POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Courageous shop boss 'disgusted' at car thief's sentence
- Woman flees burning bedroom after cigarette starts fire
- UPDATED: Sawn off shotgun found in Bolton park
- Teenager stabbed in leg in Tonge Moor
- Multi-million pound LED street lights scheme will begin next month