PEOPLE in Bolton are being urged to sift through their loose change to see if they have a rare and valuable coin.
The Kew Gardens 50 pence piece is worth much more then its face value to collectors, with eBay auctions now reaching up to £150 for a single coin.
The Royal Mint is advising people to check their wallets, pockets and down the back of the sofa to see if they have one.
Only 210,000 of the coins were released, meaning that 1 in 300 of us is likely to have one.
The coin, which was produced to mark the 250th anniversary of the Royal Botanic Gardens in Kew, features the gardens' pagoda encircled by a climbing vine.
- CCTV: Shocking moment when man fires sawn-off shotgun at house in Bolton
- VIDEO: Camera captures moment Land Rover ploughs into parked car
- Six hotels in Bolton celebrate being Top Rated by accommodation booking website
- Two young girls rescued after injuring themselves while crossing stream
- In the dock: 7 people who have appeared in court in Bolton