Bolton at Home tenant demands compensation after repairing his own kitchen

Brian Shepherd in his kitchen, which he says he has spent about £400 repairing

Brian Shepherd in his kitchen, which he says he has spent about £400 repairing

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

A BOLTON at Home tenant is demanding compensation for repairing his own kitchen.

Brian Shepherd says he has paid about £400 to fix his kitchen, which has been repaired or redesigned three times by the social landlord.

The 58-year-old, who lives in Chapelfield Street, Halliwell, says he has “not had enough help” with living in his home.

But Bolton at Home says it has replaced the kitchen to “maintain standards” at Mr Shepherd’s home — and that it involved him in the design process.

The social landlord also insists it has repaired a leak and carried out work to prevent further problems.

But Mr Shepherd said: “I feel like I’m going round and round in a circle with Bolton at Home.

“You end up talking to the same people and reporting the same problems. I don’t feel like I’m getting enough help with living here. I’ve had to put new tiles in my kitchen and the damage caused by these leakages has been very serious.

“I’ve given Bolton at Home a figure that I would like to receive. If they award me this compensation, I’ll forget it.”

Bolton at Home said work had been going on at the flat since 2008, when the kitchen was replaced to bring it up to “lettable standard”.

The landlord then replaced units following a leak in 2012 and redesigned the kitchen, with Mr Shepherd’s help, in 2013.

A spokesman said: “We redesigned the kitchen and carried out a partial rewire to provide extra sockets.

“We did this to meet current Decent Home standards, providing a worktop to each side of the cooker and more cupboard space than previously.

“We visited Mr Shepherd when he reported damp in his kitchen. We found the plaster to be wet due to a faulty pipe going through the cavity wall from the boiler in the flat above.

“We repaired the leak on the spot. We’ve received requests for compensation, which our insurers haven’t accepted as we’ve not been negligent nor breached our statutory duty.”

Comments (49)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:49am Tue 15 Jul 14

trhippy says...

Too right! This poor fella used to be my neighbour - This article doesn't mention that he was waiting for them to sort the leak out for MONTHS and MONTHS to the point where he couldn't use his kitchen. This ordeal actually started THREE years ago when I used to live there!

By the way, if you're reading, hi Brian! Hope all is well and they pay out for all your trouble mate.
Too right! This poor fella used to be my neighbour - This article doesn't mention that he was waiting for them to sort the leak out for MONTHS and MONTHS to the point where he couldn't use his kitchen. This ordeal actually started THREE years ago when I used to live there! By the way, if you're reading, hi Brian! Hope all is well and they pay out for all your trouble mate. trhippy
  • Score: 21

1:15pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Best an says...

My daughters house is a disgrace it's damp they put vents in they don't work you tell them , then you tell them again nothing. She has a pipe from a gas fire that's been removed 2 too, which didn't work for ages and she had to wait for months for them to remove it . The pipes still there.
Bolton at home are a disgrace they park for two jours before they come in they have brand new vans so are obviously making lots of money from their poor tenants.i think it's time they pulled their arrogant fingers out and treated their tenants properly, they pay enough rent!!!!
My daughters house is a disgrace it's damp they put vents in they don't work you tell them , then you tell them again nothing. She has a pipe from a gas fire that's been removed 2 too, which didn't work for ages and she had to wait for months for them to remove it . The pipes still there. Bolton at home are a disgrace they park for two jours before they come in they have brand new vans so are obviously making lots of money from their poor tenants.i think it's time they pulled their arrogant fingers out and treated their tenants properly, they pay enough rent!!!! Best an
  • Score: 8

1:57pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

Bolton at Home workers will be far too busy doing their jobs on the side to carry out their proper work.
Bolton at Home workers will be far too busy doing their jobs on the side to carry out their proper work. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 17

4:02pm Tue 15 Jul 14

mrs philainsy says...

@ Mr Shepherd.
WELL DONE SIR!!!! - For going public with your story.
Anyone who has tried to get a serious repair done by Bolton at Home, goes, as you say round and round in a circle.
Repairmen, Inspectors, Complaints Dept, etc etc all get "involved" and all do sweet fanny adams about it.
I would gladly sign a petition saying Mr Shepherd should get his Compensation.

Everyone of my neighbours has a story about B.A.H. Repair workers.

When they actually do turn up they botch jobs, leave early and make a general upheavel of what should be a striaghtforward repair.

Bolton at Home should be investigated right from the top - to the repairmen themselves.

