Kitchen fire after 'adhesive vapours' used to lay flooring spark blaze

FIREFIGHTERS were called after vapours from adhesive used to lay flooring set on fire.

Crews were called just after 6.30pm on Wednesday to a house in Athlone Avenue, Astley Bridge.

The vapours were ignited after the oven was switched on.

The fire was out as emergency services arrived.

They carried out a home fire safety check. The fire caused some damage to the kitchen floor.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

12:07pm Thu 12 Dec 13

oftbewildered2 says...

easily done - did it myself when putting formica on a kitchen worktop. Completely forgot about the pilot light on the cooker. Luckily no damage was done but it taught me a lesson. Glad no one was hurt in this case too.
easily done - did it myself when putting formica on a kitchen worktop. Completely forgot about the pilot light on the cooker. Luckily no damage was done but it taught me a lesson. Glad no one was hurt in this case too. oftbewildered2

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree