Independent company The Light lined up to run new cinema in Bolton town centre
Updated 5:51pm Wednesday 19th February 2014 in News
AN independent digital company has been unveiled as the operator that will run the much-anticipated nine-screen cinema at Bolton’s Market Place.
The Light Cinemas were today announced as the official partner alongside the shopping centre’s new owners Moorgarth, who bought the complex for £24 million in November.
It follows hard on the heels of a successful planning application for the nine-screen cinema, which will be built effectively on top of the Market Place.
The current car park will be reconfigured as a result of the £15 million development.
Moorgarth’s UK chief executive Tim Vaughan said the South African-based group was “thrilled” to get the go-ahead to begin work on the “state-of-the-art” cinema.
Phil Dove, head of UK operations for The Light Cinemas, said: “This is a great opportunity for us to create a cinema that is unique to Bolton.”
The news has also been welcomed by the leader of Bolton Council, Cllr Cliff Morris.
He added: “We are delighted that The Light Cinema Experience is to be the operator for our new town centre cinema.”
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist dies after crashing into tree in Farnworth
- Five-year-old airlifted to hospital after being hit by car in Deane
- Reservoir warning after youngsters spotted leaping off bridge
- Rescue with a difference - two sheep saved from mud by firefighters and Bolton Mountain Rescue
- Stu Francis and Happy Mondays gig postponed due to 'unforseen circumstances'
Comments are closed on this article.