A SUSPECTED drug trafficker from Bolton has been arrested by Spanish police after an investigation into the supply of drugs to British holidaymakers in Majorca.
Benjamin Cheetham, aged 23, from Bolton, was arrested in Majorca by Spain’s National Police in what was described as "a major operation".
He is alleged to be part of suspected drug trafficking boss John Pereira's gang.
Pereira, aged 30, from Manchester, was arrested at the weekend after police raided his home in Magaluf, Majorca.
A spokesman from the force’s headquarters in Madrid, said: “Pereira tried to resist arrest waving a machete, but he was overpowered without anyone being injured.
"He is the supposed head of a gang which was supplying cocaine and designer drugs to young British holidaymakers in the resort.
"He is also implicated in a number of stabbing incidents during the summer months.”
- GALLERY: Hundreds of bikers say goodbye at funeral of late motorcycle ace Malachi Mitchell-Thomas
- PICTURES: Convertible driver 'could have been crushed' by out of control car that rode up bonnet and was launched into air
- 'I feel betrayed' - Elderly woman's sadness after carer steals and pawns engagement ring for £25
- Bolton place name makes list of UK's funniest - Can you guess where it is?
- New adventure play area and 18-hole crazy golf course taking shape at Market Place Shopping Centre