A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Ear-biting man and brother jailed for robbery rampage
- Pensioner stabbed himself to death hours after wife told him marriage was over
- Lurking man who tried to open front door of Farnworth house caught on CCTV
- Bolton's 4 most wanted - November 25, 2014
- Bolton prepares for US shopping craze 'Black Friday'