Women's clothes shop becomes latest to close in Bolton town centre

Malcom Angus, manager of Crompton Place shopping centre

Malcom Angus, manager of Crompton Place shopping centre

First published in News The Bolton News: Photograph of the Author by , business editor

A WOMEN’S clothes shop has become the latest town centre shop to close.

Evans in Crompton Place will shut up shop for the last time on Saturday, September 13 with the loss of five jobs.

It is understood its lease is expiring.

A spokesman for Arcadia-owned Evans confirmed the move.

He said: “We are constantly reviewing our store portfolio across the group, and leases continually expire or come up for renewal.

“We are always looking at how to shape our store portfolio, investing in flagship stores, and increasing our brand presence online.

“When leases expire which we do not renew, we endeavour to redeploy staff affected to another store within the Arcadia Group as much as we can.”

None of the staff in Crompton Place have been offered alternative posts.

Crompton Place manager Malcolm Angus, said: “We are disappointed to see Evans leave Crompton Place but we are already in talks with two retailers who are interested in taking over the unit.

“In the meantime our thoughts are obviously with the staff for who this is a difficult and uncertain time but the decision to leave was made by senior managers at the Arcadia Group and is not a reflection of the situation at Crompton Place where business is brisk.”

In the last nine months Subway, Perfect Homes, Poundland and Wipe Your Tears charity shop have opened in the centre.

Mr Angus said: “Crompton Place has made an important contribution to the local economy over very many years, providing about 500 jobs and is home for some of the high street’s biggest names, including Boots, BHS, Beaverbrooks, Ernest Jones, The Fragrance Shop, New Look and Clarks.”

Bolton Council’s director of development and regeneration Keith Davies said he had been told by Arcadia that it was currently company policy to let leases lapse in regional shopping centres when they come up for renewal.

He added: “They are consolidating their offer into city centres. We have invited them to come to us if there is anything we can do to help if they made a decision to stay.

“It is a decision that is not specific to Bolton and should not reflect negatively on the town.

“Arcadia have sometimes relocated stores like Evans into BHS, but this is not happening in Bolton because there are too many other outlets.”

The move follows the high-profile closure of Dorothy Perkins and Burtons, which moved out of Deansgate two years ago.

Bolton fish and chip restaurant Alice’s also shut up shop last week, citing too high rent and rates and mounting debts the the reason for closure.

Comments (35)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

9:48am Sun 24 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ! JustBecause
  • Score: 57

10:05am Sun 24 Aug 14

mrs philainsy says...

JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
I'll second that.

The defaced money is a story we should be able to comment on.
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]I'll second that. The defaced money is a story we should be able to comment on. mrs philainsy
  • Score: 69

10:13am Sun 24 Aug 14

EveDallas says...

Boycott the newsagent! simples!
Boycott the newsagent! simples! EveDallas
  • Score: 60

10:22am Sun 24 Aug 14

Don Kiddick says...

Just reading the list on shops opening or recently opened in the arcade and like the great majority of people, I have no reason whatsoever to set foot in that arcade whatsoever. No reason to step into that arcade or Bolton town centre whatsoever.

Old people, old peoples' ideas, dying town.
Just reading the list on shops opening or recently opened in the arcade and like the great majority of people, I have no reason whatsoever to set foot in that arcade whatsoever. No reason to step into that arcade or Bolton town centre whatsoever. Old people, old peoples' ideas, dying town. Don Kiddick
  • Score: 30

10:33am Sun 24 Aug 14

united99 says...

JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message . united99
  • Score: -56

10:40am Sun 24 Aug 14

nigella farrage says...

united99 Defacing the queens head on any monetary note or coin, with a political message, is firstly illegal and, secondly, makes the note or coin, worthless as it becomes non-legal tender.

