A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Golf club youths are ‘wasting’ rescue time
- Tories' fury as Labour Party hires council venue for political fundraiser
- Staff survey reveals pressures felt by Royal Bolton Hospital employees
- Artists present powerful exhibition inspired by 1936 Berlin Olympics
- £600,000 funding boost for Royal Bolton Hospital A&E to ease winter pressure