A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Moment shop assistant is confronted by gun in 'joke' robbery caught on camera
- Labour investigating council candidate after failure to disclose criminal convictions
- Man in hospital after being stabbed in mass brawl
- Outstanding schools in Bolton to link up under Government's controversial academies programme
- PICTURES: Smashing summer of events planned for Bolton