A TEENAGER was slashed in the leg by a gang of knife-wielding robbers as he walked through an alleyway in Westhoughton.
The 19-year-old victim was attacked by three men while he was walking through the ginnel near Allesley Close, while a fourth man is thought to have attacked him from behind.
The muggers demanded his mobile phone but he refused to hand it over.
One of the men, who is thought to have been standing behind the victim, then slashed him on his right thigh with a weapon, thought to be a knife.
The robbers ran away empty-handed, leaving the teenager with "superficial" injuries.
No arrests have been made.
The robbery happened on Sunday at 11.20pm.
Det Insp Michael Fraser, from Bolton South Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “This incident happened late at night but it was near to the A6, which is a busy road so somebody in a car might have seen the four males running along the road or people may have seen them hanging around prior to the robbery.
“This would appear to be an isolated incident. We have not had any other similar incidents reported in the location.
"It is not clear why this particular person was picked on. I am appealing for any witnesses or anyone with information about the robbery or anyone who knows the identities of the offenders to call police.”
- Dad describes savage attack that left him with life-changing head injuries
- Victim of fatal flat fire 'complained about malfunctioning gas fire' — inquest hears
- Animal porn DVD man given community sentence after being caught scratching himself in park
- Property firm pleads guilty to health and safety law breach after death of lift fall man
- Funeral of Bolton folk singer and Phoenix Nights actor Bob Williamson
The robbers were all white men, and all were wearing dark clothes. Three of them are thought to be about 5ft 10ins tall.
Anyone with information can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.