Man arrested over A666 death crash
4:42pm Tuesday 7th January 2014 in News
A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- 6-year-old boy could be scarred for life after dog attack in Daubhill pub
- Gang attacks babysitting grandad
- Pictured: the toddler who sparked a police alert when he fell asleep with the rabbits in a garden centre
- Cannabis farm found after toddler accidentally dials 999
- 'Only Phil Gartside had authority to sanction £300,000 payment'