POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- 160 deaths reported to Bolton coroner in just one week — more than double the number expected
- 'Van driver' finally finds love on Take Me Out
- Defibrillator campaigner invited to speak in Parliament
- Watch out for early warning signs of domestic abuse, say Bolton experts
- Mayor of Bolton smashes target urging Bolton businesses to employ apprentices