Elderly woman freed after being locked in bedroom

The Bolton News: Elderly woman freed after being locked in bedroom Elderly woman freed after being locked in bedroom

An elderly woman was freed by firefighters after becoming locked in her bedroom.

The woman was said to be panicking, and was speaking to firefighters through her window at her bungalow in Lever Edge Lane, Deane, at about 5.30pm when the bolt inside the latch of the bedroom door had become stuck.

Firefighters from Bolton Central fire station got into her house and opened the door after she rang for help.

The woman was worried that some towels she had left near her fireplace would catch fire, but fortuntely they were safe.

She was stuck in her bedroom for about 20 minutes. Firefighters have her home safety advice.

Comments (2)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:31am Wed 4 Dec 13

Count de Monet says...

Lever Edge Lane, Deane? Here's me thinking that it's in Great Lever.
Lever Edge Lane, Deane? Here's me thinking that it's in Great Lever. Count de Monet

4:19am Wed 4 Dec 13

mr.mark.c says...

Count de Monet wrote:
Lever Edge Lane, Deane? Here's me thinking that it's in Great Lever.
You are a Pathetic person if that is all you can say.
The lady was stuck in a room and worried that some towels could catch fire, I'm glad she is OK and all is well.
[quote][p][bold]Count de Monet[/bold] wrote: Lever Edge Lane, Deane? Here's me thinking that it's in Great Lever.[/p][/quote]You are a Pathetic person if that is all you can say. The lady was stuck in a room and worried that some towels could catch fire, I'm glad she is OK and all is well. mr.mark.c

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree