Two children injured on Bolton's ice rink
1:19pm Wednesday 18th December 2013 in News
TWO children were taken to hospital after an accident on Bolton’s ice rink.
Paramedics were called to the Winter Wonderland in Victoria Square just after 11.40am today.
A spokesman for North West Ambulance Service said a girl was taken to hospital suffering a neck injury and a boy was also taken to hospital with a head injury.
The two were part of a school party enjoying a session on the ice rink, which opened as part of the town centre’s festive attractions on November 30.
The girl was taken to the Royal Bolton Hospital and the boy was taken the Royal Manchester Children's Hospital.
The schoolchildren were coming to the end of their session when the accident happened.
The ice rink was closed until 2.15pm, a council spokesman said.
- Football fans remember Burnden Park disaster
- Probe after car set on fire in Daubhill
- UPDATE: M61 now re-opened after police incident
- Thieves cause £40,000 of damage at scrapyard
- Anxious wait for convicted murderer as he tries to clear his name
Comments are closed on this article.