Mum and two daughters abused by men on train

Mum and two daughters abused by men on train

Mum and two daughters abused by men on train

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , reporter

A GROUP of men hurled abuse at a mother and her two daughters on a train through Bolton.

British Transport Police is appealing for help after the men first directed vitriol at an Asian man, before turning on the woman after she challenged their behaviour.

The group were travelling on a Northern Rail service between Buckshaw Parkway and Manchester Victoria on Saturday, June 21 at about 5pm.

Constable Jamie McGowan said: “A group of men on the service were acting in an anti-social manner and directing racial abuse at an Asian man travelling on the service.

“The woman challenged the behaviour of the group, but then became a target of their abuse.”

PC McGowan added: “I am calling on anyone who witnessed the incident to come forward.

“The abuse directed at the passengers was totally unacceptable and it is vital that we trace the men responsible.”

If you can help please call British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40 or ring Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111. In all calls please quote log PSUB/B6 of 31/7/14.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

2:01pm Thu 31 Jul 14

pradagucci says...

Typical, Asians can't even travel on public transport these days. It's a joke if it was the other way round hell would lose break
Typical, Asians can't even travel on public transport these days. It's a joke if it was the other way round hell would lose break pradagucci
  • Score: -27

2:58pm Thu 31 Jul 14

BWFC1988 says...

pradagucci wrote:
Typical, Asians can't even travel on public transport these days. It's a joke if it was the other way round hell would lose break
If it was the other way round it wouldn't be deemed racist.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: Typical, Asians can't even travel on public transport these days. It's a joke if it was the other way round hell would lose break[/p][/quote]If it was the other way round it wouldn't be deemed racist. BWFC1988
  • Score: 33

4:17pm Thu 31 Jul 14

Wolfie190 says...

Thugs no matter who their victim was.
Thugs no matter who their victim was. Wolfie190
  • Score: 26

4:44pm Thu 31 Jul 14

OriginalAngryDad says...

"Hell would lose break", eh......?

Why can you no England speak?
"Hell would lose break", eh......? Why can you no England speak? OriginalAngryDad
  • Score: 7

6:02pm Thu 31 Jul 14

SSMassive says...

Asians can't even travel on trains that is indeed dreadful. Mind you soldiers can not return to barracks without being decapitated and passengers unable to board planes or buses without being blown to smithereens. Perspective; it is important to get some, wouldn't you say?
Asians can't even travel on trains that is indeed dreadful. Mind you soldiers can not return to barracks without being decapitated and passengers unable to board planes or buses without being blown to smithereens. Perspective; it is important to get some, wouldn't you say? SSMassive
  • Score: 39

8:31pm Thu 31 Jul 14

pradagucci says...

SSMassive wrote:
Asians can't even travel on trains that is indeed dreadful. Mind you soldiers can not return to barracks without being decapitated and passengers unable to board planes or buses without being blown to smithereens. Perspective; it is important to get some, wouldn't you say?
Ye I do read that in the news every week. It's been happening daily what you say. Just like the innocent children and woman killed by Israel using UK supplied weapons. Oh and not to forget the illegal war in Iraq which killed 120k innocent people. Illegal sanctioned by the UN. WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE and extract your head out of the Sun paper.
[quote][p][bold]SSMassive[/bold] wrote: Asians can't even travel on trains that is indeed dreadful. Mind you soldiers can not return to barracks without being decapitated and passengers unable to board planes or buses without being blown to smithereens. Perspective; it is important to get some, wouldn't you say?[/p][/quote]Ye I do read that in the news every week. It's been happening daily what you say. Just like the innocent children and woman killed by Israel using UK supplied weapons. Oh and not to forget the illegal war in Iraq which killed 120k innocent people. Illegal sanctioned by the UN. WAKE UP SMELL THE COFFEE and extract your head out of the Sun paper. pradagucci
  • Score: -8

8:33pm Thu 31 Jul 14

pradagucci says...

OriginalAngryDad wrote:
"Hell would lose break", eh......?

Why can you no England speak?
I understand it, if you don't then get out more from your council house.
[quote][p][bold]OriginalAngryDad[/bold] wrote: "Hell would lose break", eh......? Why can you no England speak?[/p][/quote]I understand it, if you don't then get out more from your council house. pradagucci
  • Score: -13

10:56pm Thu 31 Jul 14

SSMassive says...

Not sure what planet you've been living on PradaGucci but maybe you didn't notice the protests around the country against the Israeli action or the 1,000,000 who demonstrated against the Iraq war? Of course it wouldn't suit you to base your arguments on facts as your argument would fall at the first hurdle. As it has obviously passed you by the point of my post was that you are up in arms at the thought of some verbal abuse but can justify murder and mass murder. I am sure the irony is not lost on rational people but it is on you.
Not sure what planet you've been living on PradaGucci but maybe you didn't notice the protests around the country against the Israeli action or the 1,000,000 who demonstrated against the Iraq war? Of course it wouldn't suit you to base your arguments on facts as your argument would fall at the first hurdle. As it has obviously passed you by the point of my post was that you are up in arms at the thought of some verbal abuse but can justify murder and mass murder. I am sure the irony is not lost on rational people but it is on you. SSMassive
  • Score: 15

11:15pm Thu 31 Jul 14

philipwalduck says...

This incident took place on 21at June, why is it only being reported now on the 31st of July?
This incident took place on 21at June, why is it only being reported now on the 31st of July? philipwalduck
  • Score: 12

5:06am Fri 1 Aug 14

Percy Thrower says...

philipwalduck wrote:
This incident took place on 21at June, why is it only being reported now on the 31st of July?
Because the BN have to wait for articles to hit the Manchester Evening News first
[quote][p][bold]philipwalduck[/bold] wrote: This incident took place on 21at June, why is it only being reported now on the 31st of July?[/p][/quote]Because the BN have to wait for articles to hit the Manchester Evening News first Percy Thrower
  • Score: 10

8:25am Fri 1 Aug 14

Janch1 says...

The thugs responsible for this horrible incident should be banned from travelling on public transport. Everyone, regardless of race or sex should be able to go about their business without being abused, either verbally or physically. No doubt if they are caught they will get away with it as usual.
The thugs responsible for this horrible incident should be banned from travelling on public transport. Everyone, regardless of race or sex should be able to go about their business without being abused, either verbally or physically. No doubt if they are caught they will get away with it as usual. Janch1
  • Score: 15

1:42pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

Where was the train manager? He/she could have had BTP at the next station to meet the thugs.
Where was the train manager? He/she could have had BTP at the next station to meet the thugs. Citizen Cane
  • Score: 5

10:37pm Fri 1 Aug 14

Oblivious2 says...

SSMassive wrote:
Not sure what planet you've been living on PradaGucci but maybe you didn't notice the protests around the country against the Israeli action or the 1,000,000 who demonstrated against the Iraq war? Of course it wouldn't suit you to base your arguments on facts as your argument would fall at the first hurdle. As it has obviously passed you by the point of my post was that you are up in arms at the thought of some verbal abuse but can justify murder and mass murder. I am sure the irony is not lost on rational people but it is on you.
Since you're so keen to point out key word being facts, why don't you enlighten us ignorant people with some proof.....mass murder?oh please take a second to take your head out of your backside.

The irony is that every time a leftie like you post some rubbish it continues to gather a high score for the post from the BN brigade...
[quote][p][bold]SSMassive[/bold] wrote: Not sure what planet you've been living on PradaGucci but maybe you didn't notice the protests around the country against the Israeli action or the 1,000,000 who demonstrated against the Iraq war? Of course it wouldn't suit you to base your arguments on facts as your argument would fall at the first hurdle. As it has obviously passed you by the point of my post was that you are up in arms at the thought of some verbal abuse but can justify murder and mass murder. I am sure the irony is not lost on rational people but it is on you.[/p][/quote]Since you're so keen to point out key word being facts, why don't you enlighten us ignorant people with some proof.....mass murder?oh please take a second to take your head out of your backside. The irony is that every time a leftie like you post some rubbish it continues to gather a high score for the post from the BN brigade... Oblivious2
  • Score: -2

8:21am Sat 2 Aug 14

SSMassive says...

Obvious2 how stupid are you? The mass murder I am clearly referring to are the terrorist atrocities such as 9/11 and 7/7 or the Madrid bombings. In terms of facts what do you want me to produce, would 3,000 death certificates suffice? In regard to being left wing or indeed right wing, where in my post is there any suggestion of any leaning? Your stupidity is breathtaking
Obvious2 how stupid are you? The mass murder I am clearly referring to are the terrorist atrocities such as 9/11 and 7/7 or the Madrid bombings. In terms of facts what do you want me to produce, would 3,000 death certificates suffice? In regard to being left wing or indeed right wing, where in my post is there any suggestion of any leaning? Your stupidity is breathtaking SSMassive
  • Score: 0

2:22pm Sat 2 Aug 14

Pounce says...

pradagucci wrote:
Typical, Asians can't even travel on public transport these days. It's a joke if it was the other way round hell would lose break
Years ago, my Mother and I were kicked off a bus in Yorkshire for being...Asian. Northing was said by any of the other passengers Thankfully the UK have moved on.

And me,
I joined the British Army and did my 22 years service.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: Typical, Asians can't even travel on public transport these days. It's a joke if it was the other way round hell would lose break[/p][/quote]Years ago, my Mother and I were kicked off a bus in Yorkshire for being...Asian. Northing was said by any of the other passengers Thankfully the UK have moved on. And me, I joined the British Army and did my 22 years service. Pounce
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree