POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Man gets £900 bill for spitting chewing gum on pavement
- Smoking 'should be banned in play areas' say council chiefs
- Robber threatens betting shop staff with gun
- Metal band Weapon UK ready for gig in Bromley Cross
- Super-mum set to run five Rivvy Pike marathons in five days