A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Disaster averted as firefighters prevent blaze spreading to historic mansion
- PICTURES: Festive singalong a ‘magnificent’ success
- Town sparkles for Christmas lights switch-on
- Mystery of strange banging noise heard in park solved
- Number of pupils who can attend primary school to increase