Man led out of house by firefighters after fire at Farnworth house
12:27pm Wednesday 25th September 2013 in News
A 53-YEAR-OLD man was led out of his flat by firefighters after a kitchen blaze on Tuesday night.
Crews from Farnworth were called to the property in Albert Road at 7.30pm.
The man had taken his pet budgie outside and had gone back inside the flat to tackle the blaze with a fire blanket and was still inside as firefighters arrived.
He was checked over by paramedics but was not taken to hospital.
The fire was caused by the grill being left on and the blaze smoke logged the property and damaged the cooker.
Watch manager John Duffin said: “There were working smoke alarms in the flat which alerted the man to the fire.
“We advise people in the event of a fire to shut the door, to leave the property, stay out and call us out.”
Comments are closed on this article.