POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- VIDEO: Vital care centre that's served community for 20 years faces axe due to council cuts
- New bypass could be the ‘first of many’ for borough
- Men jailed after gruesome gang street fight with knife, hammer and axe
- Driver in stolen car repeatedly rammed police van on Christmas Eve
- Fans snap up £5 tickets for Wanderers home clash with Spireites