AN investigation has been launched after a man had to be rescued from a house blaze on Saturday morning.
A man, believed to be aged in his mid 30s, was rescued and taken to Royal Bolton Hospital after suffering from the effects of smoke.
His condition is not believed to be serious.
The first-floor flat was extensively damaged by the blaze.
Investigations are under way to discover how the fire started.
Watch manager Karston Boyle said: “We arrived to a well developed fire in the first floor flat and rescued one male. He was conscious but was taken to hospital with smoke inhalation.”