was white, about 6ft tall, wore dark clothes and had his hood up, and had a blue scarf covering his face.
He is thought to be aged between 20 and 22 and spoke with a local accent.
The two other men were also wearing dark clothes. One had a dark zip-up hoody with a thick red band across the chest.
Det Insp Charlotte Cadden, from Bolton North Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This was a terrifying robbery which took place in the early evening.
“One of the offenders was wearing a very distinctive hoody with a thick red band across it.
“I would urge people to think back to Tuesday and recall if they saw anybody acting suspiciously in the area or anyone matching the descriptions of the offenders.
- Brothel shut down and prostitutes spoken to during human trafficking crackdown
- Hundreds of customers queue outside for opening of new pound store
- UPDATE: Two people taken to hospital after crash at busy roundabout
- REVEALED: Almost 17,000 new homes could be built across Bolton over next 20 years
- PICTURES/ VIDEO: Bolton's new cinema rolls out the red carpet treatment for guests at its official opening
“Anyone with information should contact the police or Crimestoppers, anonymously.
“I would like to remind people to keep doors secured even if you are in your house at the time to improve your personal safety.”
People can call Astley Bridge police station on 0161 8565761, quoting the crime reference number 7032G/14 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.