KNIFE-wielding thugs have raided a hair salon in Deane this afternoon - just days after a nearby salon suffered the same terrifying ordeal.
Two masked men burst into the Cabello for Hair salon in Wigan Road at about noon today, both waving knives and demanding money from the till.
Shaken staff directed the thugs to the till and they made off with about £400.
Greater Manchester Police believe the two incidents may be linked, a view shared by the victims of the robberies.
Cabello for Hair owner Nova Perkins said: “We have talked to the guys at Talking Heads and there is a good chance it was the same person involved.”
Both sets of staff have described a white man, about 6ft tall, wearing a tracksuit and carrying a bag.
While the robbery at Talking Heads involved just one man, today’s incident involved two — with the second man described as white, about 5ft 10in tall and also wearing a tracksuit.
Both men had their faces covered by scarves.
Ms Perkins said: “They came in waving knives around and shouting at us to show them where the till was.
“After hearing about the other robbery, we have had the door locked all day but a client had left and it was open for just five minutes and that is when they came in.
- School caretaker wins flag battle with Bolton at Home
- Whites fan banned from watching football for racially abusing manager Dougie Freedman and two Wanderers stars
- 'Sickening' suicide watch mugs pulled from shelves at pound store
- UKIP deny fall out between Little Lever councillor and senior branch member
- "Business as usual" for Scottish firm's Bolton base ahead of independence vote
“We think they tried to get into several other shops on this stretch but didn’t manage it — it is a shock for it to happen so soon after the other one.”
A police pokesman said: "No arrests have been made after this incident and enquiries are ongoing. Anyone with any information is urged to contact us by calling 101."