UPDATED: Four arrested in suspected Halliwell brothel raid

UPDATED: Four arrested in suspected Halliwell brothel raid

The house in Rushey Fold Lane, Halliwell, which neighbours believe was being used as a brothel.

The house in Rushey Fold Lane, Halliwell, which neighbours believe was being used as a brothel.

The house in Rushey Fold Lane, Halliwell, which neighbours believe was being used as a brothel.

The house in Rushey Fold Lane, Halliwell, which neighbours believe was being used as a brothel.

The house in Rushey Fold Lane, Halliwell, which neighbours believe was being used as a brothel.

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by , crime reporter

FOUR people have been arrested after police swooped on a suspected brothel in Halliwell.

Police raided the mid-terrace home after getting complaints from residents about suspicious activity at the address in Rushey Fold Lane.

Police seized £24,000 in cash from the house yesterday, and three people were arrested: a 33-year-old man and two women aged 19 and 40.

Another woman, aged, aged 35, was arrested today.

All four have been arrested on suspicion of being involved in the management of a brothel and money laundering.

Police told nearby residents the raid was carried out because of a tip-off about prostitution, and they are now investigating a number of similar homes in the area.

People are being asked to "be the eyes and ears of the community" and to raise the alarm if something causes concern.

Bryan Dunning, aged 52, a Rushey Fold Lane resident, said: “I was shocked to hear what had happened.

"I saw the police and wondered what was going on.

"I have lived here for 25 years and I have never known anything like this on the road until now.

"It’s a little leafy suburb, and it’s the last thing you expect.

"We got a letter from police saying they were investigating prostitution.


MORE:


"I had seen a dolly bird coming from the back street at about 10am and did think it was strange but I didn’t know then.”

A woman, who did not want to be identified, said: “I saw a lot of police and presumed it was a drugs raid.

"A family had lived in the house previously but moved out a few weeks ago. I can’t believe it’s been happening so close to my home.”

The home is believed to be rented and is near Rushey Fold Court, which his home to many elderly people.

Det Insp Charlotte Cadden, from Bolton North Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “We were responding to residents’ complaints about anti-social behaviour, comings and goings, in the residential area.

"If people have witnessed anything suspicious I would urge people to give us a call.

“We take reports of these types very seriously and always take positive action whenever we can to improve the quality of people’s lives.”

Anyone with information can call police on 0161 8565761 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

3:51pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Jim271 says...

I didn't know my ex-girlfriend had moved.lol
I didn't know my ex-girlfriend had moved.lol Jim271
  • Score: 5

4:01pm Thu 6 Mar 14

marco999 says...

What a seedy place Halliwell has become.
What a seedy place Halliwell has become. marco999
  • Score: 39

4:13pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Jim271 says...

I wonder what nationality the persons involved are?

Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street.

The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road.

I wish I could afford to move.
I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move. Jim271
  • Score: 47

4:34pm Thu 6 Mar 14

underwater says...

This Town just goes worse by the day. Why the council keep talking about the town center is beyond me, why can they not get busy with the demolition of the areas around Halliwell & Blackburn road. Clear the lot ,it can only be an improvement for the Town.
This Town just goes worse by the day. Why the council keep talking about the town center is beyond me, why can they not get busy with the demolition of the areas around Halliwell & Blackburn road. Clear the lot ,it can only be an improvement for the Town. underwater
  • Score: 24

4:42pm Thu 6 Mar 14

dressit says...

