Check your pockets - rare 50p coin could be worth £150
3:04pm Friday 21st February 2014 in News
PEOPLE in Bolton are being urged to sift through their loose change to see if they have a rare and valuable coin.
The Kew Gardens 50 pence piece is worth much more then its face value to collectors, with eBay auctions now reaching up to £150 for a single coin.
The Royal Mint is advising people to check their wallets, pockets and down the back of the sofa to see if they have one.
Only 210,000 of the coins were released, meaning that 1 in 300 of us is likely to have one.
The coin, which was produced to mark the 250th anniversary of the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, features the gardens' pagoda encircled by a climbing vine.
- UPDATE: M61 now re-opened after police incident
- Thieves cause £40,000 of damage at scrapyard
- Anxious wait for convicted murderer as he tries to clear his name
- Good riddance: Farnworth nightmare neighbours evicted
- Bolton singing hopefuls fail to make it through to the next round of The Voice