POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- UPDATED: Teenage driver in critical condition after Moss Bank Way horror smash
- Teenage shop worker who walked elderly man home from Aldi becomes viral sensation
- Cub leader dies a week after suffering serious head injuries in car accident in Kearsley
- Tributes after death of former Horwich town mayor
- More than 1,200 names on student nurse's 'save the NHS' petition