Independent company The Light lined up to run new cinema in Bolton town centre
5:51pm Wednesday 19th February 2014 in News
AN independent digital company has been unveiled as the operator that will run the much-anticipated nine-screen cinema at Bolton’s Market Place.
The Light Cinemas were today announced as the official partner alongside the shopping centre’s new owners Moorgarth, who bought the complex for £24 million in November.
It follows hard on the heels of a successful planning application for the nine-screen cinema, which will be built effectively on top of the Market Place.
The current car park will be reconfigured as a result of the £15 million development.
Moorgarth’s UK chief executive Tim Vaughan said the South African-based group was “thrilled” to get the go-ahead to begin work on the “state-of-the-art” cinema.
Phil Dove, head of UK operations for The Light Cinemas, said: “This is a great opportunity for us to create a cinema that is unique to Bolton.”
The news has also been welcomed by the leader of Bolton Council, Cllr Cliff Morris.
He added: “We are delighted that The Light Cinema Experience is to be the operator for our new town centre cinema.”
- More than half new primary pupils struggle to speak English
- UPDATE: Road re-opened after teenage girl airlifted to hospital following crash
- Disabled and elderly bus passengers to be hit by cuts
- Claims Amir Khan's wife has confronted women who allege they have had an affair with the boxing star
- Car parking costs set to rise at the Royal Bolton Hospital
Comments are closed on this article.