As for Evans closing - bound o happen sooner or later as the Arcadia Group are slowly moving to just an on-line presence rather than a high street presence - akin to Woolworth and Littlewoods.
united99 Defacing the queens head on any monetary note or coin, with a political message, is firstly illegal and, secondly, makes the note or coin, worthless as it becomes non-legal tender. As for Evans closing - bound o happen sooner or later as the Arcadia Group are slowly moving to just an on-line presence rather than a high street presence - akin to Woolworth and Littlewoods. nigella farrage
  • Score: -64

12:00pm Sun 24 Aug 14

hoppyhol says...

united99 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .
But yet he sells newspaper that are owned by Jewish business men.....
[quote][p][bold]united99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .[/p][/quote]But yet he sells newspaper that are owned by Jewish business men..... hoppyhol
  • Score: 52

12:57pm Sun 24 Aug 14

calvin street says...

united99 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .
But it is a big deal to some, I wouldnt want some message about Palestine written on my money. I wonder why you or good old Abdul at the newsagents never mention muslims killing EACH OTHER in Syria, Iraq, Sudan. All in the so called name of religion. PATHETIC
[quote][p][bold]united99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .[/p][/quote]But it is a big deal to some, I wouldnt want some message about Palestine written on my money. I wonder why you or good old Abdul at the newsagents never mention muslims killing EACH OTHER in Syria, Iraq, Sudan. All in the so called name of religion. PATHETIC calvin street
  • Score: 52

1:04pm Sun 24 Aug 14

united99 says...

calvin street wrote:
united99 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .
But it is a big deal to some, I wouldnt want some message about Palestine written on my money. I wonder why you or good old Abdul at the newsagents never mention muslims killing EACH OTHER in Syria, Iraq, Sudan. All in the so called name of religion. PATHETIC
The above countries you have mentioned had no problems 10 - 15 years ago until us and uk felt the need to invade in the so called name of oil.....
[quote][p][bold]calvin street[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]united99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .[/p][/quote]But it is a big deal to some, I wouldnt want some message about Palestine written on my money. I wonder why you or good old Abdul at the newsagents never mention muslims killing EACH OTHER in Syria, Iraq, Sudan. All in the so called name of religion. PATHETIC[/p][/quote]The above countries you have mentioned had no problems 10 - 15 years ago until us and uk felt the need to invade in the so called name of oil..... united99
  • Score: -36

1:27pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Chrome1 says...

I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.
I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago. Chrome1
  • Score: -32

1:28pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Chrome1 says...

nigella farrage wrote:
united99 Defacing the queens head on any monetary note or coin, with a political message, is firstly illegal and, secondly, makes the note or coin, worthless as it becomes non-legal tender.

As for Evans closing - bound o happen sooner or later as the Arcadia Group are slowly moving to just an on-line presence rather than a high street presence - akin to Woolworth and Littlewoods.
Does it really make the money illegal when it's defaced? Prove it.
[quote][p][bold]nigella farrage[/bold] wrote: united99 Defacing the queens head on any monetary note or coin, with a political message, is firstly illegal and, secondly, makes the note or coin, worthless as it becomes non-legal tender. As for Evans closing - bound o happen sooner or later as the Arcadia Group are slowly moving to just an on-line presence rather than a high street presence - akin to Woolworth and Littlewoods.[/p][/quote]Does it really make the money illegal when it's defaced? Prove it. Chrome1
  • Score: -53

2:27pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Browny91 says...

It's ok, I'm sure we will have another pound store in it's place.
It's ok, I'm sure we will have another pound store in it's place. Browny91
  • Score: 20

2:29pm Sun 24 Aug 14

Browny91 says...

EveDallas wrote:
Boycott the newsagent! simples!
All the other newsagents are going to copy! Everyone needs to check notes given to them before leaving the shops. I certainly won't let anybody hand me one!!
[quote][p][bold]EveDallas[/bold] wrote: Boycott the newsagent! simples![/p][/quote]All the other newsagents are going to copy! Everyone needs to check notes given to them before leaving the shops. I certainly won't let anybody hand me one!! Browny91
  • Score: 33

3:19pm Sun 24 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!!
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!! pradagucci
  • Score: -61

3:19pm Sun 24 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!!
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!! pradagucci
  • Score: -37

3:20pm Sun 24 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

Chrome1 wrote:
I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.
Bolton should become a tourism hub?????? North West Infidels would drive them out.........
[quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.[/p][/quote]Bolton should become a tourism hub?????? North West Infidels would drive them out......... pradagucci
  • Score: -37

3:20pm Sun 24 Aug 14

pradagucci says...

