A MAN has been arrested in connection with a horrific crash on the A666 that left a man dead and a woman fighting for her life in hospital.
Police said a 22-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He has been released on bail until March 11.
The red Volkswagen Golf overturned and smashed into a speed camera, destroying it, before plunging into a ditch at the side of the road.
The 24-year-old male driver was pronounced dead at the scene, while his 20-year-old female passenger was critically injured and was taken to Salford Royal Hospital.
- Greater Manchester Police fails to record more than 38,000 crimes each year — including violent and sexual offences
- LIVE: Bolton full council meeting
- How did Bolton church pastor fare on tonight's Great British Bake Off?
- Water company accused of putting public health at risk in damning report
- Unauthorised work carried out on listed building