Man arrested over A666 death crash
4:42pm Tuesday 7th January 2014 in News
A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Murder investigation launched after man's body found in Farnworth house
- Pictured: Children all over Bolton dress up for World Book Day
- Teenager is 10th person jailed for massive Bolton drug dealing operation
- One lane of M61 closed after two-vehicle crash
- Man accused of attempting to murder Bolton woman