A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Newport Street elephants to be moved
- Rapist claims he was asleep while having sex with two women
- Paedophile raped and sexually assaulted four young girls
- 'Arrogant' dog walker failed to clean up poo - despite being pursued by council officers
- Mistaken identity error plunges innocent dad into Kafkaesque nightmare over unpaid train ticket