Girl, seven, hit in face by firework at New Year party
9:09am Wednesday 2nd January 2013 in News
A MAN and a girl were injured by fireworks in two separate incidents when New Year celebrations went wrong.
Paramedics were called to a house in Harrison Crescent, Blackrod, shortly after the stroke of midnight after a firework went off in the face of a seven-year-old girl. Her injuries were said to be minor and she was not taken to hospital. The man, who is in his 50s, was lighting firecrackers when the device went off and injured his right hand.
Firefighters were called to the house in Duxbury Avenue, Little Lever, at just after midnight.
Farnworth fire station crew commander Kevin Wright said: “The problem with New Year celebrations is that there are rarely organised fireworks displays and the temptation is for people to set off their own fireworks.
“However tempting, we would advise against it, as incidents like this can easily happen.”
Paramedics treated the man at the scene and he was taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital for further check-ups.
Comments are closed on this article.