DISGRACEFUL STORY.
@ Mr Shepherd. WELL DONE SIR!!!! - For going public with your story. Anyone who has tried to get a serious repair done by Bolton at Home, goes, as you say round and round in a circle. Repairmen, Inspectors, Complaints Dept, etc etc all get "involved" and all do sweet fanny adams about it. I would gladly sign a petition saying Mr Shepherd should get his Compensation. Everyone of my neighbours has a story about B.A.H. Repair workers. When they actually do turn up they botch jobs, leave early and make a general upheavel of what should be a striaghtforward repair. Bolton at Home should be investigated right from the top - to the repairmen themselves. DISGRACEFUL STORY. mrs philainsy
  • Score: -20

5:35pm Tue 15 Jul 14

127001 says...

someone needs to have a word with the Bolton at Home van 'drivers' who travel around like it's the local Grand Prix.
someone needs to have a word with the Bolton at Home van 'drivers' who travel around like it's the local Grand Prix. 127001
  • Score: 14

7:25pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Arnold Corns says...

The sooner this lot are privatised the better. These kitchen fitters are a disgrace. They drag their feet all week then get overtime for finishing the work they should have done in the week!
The sooner this lot are privatised the better. These kitchen fitters are a disgrace. They drag their feet all week then get overtime for finishing the work they should have done in the week! Arnold Corns
  • Score: 5

7:41pm Tue 15 Jul 14

watch it says...

there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs"
as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs" as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story. watch it
  • Score: -28

8:26pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Arnold Corns says...

I see Watch It doesn't deny getting overtime for work that should be completed during the week!
We are treated as second rate because we live in Council properties
I see Watch It doesn't deny getting overtime for work that should be completed during the week! We are treated as second rate because we live in Council properties Arnold Corns
  • Score: 0

8:41pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Arnold Corns says...

I see watch it hasn't denied that they get overtime for doing work that should be completed during normal working hours!
As for satisfied customers, read comments above
Just because we live in council houses doesn't make us second class citizens
I see watch it hasn't denied that they get overtime for doing work that should be completed during normal working hours! As for satisfied customers, read comments above Just because we live in council houses doesn't make us second class citizens Arnold Corns
  • Score: -5

8:42pm Tue 15 Jul 14

watch it says...

Arnold Corns wrote:
I see Watch It doesn't deny getting overtime for work that should be completed during the week!
We are treated as second rate because we live in Council properties
just to please you,i will state that i do not get overtime for work that should be completed during the week and as far as being classed as second rate because you live in council properties,do you really think that all B@H employees live in private homes ???
[quote][p][bold]Arnold Corns[/bold] wrote: I see Watch It doesn't deny getting overtime for work that should be completed during the week! We are treated as second rate because we live in Council properties[/p][/quote]just to please you,i will state that i do not get overtime for work that should be completed during the week and as far as being classed as second rate because you live in council properties,do you really think that all B@H employees live in private homes ??? watch it
  • Score: 10

9:02pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Arnold Corns says...

Where did I state all BAH employees live in private properties?
And I'm sure not all fitters work overtime, but a lot do
I attended a tenants association meeting where it was revealed a lot of the work is being handed over to contractors because the council fitters are not fast enough to carry out the quantity or quality required.
Where did I state all BAH employees live in private properties? And I'm sure not all fitters work overtime, but a lot do I attended a tenants association meeting where it was revealed a lot of the work is being handed over to contractors because the council fitters are not fast enough to carry out the quantity or quality required. Arnold Corns
  • Score: -4

9:11pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Don Cowan says...

127001 wrote:
someone needs to have a word with the Bolton at Home van 'drivers' who travel around like it's the local Grand Prix.
Totally agree, they treat Pilkington Rd, Kearsley as a racetrack to see how fast they can get over the "traffic calming " measures
[quote][p][bold]127001[/bold] wrote: someone needs to have a word with the Bolton at Home van 'drivers' who travel around like it's the local Grand Prix.[/p][/quote]Totally agree, they treat Pilkington Rd, Kearsley as a racetrack to see how fast they can get over the "traffic calming " measures Don Cowan
  • Score: 4

9:19pm Tue 15 Jul 14

watch it says...

i wonder if it was also stated at your tenants association meeting that B@H are not working on a level playing field with the contractors as they are given kitchens with smaller amount of units etc. and very seldom given any structural modifications as we are.as the old proverb says "don't believe all you read in the papers"
in relation to you stating that B@H employees living in private homes,i was pointing out that wouldn't the employees feel like second class citizens also ??
i wonder if it was also stated at your tenants association meeting that B@H are not working on a level playing field with the contractors as they are given kitchens with smaller amount of units etc. and very seldom given any structural modifications as we are.as the old proverb says "don't believe all you read in the papers" in relation to you stating that B@H employees living in private homes,i was pointing out that wouldn't the employees feel like second class citizens also ?? watch it
  • Score: 8

9:21pm Tue 15 Jul 14

127001 says...

watch it wrote:
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs"
as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.
I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority!
[quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs" as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.[/p][/quote]I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority! 127001
  • Score: 5

9:49pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Arnold Corns says...

watch it wrote:
i wonder if it was also stated at your tenants association meeting that B@H are not working on a level playing field with the contractors as they are given kitchens with smaller amount of units etc. and very seldom given any structural modifications as we are.as the old proverb says "don't believe all you read in the papers"
in relation to you stating that B@H employees living in private homes,i was pointing out that wouldn't the employees feel like second class citizens also ??
Hmm I don't think the contractors " cherry pick" the better or easier kitchens, do you?
That is a bit of a lucky dip as conditions of kitchens and bathrooms are pretty much similar across the borough so find that argument a bit weak
And I'm sure once you know a fellow council employee lives in the house you are working on, your attitude would be different than with a stranger .
[quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: i wonder if it was also stated at your tenants association meeting that B@H are not working on a level playing field with the contractors as they are given kitchens with smaller amount of units etc. and very seldom given any structural modifications as we are.as the old proverb says "don't believe all you read in the papers" in relation to you stating that B@H employees living in private homes,i was pointing out that wouldn't the employees feel like second class citizens also ??[/p][/quote]Hmm I don't think the contractors " cherry pick" the better or easier kitchens, do you? That is a bit of a lucky dip as conditions of kitchens and bathrooms are pretty much similar across the borough so find that argument a bit weak And I'm sure once you know a fellow council employee lives in the house you are working on, your attitude would be different than with a stranger . Arnold Corns
  • Score: -2

9:51pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Local jack says...

127001 wrote:
watch it wrote:
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs"
as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.
I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority!
If the waster scrounger doesn't like it why doesn't he move. Oh! Perhaps because it would affect his benefits. Who is paying for his flat. Not him if it's bolton at home. He could spend his money on a lovely penthouse somewhere.
[quote][p][bold]127001[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs" as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.[/p][/quote]I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority![/p][/quote]If the waster scrounger doesn't like it why doesn't he move. Oh! Perhaps because it would affect his benefits. Who is paying for his flat. Not him if it's bolton at home. He could spend his money on a lovely penthouse somewhere. Local jack
  • Score: 65

10:24pm Tue 15 Jul 14

Yougotredonyou says...

Local jack wrote:
127001 wrote:
watch it wrote:
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs"
as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.
I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority!
If the waster scrounger doesn't like it why doesn't he move. Oh! Perhaps because it would affect his benefits. Who is paying for his flat. Not him if it's bolton at home. He could spend his money on a lovely penthouse somewhere.
I live in a bolton at home rented house, both me and my hubby work full time, so your argument is flawed
[quote][p][bold]Local jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]127001[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs" as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.[/p][/quote]I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority![/p][/quote]If the waster scrounger doesn't like it why doesn't he move. Oh! Perhaps because it would affect his benefits. Who is paying for his flat. Not him if it's bolton at home. He could spend his money on a lovely penthouse somewhere.[/p][/quote]I live in a bolton at home rented house, both me and my hubby work full time, so your argument is flawed Yougotredonyou
  • Score: 4

10:30pm Tue 15 Jul 14

watch it says...

Yougotredonyou wrote:
Local jack wrote:
127001 wrote:
watch it wrote:
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs"
as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.
I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority!
If the waster scrounger doesn't like it why doesn't he move. Oh! Perhaps because it would affect his benefits. Who is paying for his flat. Not him if it's bolton at home. He could spend his money on a lovely penthouse somewhere.
I live in a bolton at home rented house, both me and my hubby work full time, so your argument is flawed
if you don't like the service you get,then move out and buy your own home where you will have to pay for any repairs/modification
s yourself
[quote][p][bold]Yougotredonyou[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Local jack[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]127001[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs" as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.[/p][/quote]I'm sure there are employees within Bolton at Home who do take pride in their work but it appears to be a lost art with the majority![/p][/quote]If the waster scrounger doesn't like it why doesn't he move. Oh! Perhaps because it would affect his benefits. Who is paying for his flat. Not him if it's bolton at home. He could spend his money on a lovely penthouse somewhere.[/p][/quote]I live in a bolton at home rented house, both me and my hubby work full time, so your argument is flawed[/p][/quote]if you don't like the service you get,then move out and buy your own home where you will have to pay for any repairs/modification s yourself watch it
  • Score: -25

12:00am Wed 16 Jul 14

barry g says...

watch it wrote:
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgracefulI live in Gt Lever. I had nothing but praise for the council fitters, they had to go round behind the company that had part contract due to their botch jobs.
[quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgracefulI live in Gt Lever. I had nothing but praise for the council fitters, they had to go round behind the company that had part contract due to their botch jobs. barry g
  • Score: 3

12:02am Wed 16 Jul 14

barry g says...

watch it wrote:
there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about.
i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs"
as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.
I live in Gt Lever. I had nothing but praise for the council fitters, they had to go round behind the company that had part contract due to their botch jobs.
[quote][p][bold]watch it[/bold] wrote: there are a lot of keyboard warriors on here tonight jumping on the bandwagon of something they know nothing about. i am one of these "disgraceful" fitters and i can assure anyone on here that i neither "drag my feet" or "botch jobs" as far as being privatised,i would urge any of the warriors to do their homework and will find that B@H customer satisfaction results are higher than any of our competititors.not that this will make any difference to the plainly blinkered people who have commented on this story.[/p][/quote]I live in Gt Lever. I had nothing but praise for the council fitters, they had to go round behind the company that had part contract due to their botch jobs. barry g
  • Score: 9

1:45am Wed 16 Jul 14

pradagucci says...

B@H complain they have no money, but the new black fleet vans have gone down well!!
B@H complain they have no money, but the new black fleet vans have gone down well!! pradagucci
  • Score: 0

6:58am Wed 16 Jul 14

Mr Happynotsad says...

I think you will find that the new vans are more economical than the old ones which needed replacing and cheaper to lease and in regards to all these people whining on here about the poor service Bolton At Home provides them they should be grateful they are getting all these new upgrades as no one comes knocking on my door saying do you want a new kitchen do you want a new bathroom do you want a new central heating system for free? No I have to pay for it just like everyone else who gets up in a morning and earns there way through life instead of sat watching Jeremy Kyle,drinking, smoking expecting everyone else to pay for them and there kids oh and Bolton at home is a private company and not part of the council anymore so get your facts right you ungrateful wastes of life!
I think you will find that the new vans are more economical than the old ones which needed replacing and cheaper to lease and in regards to all these people whining on here about the poor service Bolton At Home provides them they should be grateful they are getting all these new upgrades as no one comes knocking on my door saying do you want a new kitchen do you want a new bathroom do you want a new central heating system for free? No I have to pay for it just like everyone else who gets up in a morning and earns there way through life instead of sat watching Jeremy Kyle,drinking, smoking expecting everyone else to pay for them and there kids oh and Bolton at home is a private company and not part of the council anymore so get your facts right you ungrateful wastes of life! Mr Happynotsad
  • Score: -51

7:13am Wed 16 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

Mr Happynotsad wrote:
I think you will find that the new vans are more economical than the old ones which needed replacing and cheaper to lease and in regards to all these people whining on here about the poor service Bolton At Home provides them they should be grateful they are getting all these new upgrades as no one comes knocking on my door saying do you want a new kitchen do you want a new bathroom do you want a new central heating system for free? No I have to pay for it just like everyone else who gets up in a morning and earns there way through life instead of sat watching Jeremy Kyle,drinking, smoking expecting everyone else to pay for them and there kids oh and Bolton at home is a private company and not part of the council anymore so get your facts right you ungrateful wastes of life!
Mr Happynotsad? Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder more like.
[quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: I think you will find that the new vans are more economical than the old ones which needed replacing and cheaper to lease and in regards to all these people whining on here about the poor service Bolton At Home provides them they should be grateful they are getting all these new upgrades as no one comes knocking on my door saying do you want a new kitchen do you want a new bathroom do you want a new central heating system for free? No I have to pay for it just like everyone else who gets up in a morning and earns there way through life instead of sat watching Jeremy Kyle,drinking, smoking expecting everyone else to pay for them and there kids oh and Bolton at home is a private company and not part of the council anymore so get your facts right you ungrateful wastes of life![/p][/quote]Mr Happynotsad? Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder more like. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: -8

7:22am Wed 16 Jul 14

Mr Happynotsad says...

No not a chip on my shoulder I'm stating the facts that these tennants expectations are too high and some are never happy even though your trying to help and improve there lives yet throw it back in people's faces. They should get nothing.
No not a chip on my shoulder I'm stating the facts that these tennants expectations are too high and some are never happy even though your trying to help and improve there lives yet throw it back in people's faces. They should get nothing. Mr Happynotsad
  • Score: -53

9:02am Wed 16 Jul 14

atlas123 says...

********quote******
The 58-year-old, who lives in Chapelfield Street, Halliwell, says he has “not had enough help” with living in his home.
*******end quote*****

What help was he expecting exactly, door knob polishing weekly, someone to come and show him how to use his fridge? Help in getting to the post office to pay his bills?

I live in my house which I have paid for with my money - no subsidies.

I get no help whatsoever, if i get a leak then I fix it, if i need a new kitchen, i buy it.

If something goes wrong that i need to claim on my insurance for then they pay for the remedy and do not give me a bung as compensation.

I agree that that issues Mr Shepherd raised needed addressing, and BAH are far from brilliant.... - Ask yourself why would a decent tradesman, be it a plumber, deccy, joiner, spark or plasterer work for them when s/he could earn more doing more interesting stuff, with better quality materials and choosing not to work in some of the cess pits that are BAH houses.

BAH staff and management also need to look at the value of the parts they fit rather than the price. A few months ago I was at a relatives BAH house when BAH came around to repair an internal door that refused to open. The mortice latch had bust and the operating shaft would not engage with the mech (common fault). The Joiner, sorry wood butcher, unscrewed the handle, with a power driver (would have taken 2 seconds with a screwdriver) scratched his head then used a lump hammer and brick bolster between the door and jarm to pry at the door until it was forced up. All he needed to to was to put a large screwdriver into the operating hole, turn and wiggle.

Once open, he then replaced the mortice latch with a 99p piece of crap and reassembled power tools to spin the screws in the holes thus leaving them loose. The damage tot he edge of the door was attempted to be repaired by sticking the splintered edge of the door back down with "no more nails alike" (again wrong product, this is a gap filling adhesive - he should have used a resin based wood adh) The damage to the jarm was left as it was and my aunt told, "it just needs sanding and filling the next time you paint love love!!! You could feel the poor quality of the latch on trying the door.

Needless to say 6 months later the latch failed again, locking dear old auntie in the room, I had her out in 5mins, using 2 screw drivers, the latch was replaced with one for a fiver and three years later is still in tip top condition.

The 99p latch was not the cost of this job, it was the time of the butcher, van etc. The fiver cost of the decent latch would pay for itself time and time again, but that's too much of a good idea,

Another example, Auntie lives in a block of flats with a communal area with 4 communal lights. Two of the bulbs failed so aunt phones up BAH who said they will come and repair them as an emergency! 3 days later the sparkies are changing the bulbs, Aunt asks, would you like a brew, and are you doing the other two because they was all installed at the same time and cant have long to live.... Sparkies say yes to the Brew No to replacing the other bulbs finish and leave. At night Auntie noticed that they haven bothered to check the bulbs in the other 11 blocks of flats some of which were out. 3 weeks later, Auntie phones again to report another lamp out, again only the out bulb is replaced.... a week later the last old bulb goes....

So that's 3 visits to replace 4 bulbs costing about £3 each - tell me where the cost effectiveness of that is?
********quote****** The 58-year-old, who lives in Chapelfield Street, Halliwell, says he has “not had enough help” with living in his home. *******end quote***** What help was he expecting exactly, door knob polishing weekly, someone to come and show him how to use his fridge? Help in getting to the post office to pay his bills? I live in my house which I have paid for with my money - no subsidies. I get no help whatsoever, if i get a leak then I fix it, if i need a new kitchen, i buy it. If something goes wrong that i need to claim on my insurance for then they pay for the remedy and do not give me a bung as compensation. I agree that that issues Mr Shepherd raised needed addressing, and BAH are far from brilliant.... - Ask yourself why would a decent tradesman, be it a plumber, deccy, joiner, spark or plasterer work for them when s/he could earn more doing more interesting stuff, with better quality materials and choosing not to work in some of the cess pits that are BAH houses. BAH staff and management also need to look at the value of the parts they fit rather than the price. A few months ago I was at a relatives BAH house when BAH came around to repair an internal door that refused to open. The mortice latch had bust and the operating shaft would not engage with the mech (common fault). The Joiner, sorry wood butcher, unscrewed the handle, with a power driver (would have taken 2 seconds with a screwdriver) scratched his head then used a lump hammer and brick bolster between the door and jarm to pry at the door until it was forced up. All he needed to to was to put a large screwdriver into the operating hole, turn and wiggle. Once open, he then replaced the mortice latch with a 99p piece of crap and reassembled power tools to spin the screws in the holes thus leaving them loose. The damage tot he edge of the door was attempted to be repaired by sticking the splintered edge of the door back down with "no more nails alike" (again wrong product, this is a gap filling adhesive - he should have used a resin based wood adh) The damage to the jarm was left as it was and my aunt told, "it just needs sanding and filling the next time you paint love love!!! You could feel the poor quality of the latch on trying the door. Needless to say 6 months later the latch failed again, locking dear old auntie in the room, I had her out in 5mins, using 2 screw drivers, the latch was replaced with one for a fiver and three years later is still in tip top condition. The 99p latch was not the cost of this job, it was the time of the butcher, van etc. The fiver cost of the decent latch would pay for itself time and time again, but that's too much of a good idea, Another example, Auntie lives in a block of flats with a communal area with 4 communal lights. Two of the bulbs failed so aunt phones up BAH who said they will come and repair them as an emergency! 3 days later the sparkies are changing the bulbs, Aunt asks, would you like a brew, and are you doing the other two because they was all installed at the same time and cant have long to live.... Sparkies say yes to the Brew No to replacing the other bulbs finish and leave. At night Auntie noticed that they haven bothered to check the bulbs in the other 11 blocks of flats some of which were out. 3 weeks later, Auntie phones again to report another lamp out, again only the out bulb is replaced.... a week later the last old bulb goes.... So that's 3 visits to replace 4 bulbs costing about £3 each - tell me where the cost effectiveness of that is? atlas123
  • Score: 8

9:04am Wed 16 Jul 14

boltonbred says...

Why dont you speak to jon lord he will explain that the new vans are a cost saving because dont cost as much to hire than the old vans from bolton council and are also more fuel efficient can I also just point out bolton at home are a private firm .housing association and no longer council just wish our tenants and the public would realise that
Why dont you speak to jon lord he will explain that the new vans are a cost saving because dont cost as much to hire than the old vans from bolton council and are also more fuel efficient can I also just point out bolton at home are a private firm .housing association and no longer council just wish our tenants and the public would realise that boltonbred
  • Score: 6

2:28pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

Mr Happynotsad wrote:
No not a chip on my shoulder I'm stating the facts that these tennants expectations are too high and some are never happy even though your trying to help and improve there lives yet throw it back in people's faces. They should get nothing.
It's tenants not tennants, you're not your, and their not there. Perhaps you should go to adult education classes and improve your life?
[quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: No not a chip on my shoulder I'm stating the facts that these tennants expectations are too high and some are never happy even though your trying to help and improve there lives yet throw it back in people's faces. They should get nothing.[/p][/quote]It's tenants not tennants, you're not your, and their not there. Perhaps you should go to adult education classes and improve your life? Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 2

7:41pm Wed 16 Jul 14

Mr Happynotsad says...

Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you. Mr Happynotsad
  • Score: -27

9:59pm Wed 16 Jul 14

cougar44 says...

Bolton (cowboys stay) at home
Bolton (cowboys stay) at home cougar44
  • Score: 1

7:33am Thu 17 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
[quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 2

10:02pm Thu 17 Jul 14

dennis11* says...

I am sick of reading posts which bring down services which provide the residents of Bolton with an extremely high level of social housing. Not only are you provided with a suitable home for yourselves and your 'family', you are also entitled to the pot of money which helps people in social housing. Try living in a home you are struggling to pay a mortgage, council tax, water rates on whilst living on SSP. Following a household accident this has been my state of affairs. Because I have my own home I cannot claim anything. So stop complaining you lazy people. Get out to work - which thanks to the NHS I am now able to do,
I am sick of reading posts which bring down services which provide the residents of Bolton with an extremely high level of social housing. Not only are you provided with a suitable home for yourselves and your 'family', you are also entitled to the pot of money which helps people in social housing. Try living in a home you are struggling to pay a mortgage, council tax, water rates on whilst living on SSP. Following a household accident this has been my state of affairs. Because I have my own home I cannot claim anything. So stop complaining you lazy people. Get out to work - which thanks to the NHS I am now able to do, dennis11*
  • Score: 10

7:47am Fri 18 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

dennis11* wrote:
I am sick of reading posts which bring down services which provide the residents of Bolton with an extremely high level of social housing. Not only are you provided with a suitable home for yourselves and your 'family', you are also entitled to the pot of money which helps people in social housing. Try living in a home you are struggling to pay a mortgage, council tax, water rates on whilst living on SSP. Following a household accident this has been my state of affairs. Because I have my own home I cannot claim anything. So stop complaining you lazy people. Get out to work - which thanks to the NHS I am now able to do,
You should have taken out income-protection insurance then you wouldn't be struggling to pay your mortgage, council tax, water rates whilst living on SSP.
[quote][p][bold]dennis11*[/bold] wrote: I am sick of reading posts which bring down services which provide the residents of Bolton with an extremely high level of social housing. Not only are you provided with a suitable home for yourselves and your 'family', you are also entitled to the pot of money which helps people in social housing. Try living in a home you are struggling to pay a mortgage, council tax, water rates on whilst living on SSP. Following a household accident this has been my state of affairs. Because I have my own home I cannot claim anything. So stop complaining you lazy people. Get out to work - which thanks to the NHS I am now able to do,[/p][/quote]You should have taken out income-protection insurance then you wouldn't be struggling to pay your mortgage, council tax, water rates whilst living on SSP. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 0

8:50am Fri 18 Jul 14

trhippy says...

Some people in the comments need to get their heads out their own arses!

Cameron has convinced you that you are justified and right and better than other people with phrases like 'hard-working families' and 'doing the right thing' repeated over and over and over again until you think your struggling puts you in those categories.

The point is as I think someone said - landlords and housing associations have a duty to maintain your property. If you have a private-rented property and you dealt with what Brian dealt with, then YOUR landlord should also be penalised - petition the council to enforce fair rent laws on your property I'm sorry!

But don't have a go at council tenants!

If you own your own home and are struggling well again, tough! Why isn't your government there to help you as well?

Ask your government why they're not helping you. Stop forgetting we all pay them to look after our country and improve it - that's an honour and privilege that we pay them too much for as well!

But don't divide and insult each other. If you're busy hating, the politicians don't have to do any work!
Some people in the comments need to get their heads out their own arses! Cameron has convinced you that you are justified and right and better than other people with phrases like 'hard-working families' and 'doing the right thing' repeated over and over and over again until you think your struggling puts you in those categories. The point is as I think someone said - landlords and housing associations have a duty to maintain your property. If you have a private-rented property and you dealt with what Brian dealt with, then YOUR landlord should also be penalised - petition the council to enforce fair rent laws on your property I'm sorry! But don't have a go at council tenants! If you own your own home and are struggling well again, tough! Why isn't your government there to help you as well? Ask your government why they're not helping you. Stop forgetting we all pay them to look after our country and improve it - that's an honour and privilege that we pay them too much for as well! But don't divide and insult each other. If you're busy hating, the politicians don't have to do any work! trhippy
  • Score: 2

12:58pm Sun 20 Jul 14

hoppyhol says...

Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
[quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage.......... hoppyhol
  • Score: -1

1:46pm Sun 20 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.
[quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage..........[/p][/quote]You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 0

11:51pm Sun 20 Jul 14

trhippy says...

Lay down your weapons, shake hands, then turn to face your government and pick them back up again. STOP BICKERING
Lay down your weapons, shake hands, then turn to face your government and pick them back up again. STOP BICKERING trhippy
  • Score: 0

7:14am Mon 21 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

trhippy wrote:
Lay down your weapons, shake hands, then turn to face your government and pick them back up again. STOP BICKERING
trhippy, jog on.
[quote][p][bold]trhippy[/bold] wrote: Lay down your weapons, shake hands, then turn to face your government and pick them back up again. STOP BICKERING[/p][/quote]trhippy, jog on. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 0

12:05pm Mon 21 Jul 14

hoppyhol says...

Chatterbox 1 wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.
Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.
[quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage..........[/p][/quote]You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.[/p][/quote]Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house. hoppyhol
  • Score: 2

12:12pm Mon 21 Jul 14

hoppyhol says...

hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.
Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.
I've just realised that the original comment where you correct the spelling mistakes then go on to make one yourself has been removed.

Some people take things very seriously :-)
[quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage..........[/p][/quote]You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.[/p][/quote]Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.[/p][/quote]I've just realised that the original comment where you correct the spelling mistakes then go on to make one yourself has been removed. Some people take things very seriously :-) hoppyhol
  • Score: -1

12:15pm Mon 21 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.
Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.
You won't be seeing me there, darling, far too busy earning a living, and as for polishing my glass house, no, not likely, I have a nice lady who cleans my conservatory for me! And I still say Bolton at Home tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
[quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage..........[/p][/quote]You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.[/p][/quote]Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.[/p][/quote]You won't be seeing me there, darling, far too busy earning a living, and as for polishing my glass house, no, not likely, I have a nice lady who cleans my conservatory for me! And I still say Bolton at Home tenants are right to expect a high standard of work. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 0

12:19pm Mon 21 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

hoppyhol wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.
Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.
I've just realised that the original comment where you correct the spelling mistakes then go on to make one yourself has been removed.

Some people take things very seriously :-)
I didn't alter it, so I don't know who did.
[quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage..........[/p][/quote]You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.[/p][/quote]Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.[/p][/quote]I've just realised that the original comment where you correct the spelling mistakes then go on to make one yourself has been removed. Some people take things very seriously :-)[/p][/quote]I didn't alter it, so I don't know who did. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 1

4:02pm Mon 21 Jul 14

hoppyhol says...

Chatterbox 1 wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
hoppyhol wrote:
Chatterbox 1 wrote:
Mr Happynotsad wrote:
Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.
Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
It's remortgage not remortage..........
You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.
Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.
You won't be seeing me there, darling, far too busy earning a living, and as for polishing my glass house, no, not likely, I have a nice lady who cleans my conservatory for me! And I still say Bolton at Home tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.
Oh well, guess I'm lucky to have a management team and staff in place earning my living for me. No shame in attending classes to improve oneself.

I agree they should expect a decent standard of repair, I have never disagreed. I was just making a tongue in cheek comment relating to pointing out spelling errors and then making one.

Personally I have met many successful people (with very large conservatories) that have difficulty spelling. Doesn't mean they don't have valid points :-)

Have a good day sir/madam.
[quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]hoppyhol[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chatterbox 1[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Mr Happynotsad[/bold] wrote: Chatterbox you obviously have nothing better to come back with as I've put you straight on the facts. My life is fine as everything I Own is mine and earnt it. Not like you whom obviously must be a scrounges who is a drain on society and I hope people like you get further cuts on your benefits and get off you lazy backside and take responsibility for yourself instead of having this mentality of everyone else paying for you.[/p][/quote]Now that's were you are wrong, Mr Big Chip On Your Shoulder, I have my own business, and own my home, no mortgage, it's paid for. And I've earned every penny I have, thanks to my parents who both worked and made sure I had a good education, and didn't have the mentality of sitting on my backside waiting for others to pay for it. I was fortunate, not everyone is. Maybe you've struggled all your life paying for your little 2 up 2 down, your overdraft is out of control, maybe you've had to remortage, who knows? The point is, landlords, social and private, have a responsibility to maintain their properties. Tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]It's remortgage not remortage..........[/p][/quote]You've started your adult literacy classes. Well done.[/p][/quote]Hopefully see you there, that's if you're not too busy polishing your glass house.[/p][/quote]You won't be seeing me there, darling, far too busy earning a living, and as for polishing my glass house, no, not likely, I have a nice lady who cleans my conservatory for me! And I still say Bolton at Home tenants are right to expect a high standard of work.[/p][/quote]Oh well, guess I'm lucky to have a management team and staff in place earning my living for me. No shame in attending classes to improve oneself. I agree they should expect a decent standard of repair, I have never disagreed. I was just making a tongue in cheek comment relating to pointing out spelling errors and then making one. Personally I have met many successful people (with very large conservatories) that have difficulty spelling. Doesn't mean they don't have valid points :-) Have a good day sir/madam. hoppyhol
  • Score: 1

4:50pm Mon 21 Jul 14

trhippy says...

You two are a good argument for censorship.
You two are a good argument for censorship. trhippy
  • Score: 0

5:01pm Mon 21 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

I never said it was shameful to attend adult classes, there's nothing wrong in improving one's knowledge and skills. If you have a management team and staff earning your living, then you must work for Bolton at Home. Thank you, I hope you have a good day, too. :-))
I never said it was shameful to attend adult classes, there's nothing wrong in improving one's knowledge and skills. If you have a management team and staff earning your living, then you must work for Bolton at Home. Thank you, I hope you have a good day, too. :-)) Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 1

5:10pm Mon 21 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

trhippy wrote:
You two are a good argument for censorship.
I've already said, jog on.
[quote][p][bold]trhippy[/bold] wrote: You two are a good argument for censorship.[/p][/quote]I've already said, jog on. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: 0

7:36pm Mon 21 Jul 14

trhippy says...

Make me. Would be better anyway for you two to get each other's details and carry on your petty, irrelevant-to-this story argument about spelling in private. Maybe you enjoy the thrills of people watching, but others just find it boring. ** back to the real world ** Bolton at Home suck
Make me. Would be better anyway for you two to get each other's details and carry on your petty, irrelevant-to-this story argument about spelling in private. Maybe you enjoy the thrills of people watching, but others just find it boring. ** back to the real world ** Bolton at Home suck trhippy
  • Score: 2

8:29pm Mon 21 Jul 14

hoppyhol says...

trhippy wrote:
Make me. Would be better anyway for you two to get each other's details and carry on your petty, irrelevant-to-this story argument about spelling in private. Maybe you enjoy the thrills of people watching, but others just find it boring. ** back to the real world ** Bolton at Home suck
Give us a cuddle grumpy bum.
[quote][p][bold]trhippy[/bold] wrote: Make me. Would be better anyway for you two to get each other's details and carry on your petty, irrelevant-to-this story argument about spelling in private. Maybe you enjoy the thrills of people watching, but others just find it boring. ** back to the real world ** Bolton at Home suck[/p][/quote]Give us a cuddle grumpy bum. hoppyhol
  • Score: 2

8:41pm Mon 21 Jul 14

trhippy says...

Arrr go on then! You're not so offensive like Chatterbox anyways.
Arrr go on then! You're not so offensive like Chatterbox anyways. trhippy
  • Score: 1

7:30am Tue 22 Jul 14

Chatterbox 1 says...

trhippy wrote:
Arrr go on then! You're not so offensive like Chatterbox anyways.
Get a room you two.
[quote][p][bold]trhippy[/bold] wrote: Arrr go on then! You're not so offensive like Chatterbox anyways.[/p][/quote]Get a room you two. Chatterbox 1
  • Score: -1

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree