A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- UPDATED: Robbers armed with meat cleaver raid supermarket
- Mum-of-3 guilty of stealing £18,000 hire car and harassing neighbours
- Schoolgirl dies after contracting meningitis
- UPDATE 12.19 pm PICTURES/VIDEO: Large fire at warehouse
- WARNING: Company issues urgent safety notice over two types of tumble dryer which could cause fire