Electrical fault causes house fire in Blackrod

Electrical fault causes house fire in Blackrod

Electrical fault causes house fire in Blackrod

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

AN electrical fault in a boiler caused a house fire in Blackrod.

Firefighters were called to Harrison Crescent at about 4.30pm on Wednesday after the boiler started a fire in the garage.

No-one was in the house at the time and neighbours called 999.

As well as damage in the garage, the water, gas and electricity points in the house were damaged.

Mark Anderson, watch manager at Horwich fire station, said: “Please ensure that you maintain your electrical equipment and have working smoke alarms in your property.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree