A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Kidnap victim's wife issues heart wrenching plea to Islamic State militants
- Jimi Goodwin shines at Ramsbottom Festival as British Sea Power fall flat
- Riding horses is 'like therapy' for disabled youngsters
- Three clubbers rushed to hospital
- Builders save fellow workers life