Man arrested over A666 death crash
Updated 6:06pm Tuesday 7th January 2014 in News
A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Young woman found dead in Rivington Reservoir named
- Bolton Council planning meeting
- Man injured in holiday horror accident on huge water slide
- Call for Horwich to leave Bolton... and become part of Chorley
- 'A modern day miracle' - 25,000 free picnic lunches for Bolton's poorest children