A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- VIDEO: 'Please, don't let my daughter be a victim' - distraught mum of teenager killed in terror attack speaks at vigil
- UPDATED: 22.00 Police search street after reports of gunshot exchange between two cars
- UPDATED: Suspect arrested in Wigan in connection with bombing - town centre on lockdown
- Primary school put on 'lockdown' after social media post
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - May 24, 2017