A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- 'Only a matter of time before someone is killed' — warning after yobs vandalise bridge safety mesh
- Family's horror as rock thrown through taxi window – narrowly missing 4-year-old’s head
- 25-year-old man wanted for recall to prison
- VIDEO/ PICTURES: Grand opening for Bolton's new toy shop
- Streets of Bolton to double up as Oxford, Harrogate and Huddersfield for TV show filming