A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Miss Universe's curves are in all the right places
- Science festival has "special effect" on excited youngsters
- Edgworth singer Redd jumps 15,000ft in memory of James Bulger
- Dog and Partridge pub crash suspect appears in court
- The Civic Trust - more than just a blue plaque