Pensioner accused of slashing neighbour's throat 'taken to hospital'
A PENSIONER who is accused of slashing his neighbour's throat failed to turn up to court this morning because he was apparently rushed to hospital.
He was then due to appear at Bolton Magistrates Court this afternoon but due to his disabilities the case was sent to Manchester Magistrates Court, which is more accessible.
He will appear at Manchester Magistrates Court this afternoon.
The incident is alleged to have taken place on Sunday night in the front garden of a semi-detached house in Breightmet Drive, where it is thought Dutton lives with his wife and son.
- 'More women in cabinet? They can make the tea', says Bolton's first UKIP councillor
- Cause of Clarendon Primary School fire unknown - but arson not ruled out
- Firefighters end eight days of strike action
- Watching flash mob video 'makes me choke up with pride', says organiser
- Doctor who raped 11-year-old girl fails to clear his name