POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Police appeal for witnesses after man suffered serious head injury in town centre
- VIDEO: Jury hears how sex attacker pulled down young mum's underwear as she pushed her two children in a buggy
- VIDEO: Driver and passengers escape injury after car smashes into Belisha beacons on traffic island
- Amir Khan's wife speaks out after attack on boxer's family on social media
- Hundreds of residents turn out to hear plans for controversial housing schemes