A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Unhappy CRIMBO: prolific shoplifter is first in Bolton to be given CRIMBO banning him from every Co-op in the borough
- Serial shoplifter becomes first person in Bolton to get a CRIMBO
- Olympus chippy gets 1-star hygiene rating
- Plastic garden furniture used to start house fire in Halliwell
- Huge snow slide takes shape in Newport Street