A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Robbers armed with knives, a hammer, and a gun strike at Burger Kings in Bury and Bolton
- GALLERY: Hundreds of bikers say goodbye at funeral of late motorcycle ace Malachi Mitchell-Thomas
- Council slammed for withdrawing objection to controversial 300-house plan
- Neighbours' shared interest in drugs led to joint venture cannabis farm
- Heartbroken couple want to give baby daughter a 'funeral fit for a princess'