Chrome1 wrote:
I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.
Bolton should become a tourism hub?????? North West Infidels would drive them out.........
[quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.[/p][/quote]Bolton should become a tourism hub?????? North West Infidels would drive them out......... pradagucci
  • Score: -62

3:33pm Sun 24 Aug 14

JustBecause says...

pradagucci wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!!
Haha moron indeed. More than happy to be one if it got me to where I am today.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!![/p][/quote]Haha moron indeed. More than happy to be one if it got me to where I am today. JustBecause
  • Score: 118

4:48pm Sun 24 Aug 14

fay clarke says...

One rule for one etc.,
One rule for one etc., fay clarke
  • Score: 16

5:52pm Sun 24 Aug 14

TalkingOutLoud says...

Evans in Bolton is a plus size shop catering for people from a size 16-32, the shop in Bolton’s Crompton Place has been there for at least 20 years as I know of.

The shop is still stuck in the past, it’s too small to cater for the person it is aimed at, i.e. the larger woman as there is no room to manoeuvre in the store between the displays of clothes. Personally as a larger woman I have not shopped in the Bolton Evans store for a number of years, as Evans seems constantly behind the times when it comes to clothes so it comes as no surprise that this store is closing – the Bury branch shut about 18 months ago. I could never understand why the store did not move to larger premises like on offer in the Market Hall.

If I do ever shop at Evans I do so online often searching out a discount code and free delivery as well as getting cashback from a cashback site. As for clothes for the larger woman, Manchester Arndale has more than enough choice what with Evans, Simply Be and Yours with the latter being much better priced than Evans.

As for someone mentioning another pound shop opening, the next one “Poundworld” will be opening shortly on the Trinty Retail Park near Maplin, signs are already up and fitters are in there now!

Welcome to bargain Bolton…
Evans in Bolton is a plus size shop catering for people from a size 16-32, the shop in Bolton’s Crompton Place has been there for at least 20 years as I know of. The shop is still stuck in the past, it’s too small to cater for the person it is aimed at, i.e. the larger woman as there is no room to manoeuvre in the store between the displays of clothes. Personally as a larger woman I have not shopped in the Bolton Evans store for a number of years, as Evans seems constantly behind the times when it comes to clothes so it comes as no surprise that this store is closing – the Bury branch shut about 18 months ago. I could never understand why the store did not move to larger premises like on offer in the Market Hall. If I do ever shop at Evans I do so online often searching out a discount code and free delivery as well as getting cashback from a cashback site. As for clothes for the larger woman, Manchester Arndale has more than enough choice what with Evans, Simply Be and Yours with the latter being much better priced than Evans. As for someone mentioning another pound shop opening, the next one “Poundworld” will be opening shortly on the Trinty Retail Park near Maplin, signs are already up and fitters are in there now! Welcome to bargain Bolton… TalkingOutLoud
  • Score: 23

7:16pm Sun 24 Aug 14

calvin street says...

united99 wrote:
calvin street wrote:
united99 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .
But it is a big deal to some, I wouldnt want some message about Palestine written on my money. I wonder why you or good old Abdul at the newsagents never mention muslims killing EACH OTHER in Syria, Iraq, Sudan. All in the so called name of religion. PATHETIC
The above countries you have mentioned had no problems 10 - 15 years ago until us and uk felt the need to invade in the so called name of oil.....
Your argument falls down with the mention of Syria and Sudan and oil. I agree with you, re Iraq. I would quite happily watch blair swing. Say a prayer ME the next time you are at the mosque. Its all real you know, it happened, it has to be right cos it says so, WAKE UP
[quote][p][bold]united99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]calvin street[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]united99[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because bolton news don't want to ok - no big deal any way it's the right message .[/p][/quote]But it is a big deal to some, I wouldnt want some message about Palestine written on my money. I wonder why you or good old Abdul at the newsagents never mention muslims killing EACH OTHER in Syria, Iraq, Sudan. All in the so called name of religion. PATHETIC[/p][/quote]The above countries you have mentioned had no problems 10 - 15 years ago until us and uk felt the need to invade in the so called name of oil.....[/p][/quote]Your argument falls down with the mention of Syria and Sudan and oil. I agree with you, re Iraq. I would quite happily watch blair swing. Say a prayer ME the next time you are at the mosque. Its all real you know, it happened, it has to be right cos it says so, WAKE UP calvin street
  • Score: 9

