POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- UPDATE: Man arrested and bailed in connection with explosives offence
- Widow unsure whether ashes inside urn are husband's after mix-up
- PICTURES: Costume ideas for World Book Day 2017
- Happy ending for dog after ruff time getting head stuck in railings
- Singers face the judges in fourth round of Sing Bolton Sing