A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- 'She was always there for me' - Tributes to mother found dead in Bolton
- Town centre traffic chaos on the way when one-way system is delivered ahead of £1.7 million project
- VIDEO, UPDATE: Body found at Bolton property during search for missing Victoria Cherry
- Pedestrian knocked down by vehicle
- PICTURES: Is this evidence of ghosts at Hall i'th' Wood Museum?