It's not the area, it's the people, I have friends in halliwell and lived there as a child, it was great growing up in Halliwell. Jim271 is right, cut down on the off licences and take always....seems to me bolton is full of them!
It's not the area, it's the people, I have friends in halliwell and lived there as a child, it was great growing up in Halliwell. Jim271 is right, cut down on the off licences and take always....seems to me bolton is full of them! dressit
  • Score: 37

4:51pm Thu 6 Mar 14

chris25 says...

marco999 wrote:
What a seedy place Halliwell has become.
halliwell as not become a seedy place still the same its the lowlife who move into the area that make it that .as with any area.
[quote][p][bold]marco999[/bold] wrote: What a seedy place Halliwell has become.[/p][/quote]halliwell as not become a seedy place still the same its the lowlife who move into the area that make it that .as with any area. chris25
  • Score: 42

5:19pm Thu 6 Mar 14

bigbob123 says...

Been there me, wonder if the police have found my wallet
Been there me, wonder if the police have found my wallet bigbob123
  • Score: -12

5:36pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Frotage says...

Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?
Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave? Frotage
  • Score: 27

6:17pm Thu 6 Mar 14

lammypie says...

wouldn't have considered Rushey Fold lane as a 'leafy suburb' - must be trying to increase perceived value of property in the area!1
wouldn't have considered Rushey Fold lane as a 'leafy suburb' - must be trying to increase perceived value of property in the area!1 lammypie
  • Score: 24

6:46pm Thu 6 Mar 14

TheOneTrueWord says...

‘Leafy Suburb’ what Rushey Fold Lane, I presume the resident is referring to the overgrown trees opposite that use to form part of Holy Harbour Football Ground but are now just a dumping area for rubbish, especially since the building of Rusheylea Close in 1998!

Halliwell is a dump, as for off licences, don’t include AK’s Grocery’s on Elgin Street... the owner there wouldn’t serve me alcohol even when I was 30 and the same age as his children who I use to play with!
‘Leafy Suburb’ what Rushey Fold Lane, I presume the resident is referring to the overgrown trees opposite that use to form part of Holy Harbour Football Ground but are now just a dumping area for rubbish, especially since the building of Rusheylea Close in 1998! Halliwell is a dump, as for off licences, don’t include AK’s Grocery’s on Elgin Street... the owner there wouldn’t serve me alcohol even when I was 30 and the same age as his children who I use to play with! TheOneTrueWord
  • Score: 26

8:45pm Thu 6 Mar 14

Pb1984 says...

It's a total shame! Halliwell is full of lovely people, I've lived in or around there for nearly 30 years! It really saddens me to see what it's become but then again the vast majority of bolton is the same! Not all us hallwellians are 'pond life' me and my family and friends also from Halliwell would strongly disagree with that! Let's face it, Halliwell has become the dumping ground of foreigners and that's the problem with bolton in general! I'll look forward to when the other areas in bolton end up in the same boat as Halliwell and then People start to bad mouth your area, what's happened to Bolton a place I used to be so proud to come from!!
It's a total shame! Halliwell is full of lovely people, I've lived in or around there for nearly 30 years! It really saddens me to see what it's become but then again the vast majority of bolton is the same! Not all us hallwellians are 'pond life' me and my family and friends also from Halliwell would strongly disagree with that! Let's face it, Halliwell has become the dumping ground of foreigners and that's the problem with bolton in general! I'll look forward to when the other areas in bolton end up in the same boat as Halliwell and then People start to bad mouth your area, what's happened to Bolton a place I used to be so proud to come from!! Pb1984
  • Score: 59

10:05pm Thu 6 Mar 14

SleepingThunder says...

Is it not time Landlords where held responsable for what goes on in there premises? No doubt another landlord who did not have a clue what was going on.
Is it not time Landlords where held responsable for what goes on in there premises? No doubt another landlord who did not have a clue what was going on. SleepingThunder
  • Score: 11

9:39am Fri 7 Mar 14

William2701 says...

