Horwich canteen destroyed by fire caused by overalls left near radiator
12:26pm Thursday 9th January 2014 in News
A CANTEEN was destroyed when a pair of overalls left next to a radiator caught fire in an industrial unit in Horwich.
Firefighters were called to the spray paint business in the Horwich Locomotives industrial estate at about 10.50pm on Tuesday.
Crews spent four hours dousing the flames but managed to prevent the fire spreading to the rest of the warehouse.
The fire is believed to have started when the flames from the scorched overalls spread to the paper used for spray painting.
No-one was injured but the canteen was destroyed.
Glyn McGann, watch manager for Horwich fire station, said: “The unit was heavily smoke-logged but we prevented the fire from spreading the other units — one of which contained five to six new industrial vehicles.
“The message is simple. Don’t leave clothes or anything flammable next to a heat source.”
Comments are closed on this article.