A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Race hate crime committed nearly every day last year - but Bolton is 'no more racist than anywhere else', say police
- Named: The best 5 pubs in Bolton, according to CAMRA
- 'Modern buildings look terrible' - Campaigner launches petition against university's plan to build £40 million student village next to historic Le Mans Crescent
- Bolton traffic and travel update – Tuesday, March 3, 2015
- UPDATED: Driver suffers 'life changing' injuries in 'high speed' car crash