A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Tributes to former Canon Slade pupil who died after collapsing on holiday
- Never in doubt : Why Bolton was always heading for Brexit vote
- PICTURES: Farnworth employer with indoor slide named one of top firms to work for in Europe
- EU Referendum: All the reaction to the UK's decision to leave the EU
- Park Cakes boosted by multi million pound funding deal