POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Mad Friday in Bolton town centre
- UPDATED: Huge cannabis farm worth up to £1 million found in Great Lever
- 'Vicious' thug who battered girlfriend jailed for 10 years
- Woman taken to hospital after Mini overturns on East Lancs Road slip
- Binmen's special Christmas present for youngster who waves at them every time he sees them