A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Dad describes savage attack that left him with life-changing head injuries
- Animal porn DVD man given community sentence after being caught scratching himself in park
- Funeral of Bolton folk singer and Phoenix Nights actor Bob Williamson
- Victim of fatal flat fire 'complained about malfunctioning gas fire' — inquest hears
- PICTURES: 12 festivals to enjoy within an hour's drive of Bolton