A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Miss Universe's curves are in all the right places
- Historic mayoral chains stolen during shocking violent robbery in Radcliffe
- A campaign to help residents recyle correctly wins top award
- Help with hair loss at hand in Bolton market
- Self-confessed shopaholic Paula takes over shopping centre