A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Grandmother's horror as stranger kisses her nine-month-old grandson on lips
- Did a Member of Parliament tell Pakistani-born Bolton MP Yasmin Qureshi to 'go home?'
- Tributes paid to popular former hairdresser who has died
- VIDEO: 'Potentially very dangerous' house fire leaves man temporarily homeless
- Traffic police catch law breakers in Bolton