POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Jailed: Burglar who crashed £60,000 Porsche on M61 after 100mph police chase
- Brave boy turns up at school in a dress - and is a worldwide hit
- Hollands garden centre goes into receivership ahead of expected sports village plans
- Elderly man uninjured after kitchen blaze sparked by unattended food
- University vice chancellor spent more than £17,000 on hotels and flights