A WOMAN who kept cats in her garden shed has admitted mistreating them.
Janet Latherton, aged 60, of Leigh Road, Atherton, pleaded guilty to causing unnecessary suffering to six cats by failing to house them in an appropriate environment between July 17 and October 17 last year at Wigan Magistrates Court.
She also admitted failing to protect the animals from pain, suffering, injury and disease.
The case was brought by the RSPCA and Latherton is due back before magistrates on March 10 to be sentenced.
- Cheers as protesters hand in petition calling for council leader to resign
- RECAP: Bolton Council protest and budget meeting
- Heartbreaking images of baby boy minutes before he died from meningitis
- WATCH: Attempted armed robber threatens takeaway staff in 'terrifying incident'
- Bolton's 4 Most Wanted - February 22, 2017