Man arrested after clash with Gaza protesters in Bolton town centre

Man arrested after clash with Gaza protesters in Bolton town centre

Gaza conflict protesters in Victoria Square

Gaza conflict protesters in Victoria Square

Gaza conflict protesters in Victoria Square

Gaza conflict protesters in Victoria Square

Gaza conflict protesters in Victoria Square

First published in News
Last updated
The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , health reporter

HUNDREDS of protesters calling for an end to Israeli military action in Gaza gathered Bolton’s Victoria Square.

Protesters briefly clashed with a small group opposing the protest before the scuffle was broken up by police.

There were chants of “Free Palestine” and speeches from members of Bolton’s Muslim community on Saturday at the charity canopy.

Neil McAlister, chair of the Stop the War Coalition, said: “Israel seems to be able to act with impunity.

“It seems to be the only state in the world that doesn’t have to abide by international law.

“The response to Hamas’s so-called rockets — which are more like fireworks — is to target anything. To respond to that by slaughtering 2,000 people, 400 of which are children, is completely disproportionate to the threat of Hamas.”

The loud chanting provoked a hostile reaction from some onlookers — who started shouting back at the group.

One man who broke into the protest circle was taken away by officers during the protest on Saturday.

Yasmin Qureshi, MP for Bolton South East, who has been a vocal opponent to the military action in Parliament, joined the protesters.

She said: “For more than four weeks now we have seen a massive onslaught on the people of Gaza.

“They have been subjected to eight years of collective punishment. The water is poisoned, they are relying on food packages and cannot build their homes.

“I went to Gaza four years ago and there were 25 people living in one house. These living conditions cannot go on. It is inhumane.”

Two riot vans and police squads arrived before the Bolton protest started at 3pm on Saturday.

A police spokesman for said there had not been any arrests.

Little Lever UKIP councillor Paul Richardson was in Bolton to observe the protest.

Cllr Richardson said: “It’s like any other protest. There are people for and people against.

“It’s all peaceful and they are perfectly within their rights to do it.”

The Israelis launched a military operation on July 8 to stop militant attacks from Gaza.

Last week saw the extension of a five-day ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinians.

Comments (34)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:31am Mon 18 Aug 14

I KILL GOBBY KIDS says...

Headline - 'Man arrested'

Police statement - 'not been any arrests'

I walked past, or should I say squeezed past as they were blocking the way through. To say there were a hundred there would be pushing it, but to say hundreds well I think they need a window cleaner at head office.
Unless they were counting everybody in town as part of the protest.
Headline - 'Man arrested' Police statement - 'not been any arrests' I walked past, or should I say squeezed past as they were blocking the way through. To say there were a hundred there would be pushing it, but to say hundreds well I think they need a window cleaner at head office. Unless they were counting everybody in town as part of the protest. I KILL GOBBY KIDS
  • Score: 55

11:07am Mon 18 Aug 14

Thatissowrong says...

I'll tell you what's also inhumane Yasmin:
Boko Haram kidnapping young girls to use and sell as sex slaves,
The slaughter in Syria,
Same in Libya,
ISIS slaughtering infidels in Iraq - children being buried alive, women used as sex slaves and so on.
Honour killings,
FGM.
Why don't you and your merry band demonstrate about all the above? Could it be because it's mostly Muslims killing and abusing other Muslims?
As for the Hamas rockets being like " fireworks " you wouldn't want one to land on your house: the firework would destroy it and kill all those inside. More than 2000 of these fireworks have been launched into Israeli territory.
Get real and get a balanced perspective instead of your anti-Semitic actions and propaganda.
I'll tell you what's also inhumane Yasmin: Boko Haram kidnapping young girls to use and sell as sex slaves, The slaughter in Syria, Same in Libya, ISIS slaughtering infidels in Iraq - children being buried alive, women used as sex slaves and so on. Honour killings, FGM. Why don't you and your merry band demonstrate about all the above? Could it be because it's mostly Muslims killing and abusing other Muslims? As for the Hamas rockets being like " fireworks " you wouldn't want one to land on your house: the firework would destroy it and kill all those inside. More than 2000 of these fireworks have been launched into Israeli territory. Get real and get a balanced perspective instead of your anti-Semitic actions and propaganda. Thatissowrong
  • Score: 121

11:13am Mon 18 Aug 14

Peaceful Majority says...

Shame on the mob that were in our town yesterday. An angry and hateful bunch of extremists, hypocrites and anti-semites. We don't what your intimidation tactics in Bolton. These hamas supporters only what to shut down businesses, turn the people of Bolton against each other, and destroy democracy.
Israel is the only democracy in the middle east, equal rights for women, LBGT people, and freedom of religion for all (20% of Israelis are muslims) This is the only country in the region where the christian population is on the rise. A pluralist democracy with a free press.
Shame on the mob that were in our town yesterday. An angry and hateful bunch of extremists, hypocrites and anti-semites. We don't what your intimidation tactics in Bolton. These hamas supporters only what to shut down businesses, turn the people of Bolton against each other, and destroy democracy. Israel is the only democracy in the middle east, equal rights for women, LBGT people, and freedom of religion for all (20% of Israelis are muslims) This is the only country in the region where the christian population is on the rise. A pluralist democracy with a free press. Peaceful Majority
  • Score: 87

11:35am Mon 18 Aug 14

Peaceful Majority says...

Unfortunately, for both Islamic fanatics and Leftist (non-Islamic) fanatics, inconvenient facts and logic have never been allowed to stand in the way of crass demagoguery and incitement.
It is far easier for Muslims to blame Israel for Palestinian deaths resulting from Hamas’s belligerence and provocations, than it is for them to scrutinize the deaths resulting from internecine squabbles amongst the sundry sects of their own religion, and to attempt to reflect on why so many of the world’s conflicts (and, most of the victims of those conflicts) involve adherents of this so-called “religion of peace.”
Unfortunately, for both Islamic fanatics and Leftist (non-Islamic) fanatics, inconvenient facts and logic have never been allowed to stand in the way of crass demagoguery and incitement. It is far easier for Muslims to blame Israel for Palestinian deaths resulting from Hamas’s belligerence and provocations, than it is for them to scrutinize the deaths resulting from internecine squabbles amongst the sundry sects of their own religion, and to attempt to reflect on why so many of the world’s conflicts (and, most of the victims of those conflicts) involve adherents of this so-called “religion of peace.” Peaceful Majority
  • Score: 82

11:56am Mon 18 Aug 14

k-far@hotmail.com says...

Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .
Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know . k-far@hotmail.com
  • Score: -40

12:06pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Thatissowrong says...

k-far@hotmail.com wrote:
Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .
True their rockets didn't but it sure as he'll wasn't for want of trying: this is a fact everybody has to know as well.
[quote][p][bold]k-far@hotmail.com[/bold] wrote: Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .[/p][/quote]True their rockets didn't but it sure as he'll wasn't for want of trying: this is a fact everybody has to know as well. Thatissowrong
  • Score: 51

12:29pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Thatissowrong says...

Here's another fact everybody should know:
The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show.
Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.
Here's another fact everybody should know: The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show. Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics. Thatissowrong
  • Score: 45

12:37pm Mon 18 Aug 14

barry g says...

Open your eyes people. The muslim world is killing non-muslims all over the place, not 1 muslim speaks out. In Gaza where muslims are being bombed theres public outrage.

What goes around comes around.

Lets start by saying Muslims around the world put down your weapons, stop killing innocent people because of there religion, then maybe, just maybe you will be listened to.
Open your eyes people. The muslim world is killing non-muslims all over the place, not 1 muslim speaks out. In Gaza where muslims are being bombed theres public outrage. What goes around comes around. Lets start by saying Muslims around the world put down your weapons, stop killing innocent people because of there religion, then maybe, just maybe you will be listened to. barry g
  • Score: 64

12:44pm Mon 18 Aug 14

thedom.com says...

I think a support Israel protest should take place in Bolton .....see how Muslims behave then ..
I think a support Israel protest should take place in Bolton .....see how Muslims behave then .. thedom.com
  • Score: 63

12:58pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Phil from Smithills says...

k-far@hotmail.com wrote:
Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .
Israel have spent a lot of money on a defensive dome ,to prevent the relentless rocket attacks by Hamas, they have also spent a o lot of money in building fall-out shelters in case rockets penetrate the defensive dome.

If Hamas had spent their money on building homes and shelters instead of building tunnels to attack Israel and hiding behind women and children whilst firing their rockets, then its population would be far better served.
[quote][p][bold]k-far@hotmail.com[/bold] wrote: Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .[/p][/quote]Israel have spent a lot of money on a defensive dome ,to prevent the relentless rocket attacks by Hamas, they have also spent a o lot of money in building fall-out shelters in case rockets penetrate the defensive dome. If Hamas had spent their money on building homes and shelters instead of building tunnels to attack Israel and hiding behind women and children whilst firing their rockets, then its population would be far better served. Phil from Smithills
  • Score: 57

1:11pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Lee3695 says...

I think those who were protesting would do well to remeber how the current attacks began, in retaliation for the kidnap and murder of three isreali teenagers. Don't forget, it is Hamas that is launching 'fireworks' from school playgrounds, etc. then retreating to its tunnel network, hiding behind the same children, teachers and parents the retaliatory fire is falling on. The truth of it is, neither side in this conflict can claim to have 'clean hands' but the sooner both sides put down their weapons and start constructive dialogue, the better it will be for all concerned.
I think those who were protesting would do well to remeber how the current attacks began, in retaliation for the kidnap and murder of three isreali teenagers. Don't forget, it is Hamas that is launching 'fireworks' from school playgrounds, etc. then retreating to its tunnel network, hiding behind the same children, teachers and parents the retaliatory fire is falling on. The truth of it is, neither side in this conflict can claim to have 'clean hands' but the sooner both sides put down their weapons and start constructive dialogue, the better it will be for all concerned. Lee3695
  • Score: 39

1:13pm Mon 18 Aug 14

clawhand says...

seems to me its ok for the muslims and lefties to protest but when white british people protesting its labeled as being racist.do the same people support terrorists groups like hamas and isis..........
seems to me its ok for the muslims and lefties to protest but when white british people protesting its labeled as being racist.do the same people support terrorists groups like hamas and isis.......... clawhand
  • Score: 46

2:06pm Mon 18 Aug 14

IvanCamposHair says...