I agree with many of the comments above. However in reply to those saying things like clear the area etc I would say this. When the anti social residents of The Haulgh were cleared out of that area a few years ago it may have solved many of the problems that area was experiencing however these people simply moved to other parts of town. Many from the area moved to Halliwell bringing their lifestyle of drink, drugs and prostitution with them.
I agree with many of the comments above. However in reply to those saying things like clear the area etc I would say this. When the anti social residents of The Haulgh were cleared out of that area a few years ago it may have solved many of the problems that area was experiencing however these people simply moved to other parts of town. Many from the area moved to Halliwell bringing their lifestyle of drink, drugs and prostitution with them. William2701
  • Score: 17

11:47am Fri 7 Mar 14

Hollieanne says...

Pb1984 wrote:
It's a total shame! Halliwell is full of lovely people, I've lived in or around there for nearly 30 years! It really saddens me to see what it's become but then again the vast majority of bolton is the same! Not all us hallwellians are 'pond life' me and my family and friends also from Halliwell would strongly disagree with that! Let's face it, Halliwell has become the dumping ground of foreigners and that's the problem with bolton in general! I'll look forward to when the other areas in bolton end up in the same boat as Halliwell and then People start to bad mouth your area, what's happened to Bolton a place I used to be so proud to come from!!
Cliff Morris and his cronies are what has happened to Halliwell. I feel desperately sorry for all the decent, law-abiding residents anywhere who have to live in what have become dumping grounds in exchange for votes, cash funding and ideology without sufficient infastructure or proper integration. Does Cliff live in his ward? Thought not....
[quote][p][bold]Pb1984[/bold] wrote: It's a total shame! Halliwell is full of lovely people, I've lived in or around there for nearly 30 years! It really saddens me to see what it's become but then again the vast majority of bolton is the same! Not all us hallwellians are 'pond life' me and my family and friends also from Halliwell would strongly disagree with that! Let's face it, Halliwell has become the dumping ground of foreigners and that's the problem with bolton in general! I'll look forward to when the other areas in bolton end up in the same boat as Halliwell and then People start to bad mouth your area, what's happened to Bolton a place I used to be so proud to come from!![/p][/quote]Cliff Morris and his cronies are what has happened to Halliwell. I feel desperately sorry for all the decent, law-abiding residents anywhere who have to live in what have become dumping grounds in exchange for votes, cash funding and ideology without sufficient infastructure or proper integration. Does Cliff live in his ward? Thought not.... Hollieanne
  • Score: 22

12:51pm Fri 7 Mar 14

Beyond News Forum says...

"It’s a little leafy suburb, and it’s the last thing you expect."

Someone is telling fibs methinks.
"It’s a little leafy suburb, and it’s the last thing you expect." Someone is telling fibs methinks. Beyond News Forum
  • Score: 2

6:09pm Fri 7 Mar 14

waterbottle says...

Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site
Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site waterbottle
  • Score: -1

7:45pm Fri 7 Mar 14

George X says...

waterbottle wrote:
Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site
Which "site" is that ? the building site ? web site ? or is it that you just can't spell ?
[quote][p][bold]waterbottle[/bold] wrote: Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site[/p][/quote]Which "site" is that ? the building site ? web site ? or is it that you just can't spell ? George X
  • Score: 11

7:54pm Fri 7 Mar 14

thomas222 says...

waterbottle wrote:
Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site
Your correct. Perhaps our British drug dealing scroats have some red lines even they wont cross when it comes to slavery, female abuse & things we cant even imagine.
[quote][p][bold]waterbottle[/bold] wrote: Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site[/p][/quote]Your correct. Perhaps our British drug dealing scroats have some red lines even they wont cross when it comes to slavery, female abuse & things we cant even imagine. thomas222
  • Score: 2

8:47pm Fri 7 Mar 14

paulusderainbow says...

Frotage wrote:
Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?
Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.
[quote][p][bold]Frotage[/bold] wrote: Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?[/p][/quote]Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts. paulusderainbow
  • Score: -1

9:30pm Fri 7 Mar 14

wsw69 says...

