A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Newlyweds endure frightening ordeal at hands of baseball bat-wielding thugs
- PICTURES: The changing face of Big Sam
- Faith and community leaders in Bolton hold memorial for Nice terror attack victims
- Octagon to create indoor beach with running water and donkeys during Food Festival extravaganza
- School's safeguarding 'fully compliant' finds investigation sparked by student's death at home