Thatissowrong wrote:
Here's another fact everybody should know:
The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show.
Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.
Well it makes a change from banging on about how Muslims 'get away' with everything because everyone is afraid of being called racist. Surely these statistics prove otherwise.

Also in resposne to others on here, I don't think anyone is really in any doubt about the evil of Boko Haram/ISIS etc (remember the Bring Back Our Girls campaign?). All sides agree on this already.

Palestine/Israel is different as there is a disconnect between what these people are calling for and the British Government's position.
[quote][p][bold]Thatissowrong[/bold] wrote: Here's another fact everybody should know: The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show. Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.[/p][/quote]Well it makes a change from banging on about how Muslims 'get away' with everything because everyone is afraid of being called racist. Surely these statistics prove otherwise. Also in resposne to others on here, I don't think anyone is really in any doubt about the evil of Boko Haram/ISIS etc (remember the Bring Back Our Girls campaign?). All sides agree on this already. Palestine/Israel is different as there is a disconnect between what these people are calling for and the British Government's position. IvanCamposHair
  • Score: -18

2:36pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Peaceful Majority says...

Hamas/Isis/Boko Haram are a global strategic problem and threat. They are as bad and as brutal as each-other.
Hamas/Isis/Boko Haram are a global strategic problem and threat. They are as bad and as brutal as each-other. Peaceful Majority
  • Score: 31

2:50pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Brynmorgan says...

Wonderful the jew blaming rhetoric of the combined forces of Muslims and the left has reached bolton. .......as predicted for some weeks. Curious that so many people should openly support Hamas and a terrorist state who have only themselves to blame for their current predicament.
I hold a heartfelt contempt for any conflict that brings death and suffering to children. .......but an even greater contempt for those who would use their own children as shields for the purposes of winning a propaganda war.
Long term peace between israel and Palestine will be harder to find than an honest politician in the commons.

But for those who may by know my name........I will promise you this much ........We will not stand by and let another of these protests pass Un opposed in Bolton.

We unlike the left wing scum believe in fairness, freedom of speech and equality.

So you had your free pass......now take your bleeding heart Muslim appeasing nonsense elsewhere.
THOUSANDS SLAUGHTERED IN IRAQ BY MUSLIM EXTREMISTS.......WHE
RE'S THE PRO TESTS FOR THEM???????????
Wonderful the jew blaming rhetoric of the combined forces of Muslims and the left has reached bolton. .......as predicted for some weeks. Curious that so many people should openly support Hamas and a terrorist state who have only themselves to blame for their current predicament. I hold a heartfelt contempt for any conflict that brings death and suffering to children. .......but an even greater contempt for those who would use their own children as shields for the purposes of winning a propaganda war. Long term peace between israel and Palestine will be harder to find than an honest politician in the commons. But for those who may by know my name........I will promise you this much ........We will not stand by and let another of these protests pass Un opposed in Bolton. We unlike the left wing scum believe in fairness, freedom of speech and equality. So you had your free pass......now take your bleeding heart Muslim appeasing nonsense elsewhere. THOUSANDS SLAUGHTERED IN IRAQ BY MUSLIM EXTREMISTS.......WHE RE'S THE PRO TESTS FOR THEM??????????? Brynmorgan
  • Score: 16

3:00pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Reality50 says...

Qureshi truly is an appalling MP. She is obsessed with foreign issues while ignoring the fact Bolton is on its knees. What a disastrous decision the Labour Party made,making her the choice of candidate in 2010. The previous Bolton South East MPs, Brian Iddon and David Young,were very good local MP's who did their best for the town but Qureshi is absolutely dreadful. I just hope she gets voted out next year for the sake of the people in the south of Bolton.
As for the report,my friend walked past this demo on Saturday and she said one of the Muslim speakers was being anti semitic in his language and that some shoppers were angry at not being prewarned about this demonstration.
Why did the Bolton News not prewarn everyone in Thursday or Friday's editions of this demonstration?
In my view the press and police should be publicising town centre demonstrations by all groups a few days in advance. It seems some,including Jewish folk and the elderly felt threatened by this demonstration.
One final thing and that is the deafening silence by the Muslim and socialists to the appalling atrocities on Christians by ISIS in Iraq and the mass murder by Boko Haram of Christians in parts of Africa. The hypocrisy here is disgusting and while the Gaza issue is sad to see and both sides are to blame,the silence on Iraq and Africa by these Muslims and left wingers is utterly shameful.
Qureshi truly is an appalling MP. She is obsessed with foreign issues while ignoring the fact Bolton is on its knees. What a disastrous decision the Labour Party made,making her the choice of candidate in 2010. The previous Bolton South East MPs, Brian Iddon and David Young,were very good local MP's who did their best for the town but Qureshi is absolutely dreadful. I just hope she gets voted out next year for the sake of the people in the south of Bolton. As for the report,my friend walked past this demo on Saturday and she said one of the Muslim speakers was being anti semitic in his language and that some shoppers were angry at not being prewarned about this demonstration. Why did the Bolton News not prewarn everyone in Thursday or Friday's editions of this demonstration? In my view the press and police should be publicising town centre demonstrations by all groups a few days in advance. It seems some,including Jewish folk and the elderly felt threatened by this demonstration. One final thing and that is the deafening silence by the Muslim and socialists to the appalling atrocities on Christians by ISIS in Iraq and the mass murder by Boko Haram of Christians in parts of Africa. The hypocrisy here is disgusting and while the Gaza issue is sad to see and both sides are to blame,the silence on Iraq and Africa by these Muslims and left wingers is utterly shameful. Reality50
  • Score: 55

3:01pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Reality50 says...

Thatissowrong wrote:
I'll tell you what's also inhumane Yasmin:
Boko Haram kidnapping young girls to use and sell as sex slaves,
The slaughter in Syria,
Same in Libya,
ISIS slaughtering infidels in Iraq - children being buried alive, women used as sex slaves and so on.
Honour killings,
FGM.
Why don't you and your merry band demonstrate about all the above? Could it be because it's mostly Muslims killing and abusing other Muslims?
As for the Hamas rockets being like " fireworks " you wouldn't want one to land on your house: the firework would destroy it and kill all those inside. More than 2000 of these fireworks have been launched into Israeli territory.
Get real and get a balanced perspective instead of your anti-Semitic actions and propaganda.
Spot on 110%
[quote][p][bold]Thatissowrong[/bold] wrote: I'll tell you what's also inhumane Yasmin: Boko Haram kidnapping young girls to use and sell as sex slaves, The slaughter in Syria, Same in Libya, ISIS slaughtering infidels in Iraq - children being buried alive, women used as sex slaves and so on. Honour killings, FGM. Why don't you and your merry band demonstrate about all the above? Could it be because it's mostly Muslims killing and abusing other Muslims? As for the Hamas rockets being like " fireworks " you wouldn't want one to land on your house: the firework would destroy it and kill all those inside. More than 2000 of these fireworks have been launched into Israeli territory. Get real and get a balanced perspective instead of your anti-Semitic actions and propaganda.[/p][/quote]Spot on 110% Reality50
  • Score: 39

3:41pm Mon 18 Aug 14

IvanCamposHair says...

Reality50 wrote:
Qureshi truly is an appalling MP. She is obsessed with foreign issues while ignoring the fact Bolton is on its knees. What a disastrous decision the Labour Party made,making her the choice of candidate in 2010. The previous Bolton South East MPs, Brian Iddon and David Young,were very good local MP's who did their best for the town but Qureshi is absolutely dreadful. I just hope she gets voted out next year for the sake of the people in the south of Bolton.
As for the report,my friend walked past this demo on Saturday and she said one of the Muslim speakers was being anti semitic in his language and that some shoppers were angry at not being prewarned about this demonstration.
Why did the Bolton News not prewarn everyone in Thursday or Friday's editions of this demonstration?
In my view the press and police should be publicising town centre demonstrations by all groups a few days in advance. It seems some,including Jewish folk and the elderly felt threatened by this demonstration.
One final thing and that is the deafening silence by the Muslim and socialists to the appalling atrocities on Christians by ISIS in Iraq and the mass murder by Boko Haram of Christians in parts of Africa. The hypocrisy here is disgusting and while the Gaza issue is sad to see and both sides are to blame,the silence on Iraq and Africa by these Muslims and left wingers is utterly shameful.
Agree with your first point, Qureshi does not do enough on other issues and it does feel like she is only vocal on foreign affairs. She is entitled to her view on foreign policy but she needs to do alot more on domestic issues, for which she never seems to have a good understanding.

Second point I would say do not bunch all on the left with not caring about ISIS and Boko Haram. I would say I am Socialist and am concerned about both Gaza and ISIS in equal measure.

Stop the War Coalition are an embarrassment to Socialists and proper left wingers need to speak up.
[quote][p][bold]Reality50[/bold] wrote: Qureshi truly is an appalling MP. She is obsessed with foreign issues while ignoring the fact Bolton is on its knees. What a disastrous decision the Labour Party made,making her the choice of candidate in 2010. The previous Bolton South East MPs, Brian Iddon and David Young,were very good local MP's who did their best for the town but Qureshi is absolutely dreadful. I just hope she gets voted out next year for the sake of the people in the south of Bolton. As for the report,my friend walked past this demo on Saturday and she said one of the Muslim speakers was being anti semitic in his language and that some shoppers were angry at not being prewarned about this demonstration. Why did the Bolton News not prewarn everyone in Thursday or Friday's editions of this demonstration? In my view the press and police should be publicising town centre demonstrations by all groups a few days in advance. It seems some,including Jewish folk and the elderly felt threatened by this demonstration. One final thing and that is the deafening silence by the Muslim and socialists to the appalling atrocities on Christians by ISIS in Iraq and the mass murder by Boko Haram of Christians in parts of Africa. The hypocrisy here is disgusting and while the Gaza issue is sad to see and both sides are to blame,the silence on Iraq and Africa by these Muslims and left wingers is utterly shameful.[/p][/quote]Agree with your first point, Qureshi does not do enough on other issues and it does feel like she is only vocal on foreign affairs. She is entitled to her view on foreign policy but she needs to do alot more on domestic issues, for which she never seems to have a good understanding. Second point I would say do not bunch all on the left with not caring about ISIS and Boko Haram. I would say I am Socialist and am concerned about both Gaza and ISIS in equal measure. Stop the War Coalition are an embarrassment to Socialists and proper left wingers need to speak up. IvanCamposHair
  • Score: 7

3:50pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Reality50 says...

IvanCamposHair wrote:
Reality50 wrote:
Qureshi truly is an appalling MP. She is obsessed with foreign issues while ignoring the fact Bolton is on its knees. What a disastrous decision the Labour Party made,making her the choice of candidate in 2010. The previous Bolton South East MPs, Brian Iddon and David Young,were very good local MP's who did their best for the town but Qureshi is absolutely dreadful. I just hope she gets voted out next year for the sake of the people in the south of Bolton.
As for the report,my friend walked past this demo on Saturday and she said one of the Muslim speakers was being anti semitic in his language and that some shoppers were angry at not being prewarned about this demonstration.
Why did the Bolton News not prewarn everyone in Thursday or Friday's editions of this demonstration?
In my view the press and police should be publicising town centre demonstrations by all groups a few days in advance. It seems some,including Jewish folk and the elderly felt threatened by this demonstration.
One final thing and that is the deafening silence by the Muslim and socialists to the appalling atrocities on Christians by ISIS in Iraq and the mass murder by Boko Haram of Christians in parts of Africa. The hypocrisy here is disgusting and while the Gaza issue is sad to see and both sides are to blame,the silence on Iraq and Africa by these Muslims and left wingers is utterly shameful.
Agree with your first point, Qureshi does not do enough on other issues and it does feel like she is only vocal on foreign affairs. She is entitled to her view on foreign policy but she needs to do alot more on domestic issues, for which she never seems to have a good understanding.

Second point I would say do not bunch all on the left with not caring about ISIS and Boko Haram. I would say I am Socialist and am concerned about both Gaza and ISIS in equal measure.

Stop the War Coalition are an embarrassment to Socialists and proper left wingers need to speak up.
True. Genocide is genocide no matter what the race or religion is.
[quote][p][bold]IvanCamposHair[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Reality50[/bold] wrote: Qureshi truly is an appalling MP. She is obsessed with foreign issues while ignoring the fact Bolton is on its knees. What a disastrous decision the Labour Party made,making her the choice of candidate in 2010. The previous Bolton South East MPs, Brian Iddon and David Young,were very good local MP's who did their best for the town but Qureshi is absolutely dreadful. I just hope she gets voted out next year for the sake of the people in the south of Bolton. As for the report,my friend walked past this demo on Saturday and she said one of the Muslim speakers was being anti semitic in his language and that some shoppers were angry at not being prewarned about this demonstration. Why did the Bolton News not prewarn everyone in Thursday or Friday's editions of this demonstration? In my view the press and police should be publicising town centre demonstrations by all groups a few days in advance. It seems some,including Jewish folk and the elderly felt threatened by this demonstration. One final thing and that is the deafening silence by the Muslim and socialists to the appalling atrocities on Christians by ISIS in Iraq and the mass murder by Boko Haram of Christians in parts of Africa. The hypocrisy here is disgusting and while the Gaza issue is sad to see and both sides are to blame,the silence on Iraq and Africa by these Muslims and left wingers is utterly shameful.[/p][/quote]Agree with your first point, Qureshi does not do enough on other issues and it does feel like she is only vocal on foreign affairs. She is entitled to her view on foreign policy but she needs to do alot more on domestic issues, for which she never seems to have a good understanding. Second point I would say do not bunch all on the left with not caring about ISIS and Boko Haram. I would say I am Socialist and am concerned about both Gaza and ISIS in equal measure. Stop the War Coalition are an embarrassment to Socialists and proper left wingers need to speak up.[/p][/quote]True. Genocide is genocide no matter what the race or religion is. Reality50
  • Score: 7

4:11pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

thedom.com wrote:
I think a support Israel protest should take place in Bolton .....see how Muslims behave then ..
Better still, see how the 'English' behave when they become aware of Israeli atrocities against the British.
[quote][p][bold]thedom.com[/bold] wrote: I think a support Israel protest should take place in Bolton .....see how Muslims behave then ..[/p][/quote]Better still, see how the 'English' behave when they become aware of Israeli atrocities against the British. Tim Burr
  • Score: -7

4:17pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

Osama Bin Laden - Jewish.
ISIS - Al-Baghdadi Jewish.
Osama Bin Laden - Jewish. ISIS - Al-Baghdadi Jewish. Tim Burr
  • Score: -13

6:01pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Ancient Boltonian says...

Tim Burr wrote:
Osama Bin Laden - Jewish.
ISIS - Al-Baghdadi Jewish.
NUTTAH !
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: Osama Bin Laden - Jewish. ISIS - Al-Baghdadi Jewish.[/p][/quote]NUTTAH ! Ancient Boltonian
  • Score: 6

6:12pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Ancient Boltonian says...

Not surprising that it's a white guy who got arrested.
There is no sense of fair play where muslims are concerned.
I also tried to proceed through the crowd of trouble-makers, but I was warned in an aggressive manner to "go round; this is a legitimate demo" by a fat white man in a reflective yellow jacket who was acting as an enforcer for these people.
I am only 5'4" tall, and believe that if I had squared up to him, I would have been assaulted, and probably arrested by Quereshis police force.
Not surprising that it's a white guy who got arrested. There is no sense of fair play where muslims are concerned. I also tried to proceed through the crowd of trouble-makers, but I was warned in an aggressive manner to "go round; this is a legitimate demo" by a fat white man in a reflective yellow jacket who was acting as an enforcer for these people. I am only 5'4" tall, and believe that if I had squared up to him, I would have been assaulted, and probably arrested by Quereshis police force. Ancient Boltonian
  • Score: 7

9:21pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

k-far@hotmail.com wrote:
Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .
That is a lie, Hamas lover. Hamas HAVE killed innocent Israelis in bomb attacks on restaurants and buses in Israel. Inconvenient FACT Hamas lover.

BTW, Hamas is a terrorist organisation according to the UK and other great and respected nations. The Hamas attacks on Israeli citizens have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by respected human rights organisations.

The Hamas rocket attacks have been going on since 2001, mostly unprovoked. Fortunately, Israel has good interception technologies otherwise many women and children would have been killed by the evil Hamas terrorists. We now know, thanks to you, that Hamas and their lovers are liars also.

The protest on Saturday contained misguided people who were NOT protesting for peace, but for the policies of the evil Hamas terrorists who use innocent women and children as human shields. I repeat, there was NO plea for peace. These protesters were anti-Semitic which is religious and racial hatred of the Jews. I am wondering why these racists were not prevented from professing their racist views and all arrested? It was a deeply offensive protest to the Jews who were walking past on the day and reminded them of the disgusting Nazi persecution that their people faced in Europe. They felt fearful and intimidated by these supporters of rocket firing and suicide bombing maniacs. And remember, this was also the Sabbath day for jewish people - how deeply offensive then to arrange such a protest on the Sabbath of all days. What evil, uncaring people would do this? At least the mosque protests have happened on a Saturday, out of respect for the muslim community. Why not show the same respect for the jewish community? Here's why...attacks on innocent jewish people by young lunatic muslims have risen recently - you can understand why if this protest is representative of the sunni muslim community leadership attitude.

Please don't blame the sound shia muslims - they are reasonable people by and large and generally do not condone sunni extremism. Quite often they end up in a ruck with the sunni, which is what is happening in Syria, but complicated further by another sub-division : the alawites - not to be confused with the superwhites who have never fired anything at lunatic ISIS psychopaths with a penchant for beheading trophies on social media. Maybe if the whites played a friendly with ISIS, the firm could sort out their supporters once and for all? Mind you, they wouldn't be able to get a ref for that game in case he lost his head for a bad decision.

These are the facts that everybody has to know.

Remember : your granny was right : NEVER trust a man with a beard or a tattoo. This is a fact that everybody must know.
[quote][p][bold]k-far@hotmail.com[/bold] wrote: Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .[/p][/quote]That is a lie, Hamas lover. Hamas HAVE killed innocent Israelis in bomb attacks on restaurants and buses in Israel. Inconvenient FACT Hamas lover. BTW, Hamas is a terrorist organisation according to the UK and other great and respected nations. The Hamas attacks on Israeli citizens have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by respected human rights organisations. The Hamas rocket attacks have been going on since 2001, mostly unprovoked. Fortunately, Israel has good interception technologies otherwise many women and children would have been killed by the evil Hamas terrorists. We now know, thanks to you, that Hamas and their lovers are liars also. The protest on Saturday contained misguided people who were NOT protesting for peace, but for the policies of the evil Hamas terrorists who use innocent women and children as human shields. I repeat, there was NO plea for peace. These protesters were anti-Semitic which is religious and racial hatred of the Jews. I am wondering why these racists were not prevented from professing their racist views and all arrested? It was a deeply offensive protest to the Jews who were walking past on the day and reminded them of the disgusting Nazi persecution that their people faced in Europe. They felt fearful and intimidated by these supporters of rocket firing and suicide bombing maniacs. And remember, this was also the Sabbath day for jewish people - how deeply offensive then to arrange such a protest on the Sabbath of all days. What evil, uncaring people would do this? At least the mosque protests have happened on a Saturday, out of respect for the muslim community. Why not show the same respect for the jewish community? Here's why...attacks on innocent jewish people by young lunatic muslims have risen recently - you can understand why if this protest is representative of the sunni muslim community leadership attitude. Please don't blame the sound shia muslims - they are reasonable people by and large and generally do not condone sunni extremism. Quite often they end up in a ruck with the sunni, which is what is happening in Syria, but complicated further by another sub-division : the alawites - not to be confused with the superwhites who have never fired anything at lunatic ISIS psychopaths with a penchant for beheading trophies on social media. Maybe if the whites played a friendly with ISIS, the firm could sort out their supporters once and for all? Mind you, they wouldn't be able to get a ref for that game in case he lost his head for a bad decision. These are the facts that everybody has to know. Remember : your granny was right : NEVER trust a man with a beard or a tattoo. This is a fact that everybody must know. Citizen Cane
  • Score: -2

11:06pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

Citizen Cane wrote:
k-far@hotmail.com wrote:
Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .
That is a lie, Hamas lover. Hamas HAVE killed innocent Israelis in bomb attacks on restaurants and buses in Israel. Inconvenient FACT Hamas lover.

BTW, Hamas is a terrorist organisation according to the UK and other great and respected nations. The Hamas attacks on Israeli citizens have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by respected human rights organisations.

The Hamas rocket attacks have been going on since 2001, mostly unprovoked. Fortunately, Israel has good interception technologies otherwise many women and children would have been killed by the evil Hamas terrorists. We now know, thanks to you, that Hamas and their lovers are liars also.

The protest on Saturday contained misguided people who were NOT protesting for peace, but for the policies of the evil Hamas terrorists who use innocent women and children as human shields. I repeat, there was NO plea for peace. These protesters were anti-Semitic which is religious and racial hatred of the Jews. I am wondering why these racists were not prevented from professing their racist views and all arrested? It was a deeply offensive protest to the Jews who were walking past on the day and reminded them of the disgusting Nazi persecution that their people faced in Europe. They felt fearful and intimidated by these supporters of rocket firing and suicide bombing maniacs. And remember, this was also the Sabbath day for jewish people - how deeply offensive then to arrange such a protest on the Sabbath of all days. What evil, uncaring people would do this? At least the mosque protests have happened on a Saturday, out of respect for the muslim community. Why not show the same respect for the jewish community? Here's why...attacks on innocent jewish people by young lunatic muslims have risen recently - you can understand why if this protest is representative of the sunni muslim community leadership attitude.

Please don't blame the sound shia muslims - they are reasonable people by and large and generally do not condone sunni extremism. Quite often they end up in a ruck with the sunni, which is what is happening in Syria, but complicated further by another sub-division : the alawites - not to be confused with the superwhites who have never fired anything at lunatic ISIS psychopaths with a penchant for beheading trophies on social media. Maybe if the whites played a friendly with ISIS, the firm could sort out their supporters once and for all? Mind you, they wouldn't be able to get a ref for that game in case he lost his head for a bad decision.

These are the facts that everybody has to know.

Remember : your granny was right : NEVER trust a man with a beard or a tattoo. This is a fact that everybody must know.
Hilarious.

It was a deeply offensive protest to the Jews who were walking past on the day" Followed by "And remember, this was also the Sabbath day for jewish people - how deeply offensive then to arrange such a protest on the Sabbath of all days."

If these Jews who walked past (I'll assume you know a secret funny walk that identified them as Jews) were so offended - how come they weren't observing their Shabbat - day of rest?

Now as many know - the 174 Jewish of Bolton are outnumbered by the mainly peaceful Jedi's (last count over 700) I wonder what the Jewish perspective is that the Force is with them - the Jedi's?
[quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]k-far@hotmail.com[/bold] wrote: Hamas did not kill any Israeli citizen,but Israeli's special army forces killed hone cent children sleeping by their mothers in their own land this is a fact everybody has to know .[/p][/quote]That is a lie, Hamas lover. Hamas HAVE killed innocent Israelis in bomb attacks on restaurants and buses in Israel. Inconvenient FACT Hamas lover. BTW, Hamas is a terrorist organisation according to the UK and other great and respected nations. The Hamas attacks on Israeli citizens have been condemned as war crimes and crimes against humanity by respected human rights organisations. The Hamas rocket attacks have been going on since 2001, mostly unprovoked. Fortunately, Israel has good interception technologies otherwise many women and children would have been killed by the evil Hamas terrorists. We now know, thanks to you, that Hamas and their lovers are liars also. The protest on Saturday contained misguided people who were NOT protesting for peace, but for the policies of the evil Hamas terrorists who use innocent women and children as human shields. I repeat, there was NO plea for peace. These protesters were anti-Semitic which is religious and racial hatred of the Jews. I am wondering why these racists were not prevented from professing their racist views and all arrested? It was a deeply offensive protest to the Jews who were walking past on the day and reminded them of the disgusting Nazi persecution that their people faced in Europe. They felt fearful and intimidated by these supporters of rocket firing and suicide bombing maniacs. And remember, this was also the Sabbath day for jewish people - how deeply offensive then to arrange such a protest on the Sabbath of all days. What evil, uncaring people would do this? At least the mosque protests have happened on a Saturday, out of respect for the muslim community. Why not show the same respect for the jewish community? Here's why...attacks on innocent jewish people by young lunatic muslims have risen recently - you can understand why if this protest is representative of the sunni muslim community leadership attitude. Please don't blame the sound shia muslims - they are reasonable people by and large and generally do not condone sunni extremism. Quite often they end up in a ruck with the sunni, which is what is happening in Syria, but complicated further by another sub-division : the alawites - not to be confused with the superwhites who have never fired anything at lunatic ISIS psychopaths with a penchant for beheading trophies on social media. Maybe if the whites played a friendly with ISIS, the firm could sort out their supporters once and for all? Mind you, they wouldn't be able to get a ref for that game in case he lost his head for a bad decision. These are the facts that everybody has to know. Remember : your granny was right : NEVER trust a man with a beard or a tattoo. This is a fact that everybody must know.[/p][/quote]Hilarious. It was a deeply offensive protest to the Jews who were walking past on the day" Followed by "And remember, this was also the Sabbath day for jewish people - how deeply offensive then to arrange such a protest on the Sabbath of all days." If these Jews who walked past (I'll assume you know a secret funny walk that identified them as Jews) were so offended - how come they weren't observing their Shabbat - day of rest? Now as many know - the 174 Jewish of Bolton are outnumbered by the mainly peaceful Jedi's (last count over 700) I wonder what the Jewish perspective is that the Force is with them - the Jedi's? Tim Burr
  • Score: 10

11:08pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

Ancient Boltonian wrote:
Tim Burr wrote:
Osama Bin Laden - Jewish.
ISIS - Al-Baghdadi Jewish.
NUTTAH !
Yep, they said the same about Enoch Powell.
[quote][p][bold]Ancient Boltonian[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: Osama Bin Laden - Jewish. ISIS - Al-Baghdadi Jewish.[/p][/quote]NUTTAH ![/p][/quote]Yep, they said the same about Enoch Powell. Tim Burr
  • Score: 23

11:55pm Mon 18 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

So Tim Burr wishes to ban jews from walking the streets. That is getting way too extreme.
So Tim Burr wishes to ban jews from walking the streets. That is getting way too extreme. Citizen Cane
  • Score: -3

12:00am Tue 19 Aug 14

Tim Burr says...

Citizen Cane wrote:
So Tim Burr wishes to ban jews from walking the streets. That is getting way too extreme.
I'd stick to m.asturbation if I were you, Citizen Cane. Its marginally more productive than your attempts at an argument which is persuasive.
[quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: So Tim Burr wishes to ban jews from walking the streets. That is getting way too extreme.[/p][/quote]I'd stick to m.asturbation if I were you, Citizen Cane. Its marginally more productive than your attempts at an argument which is persuasive. Tim Burr
  • Score: 19

7:44am Tue 19 Aug 14

thedom.com says...

Tim tim ,nice but dim
Tim tim ,nice but dim thedom.com
  • Score: 0

1:25pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Rimb123 says...

It's not about being Muslim, it's about being human.
It's not about being Muslim, it's about being human. Rimb123
  • Score: 1

5:33pm Tue 19 Aug 14

dameous says...

Jedi as a religion makes just as much sense as any of the Abrahamic religions. Just sayin'
Jedi as a religion makes just as much sense as any of the Abrahamic religions. Just sayin' dameous
  • Score: 3

9:58pm Tue 19 Aug 14

Citizen Cane says...

Tim Burr wrote:
Citizen Cane wrote:
So Tim Burr wishes to ban jews from walking the streets. That is getting way too extreme.
I'd stick to m.asturbation if I were you, Citizen Cane. Its marginally more productive than your attempts at an argument which is persuasive.
...and your feeble attempt at abuse is all you can offer the debate. Par for the course for an anti-semitic terrorist lover.
[quote][p][bold]Tim Burr[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Citizen Cane[/bold] wrote: So Tim Burr wishes to ban jews from walking the streets. That is getting way too extreme.[/p][/quote]I'd stick to m.asturbation if I were you, Citizen Cane. Its marginally more productive than your attempts at an argument which is persuasive.[/p][/quote]...and your feeble attempt at abuse is all you can offer the debate. Par for the course for an anti-semitic terrorist lover. Citizen Cane
  • Score: 1

4:51am Wed 20 Aug 14

mick81 says...

Thatissowrong wrote:
Here's another fact everybody should know:
The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show.
Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.
Maybe they have done something wrong?

What is your point?
[quote][p][bold]Thatissowrong[/bold] wrote: Here's another fact everybody should know: The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show. Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.[/p][/quote]Maybe they have done something wrong? What is your point? mick81
  • Score: -2

9:35am Wed 20 Aug 14

Thatissowrong says...

mick81 wrote:
Thatissowrong wrote:
Here's another fact everybody should know:
The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show.
Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.
Maybe they have done something wrong?

What is your point?
The high propensity to break the law: look at the relationship between %age of population and %age of prison population.
[quote][p][bold]mick81[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Thatissowrong[/bold] wrote: Here's another fact everybody should know: The number of Muslims in the prison population has more than doubled to nearly 12,000 in a decade, figures from the Ministry of Justice show. Muslims represent only 4.7 per cent of the population in England and Wales, according to the most recent Census, yet one in seven prisoners (14 per cent) in England and Wales is a Muslim, according to the statistics.[/p][/quote]Maybe they have done something wrong? What is your point?[/p][/quote]The high propensity to break the law: look at the relationship between %age of population and %age of prison population. Thatissowrong
  • Score: 2

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree