A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Bolton primary school caretaker contacted notorious paedophile in attempt to arrange £100-an-hour sex with 12-year-old girl
- Bolton taxpayers' £20,000 bill for people who sue when their cars are damaged by potholes
- Five suspects identified in hunt for abusers at remand centre
- Children experience a night at the museum to find out about the wonders of science and technology
- 160 deaths reported to Bolton coroner in just one week — more than double the number expected