Arson probe launched after Farnworth car blaze
POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Friends and family pay respects at funeral of tragic hanged teenager Aleysha Rothwell
- Trusted Prestons employee 'stole £30,000 from jeweller'
- Homeless man missing for a month after walking out of Royal Bolton Hospital
- UPDATED: Car park cabin destroyed in arson attack
- 15-year-old girl 'was raped while she played on XBox'
Comments are closed on this article.