A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- LIVE: Tributes after 22 dead in suicide bomb attack at Manchester Arena
- VIDEOS: Emotional scenes in Bolton as candles lit and prayers held for victims of terror attack
- Teenage boy in hospital with life-changing injuries as doctors battle to save his eye after terror attack
- UPDATES: Family's desperate plea as teenage girl missing after Manchester terrorist attack
- Homeless man tearfully describes moment he cradled dying woman after Manchester terror attack