George X wrote:
waterbottle wrote:
Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site
Which "site" is that ? the building site ? web site ? or is it that you just can't spell ?
Yet another one whose very basic grammar is abysmal. Rushey Fold Lane a leafy suburb? FFS, who is this chap trying to kid? Plenty top folks live in Halliwell, but sad to say it's a dump.

Looks like the punters weren't the only ones 'banging open back doors'! :-)
[quote][p][bold]George X[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]waterbottle[/bold] wrote: Look which race was in the doc for drug dealing, no foreigners in site[/p][/quote]Which "site" is that ? the building site ? web site ? or is it that you just can't spell ?[/p][/quote]Yet another one whose very basic grammar is abysmal. Rushey Fold Lane a leafy suburb? FFS, who is this chap trying to kid? Plenty top folks live in Halliwell, but sad to say it's a dump. Looks like the punters weren't the only ones 'banging open back doors'! :-) wsw69
  • Score: 24

7:15am Sat 8 Mar 14

The bluetooth. says...

SleepingThunder wrote:
Is it not time Landlords where held responsable for what goes on in there premises? No doubt another landlord who did not have a clue what was going on.
Most landlords/ladys tend to give their property to an agency to find a tenant. The agency looks over the whole process on behalf of the client . The client receives a payment at the end of the month minus the commision.
[quote][p][bold]SleepingThunder[/bold] wrote: Is it not time Landlords where held responsable for what goes on in there premises? No doubt another landlord who did not have a clue what was going on.[/p][/quote]Most landlords/ladys tend to give their property to an agency to find a tenant. The agency looks over the whole process on behalf of the client . The client receives a payment at the end of the month minus the commision. The bluetooth.
  • Score: 3

7:22am Sat 8 Mar 14

The bluetooth. says...

The bluetooth. wrote:
SleepingThunder wrote:
Is it not time Landlords where held responsable for what goes on in there premises? No doubt another landlord who did not have a clue what was going on.
Most landlords/ladys tend to give their property to an agency to find a tenant. The agency looks over the whole process on behalf of the client . The client receives a payment at the end of the month minus the commision.
Also one example ex footballer robbie fowler owns about 100 properties around merseyside/cheshire.
u dont expect him to be on first name terms with all his tenants. Just imagine him keeping tabs on all his tenants. Pheww
[quote][p][bold]The bluetooth.[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SleepingThunder[/bold] wrote: Is it not time Landlords where held responsable for what goes on in there premises? No doubt another landlord who did not have a clue what was going on.[/p][/quote]Most landlords/ladys tend to give their property to an agency to find a tenant. The agency looks over the whole process on behalf of the client . The client receives a payment at the end of the month minus the commision.[/p][/quote]Also one example ex footballer robbie fowler owns about 100 properties around merseyside/cheshire. u dont expect him to be on first name terms with all his tenants. Just imagine him keeping tabs on all his tenants. Pheww The bluetooth.
  • Score: 4

10:46am Sat 8 Mar 14

MrBenggo says...

Ye olde knocking shoppe is alive and well.
Ye olde knocking shoppe is alive and well. MrBenggo
  • Score: 2

10:54am Sat 8 Mar 14

Frotage says...

paulusderainbow wrote:
Frotage wrote:
Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?
Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.
I had guessed as much. I was trying to be humorous. What are 'house numb nuts?'
[quote][p][bold]paulusderainbow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Frotage[/bold] wrote: Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?[/p][/quote]Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.[/p][/quote]I had guessed as much. I was trying to be humorous. What are 'house numb nuts?' Frotage
  • Score: 1

11:19am Sat 8 Mar 14

CliffMorris says...

Haliwell no different than tongue moor, breightment and oldhams estate just that they have white indiginous people peddling drugs, binge drinking and claiming benefits instead of the eastern europeans
Haliwell no different than tongue moor, breightment and oldhams estate just that they have white indiginous people peddling drugs, binge drinking and claiming benefits instead of the eastern europeans CliffMorris
  • Score: -2

11:43am Sat 8 Mar 14

thomas222 says...

CliffMorris wrote:
Haliwell no different than tongue moor, breightment and oldhams estate just that they have white indiginous people peddling drugs, binge drinking and claiming benefits instead of the eastern europeans
Heroin from Afghanistan & Turkey.
Cocaine from South America.
All the above from Eastern Europe + e + many others.
Cannabis from the UK produced by all nationalities.
Which came first the seller or the drug buyer ?
[quote][p][bold]CliffMorris[/bold] wrote: Haliwell no different than tongue moor, breightment and oldhams estate just that they have white indiginous people peddling drugs, binge drinking and claiming benefits instead of the eastern europeans[/p][/quote]Heroin from Afghanistan & Turkey. Cocaine from South America. All the above from Eastern Europe + e + many others. Cannabis from the UK produced by all nationalities. Which came first the seller or the drug buyer ? thomas222
  • Score: 9

4:13pm Sat 8 Mar 14

Lancashire always says...

paulusderainbow wrote:
Frotage wrote:
Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?
Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.
That was very kind of your mother to leave them behind due to the type of men that need them to enter and probably exit if a dolly bird is inside ! Unless she was lost of course as you don't see many dolly birds in Halliwell !!
[quote][p][bold]paulusderainbow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Frotage[/bold] wrote: Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?[/p][/quote]Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.[/p][/quote]That was very kind of your mother to leave them behind due to the type of men that need them to enter and probably exit if a dolly bird is inside ! Unless she was lost of course as you don't see many dolly birds in Halliwell !! Lancashire always
  • Score: 0

9:06pm Sat 8 Mar 14

cranks says...

Sad really too think that the only thing the once proud population of halliwell ever got for voting labour every time is the situation that exists today with storys like this in the paper every week? The moral of the tale is??? If you want REAL change DONT vote......(for any political party}......
Sad really too think that the only thing the once proud population of halliwell ever got for voting labour every time is the situation that exists today with storys like this in the paper every week? The moral of the tale is??? If you want REAL change DONT vote......(for any political party}...... cranks
  • Score: 1

3:53pm Sun 9 Mar 14

adatherton says...

Lancashire always wrote:
paulusderainbow wrote:
Frotage wrote:
Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?
Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.
That was very kind of your mother to leave them behind due to the type of men that need them to enter and probably exit if a dolly bird is inside ! Unless she was lost of course as you don't see many dolly birds in Halliwell !!
Long time since I heard the phrase dolly bird. Isn't it non-PC to say that now.
[quote][p][bold]Lancashire always[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]paulusderainbow[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Frotage[/bold] wrote: Why are there grab handles to either side of the front door? Are they for the 'clients' to steady themselves as they leave?[/p][/quote]Perhaps my mother in law used to live there and being elderly used them to get in and out of the house numb nuts.[/p][/quote]That was very kind of your mother to leave them behind due to the type of men that need them to enter and probably exit if a dolly bird is inside ! Unless she was lost of course as you don't see many dolly birds in Halliwell !![/p][/quote]Long time since I heard the phrase dolly bird. Isn't it non-PC to say that now. adatherton
  • Score: -1

10:54pm Mon 10 Mar 14

eatmytruth says...

Jim271 wrote:
I wonder what nationality the persons involved are?

Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street.

The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road.

I wish I could afford to move.
I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move.
Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,
[quote][p][bold]Jim271[/bold] wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.[/p][/quote]I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing, eatmytruth
  • Score: -4

8:18am Tue 11 Mar 14

thomas222 says...

eatmytruth wrote:
Jim271 wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.
I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,
They were Hungarian.
[quote][p][bold]eatmytruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jim271[/bold] wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.[/p][/quote]I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,[/p][/quote]They were Hungarian. thomas222
  • Score: 5

8:46am Tue 11 Mar 14

eatmytruth says...

thomas222 wrote:
eatmytruth wrote:
Jim271 wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.
I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,
They were Hungarian.
Doesn't matter. It was Hungarians who got caught. However there are most defintely white brothel managers, black brothel managers, Asian brothel managers (I am Asian). My point is that nationality is irrelevant and people like you seem to enjoy starting a slander campaign against people of ethnic minorities.
And for the record, pubs pump out as many drunks as the bargain booze does. Both are unwelcome in my opinion.
[quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eatmytruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jim271[/bold] wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.[/p][/quote]I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,[/p][/quote]They were Hungarian.[/p][/quote]Doesn't matter. It was Hungarians who got caught. However there are most defintely white brothel managers, black brothel managers, Asian brothel managers (I am Asian). My point is that nationality is irrelevant and people like you seem to enjoy starting a slander campaign against people of ethnic minorities. And for the record, pubs pump out as many drunks as the bargain booze does. Both are unwelcome in my opinion. eatmytruth
  • Score: -5

9:01am Tue 11 Mar 14

thomas222 says...

eatmytruth wrote:
thomas222 wrote:
eatmytruth wrote:
Jim271 wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.
I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,
They were Hungarian.
Doesn't matter. It was Hungarians who got caught. However there are most defintely white brothel managers, black brothel managers, Asian brothel managers (I am Asian). My point is that nationality is irrelevant and people like you seem to enjoy starting a slander campaign against people of ethnic minorities. And for the record, pubs pump out as many drunks as the bargain booze does. Both are unwelcome in my opinion.
Yes i agree there are all kinds run brothels & thats why i wondered why your racist comment only mentioned it was " probably white British". Also the drug dealers you mentioned are Irish. People who drink in pubs pay for a legal service & they cause no trouble except for a few idiots that are in every nation of people & also there is very rarely any trouble in the pubs on Halliwell rd if you check your facts.
[quote][p][bold]eatmytruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]thomas222[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]eatmytruth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Jim271[/bold] wrote: I wonder what nationality the persons involved are? Halliwell has become the dumping ground of Bolton, the streets are full of gangs of kids drinking from the many off licences (there are four within 100 yards of Rushy Fold Lane) as well as drug dealing around Elgin Street. The Council want to limit the number of takeaways yet give away alcohol licences like they are going out of fashion, that's why there's only 5 pubs left on Halliwell Road. I wish I could afford to move.[/p][/quote]I reckon the nationality is probably white British. I know just what you mean about Bolton being a dumping ground. Next door to me there's a bunch of drunks who binge everyday and are a noisy nuisance at night. They sell something probably illegal. But I don't know why they trade, when their rent is paid for in part by taxes paid from my Islamic bank account. I wish they could afford to move. Probably linked to the British whites who were in the news this week regarding drug dealing,[/p][/quote]They were Hungarian.[/p][/quote]Doesn't matter. It was Hungarians who got caught. However there are most defintely white brothel managers, black brothel managers, Asian brothel managers (I am Asian). My point is that nationality is irrelevant and people like you seem to enjoy starting a slander campaign against people of ethnic minorities. And for the record, pubs pump out as many drunks as the bargain booze does. Both are unwelcome in my opinion.[/p][/quote]Yes i agree there are all kinds run brothels & thats why i wondered why your racist comment only mentioned it was " probably white British". Also the drug dealers you mentioned are Irish. People who drink in pubs pay for a legal service & they cause no trouble except for a few idiots that are in every nation of people & also there is very rarely any trouble in the pubs on Halliwell rd if you check your facts. thomas222
  • Score: 6

11:49am Wed 19 Mar 14

Billbolton says...

Going off topic smithils coaching house was left to the people of bolton. Is it true that cliff morris and brother swindled it for them selves years ago and sold it on for pure profit?
Going off topic smithils coaching house was left to the people of bolton. Is it true that cliff morris and brother swindled it for them selves years ago and sold it on for pure profit? Billbolton
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree