CELEBRITY chef Michael Caines says he is hoping to build on the success of last year’s Bolton Food and Drink Festival with the event just over a month away.
The Michelin starred chef will return to the town to help launch the foodie extravaganza on Friday, August 22.
The 45-year-old, head chef of Gidleigh Park in Devon and the Royal Clarence in Exeter, praised the festival which has become a firm favourite in Bolton’s calendar.
He said: “I’m looking forward to Bolton Food and Drink Festival.
“Last year was great. It was fantastic, with the dinner as well on the Friday. We took part in that.
“Also the demo areas were great. We did demos in the big marquee and in the shopping centre.
“Lots of people turned up. It was great weather.”
Mr Caines, the protégé of renowned chef Raymond Blanc, is currently planning the recipes he will showcase at his demonstrations which will be free to watch in the Festival Marquee at 1pm.
He will also appear at the gala dinner, also on Friday, August 22, at the Holiday Inn, Higher Bridge Street, where he will be joined by some of the region’s best chefs including Andrew Nutter, from Nutters in Rochdale, Debbie Halls-Evans, who won Channel 4’s The Taste, and Coronation Street actor turned cheesemaker Sean Wilson.
There will be cocktails and nibbles on arrival from Manchester’s Solita restaur-ant, co-owned by Bolton-born Franco Sotgiu, before the Magnificent Seven, a seven-course taster menu, with tickets priced at £55.
On Saturday, August 23, television favourite Gino D’Acampo will appear at the festival, followed by Master-chef’s John Torode on the Sunday and James Martin on the Bank Holiday Monday.
For more details about the event and tickets, visit boltonfoodanddrinkfestival.com