A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Winter is coming: Huge snow slide will be Christmas attraction in Bolton town centre
- Family of Alan Henning sent audio file of aid worker 'pleading for his life'
- JAILED: Drug dealer caught in churchyard with £1,000 of crack and heroin 'between his bottom cheeks'
- Firefighters scrambled after false alarm house fire threat call
- Shopping centre will host student event with Geordie Shore's Holly Hagan tomorrow night