A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Iconic Bolton department store Beales to close
- Football fans facing travel headache due to Macron Stadium train station closure
- GALLERY: 200 years of Beales as department store announces 'Everything Must Go'
- Parents' horror after young son steps on bloody syringe thrown into back garden
- Vandals slash car tyres in spree across Bolton