A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Man acquitted after ‘horrible’ prison ordeal
- Shock after pictures taken under skirts of schoolgirls appear on a website
- VIDEO: Friends who tricked mate into dressing as Smurf 'shocked' at 1 million Facebook views
- Men jailed after gruesome gang street fight with knife, hammer and axe
- Woman arrested on suspicion of murder after man found in burned out property died from 'multiple stab wounds'