Arson probe launched after Farnworth car blaze
POLICE have launched an arson investigation after a car was set on fire in Farnworth.
Firefighters were called to Campbell Street at 1.30am after someone smashed the window of a grey Volkswagen Golf and used an accelerant to set the front seats of the car alight.
The fire had gone out by the time the crews arrived and they made sure the area was safe.
Police believed this to be a “deliberate ignition” on the car which was parked outside the owner’s property.
A spokesman for Greater Manchester Police said: “No arrests have been made at this point and enquiries into this incident are ongoing.”
- Two people arrested in Farnworth murder probe
- Football fans remember Burnden Park disaster
- Probe after car set on fire in Daubhill
- Man talked down by relatives after threatening to jump onto M61 motorway
- Thieves cause £40,000 of damage at scrapyard