7:22pm Sun 24 Aug 14

calvin street says...

pradagucci wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!!
KEYBOARD WARRIOR, one sided remark, take a look at your comments BIG BOY. No mention of jimmy or Rolf .. you are slacking.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!![/p][/quote]KEYBOARD WARRIOR, one sided remark, take a look at your comments BIG BOY. No mention of jimmy or Rolf .. you are slacking. calvin street
  • Score: 14

7:26pm Sun 24 Aug 14

calvin street says...

pradagucci wrote:
Chrome1 wrote:
I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.
Bolton should become a tourism hub?????? North West Infidels would drive them out.........
What about the free Palestine brigade. Or is that ok ?
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Chrome1[/bold] wrote: I didn't even know there was an Evans store in the Crompton Place. As Bolton is a low profile post industrial town with a low income population it will always struggle. Lack of tourism means Bolton is reliant on local custom for its trade. Same goes for Bury, Blackburn, Pendle, Wigan. The Internet has an effect but this effect is not as profound as people make out to be. Shoppers still want to go out and enjoy the open space. Bolton needs to become a tourism hub for it to survive. If the Internet was to blame then places like the TC would've been shut ages ago.[/p][/quote]Bolton should become a tourism hub?????? North West Infidels would drive them out.........[/p][/quote]What about the free Palestine brigade. Or is that ok ? calvin street
  • Score: 11

7:31pm Sun 24 Aug 14

calvin street says...

Just like to say to ALL the commenters on here WELL DONE , lets hijack more of this left wing press . We don't all get on but it is good to debate.
Just like to say to ALL the commenters on here WELL DONE , lets hijack more of this left wing press . We don't all get on but it is good to debate. calvin street
  • Score: 18

8:26pm Sun 24 Aug 14

dameous says...

People would have more sympathy for the free Palestine campaign if it was calling for an end to hostilities from BOTH sides. But its not. You cant expect one side to lay down its arms while its still being subjected to attack from the other. There will be no peace or progress until both sides put aside their aggression.
People would have more sympathy for the free Palestine campaign if it was calling for an end to hostilities from BOTH sides. But its not. You cant expect one side to lay down its arms while its still being subjected to attack from the other. There will be no peace or progress until both sides put aside their aggression. dameous
  • Score: 26

8:31pm Sun 24 Aug 14

swager123 says...

JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!!
[quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!! swager123
  • Score: 32

8:35pm Sun 24 Aug 14

TalkingOutLoud says...

swager123 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!!
Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down!
[quote][p][bold]swager123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!![/p][/quote]Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down! TalkingOutLoud
  • Score: -19

8:43am Mon 25 Aug 14

Wolfie190 says...

TalkingOutLoud wrote:
swager123 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!!
Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down!
Do you mean British people witnessing the destruction of their culture, society and country ?
[quote][p][bold]TalkingOutLoud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]swager123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!![/p][/quote]Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down![/p][/quote]Do you mean British people witnessing the destruction of their culture, society and country ? Wolfie190
  • Score: 29

9:38am Mon 25 Aug 14

TalkingOutLoud says...

Wolfie190 wrote:
TalkingOutLoud wrote:
swager123 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!!
Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down!
Do you mean British people witnessing the destruction of their culture, society and country ?
No I mean the senseless idiots that seem to breed in this town...
[quote][p][bold]Wolfie190[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]TalkingOutLoud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]swager123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!![/p][/quote]Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down![/p][/quote]Do you mean British people witnessing the destruction of their culture, society and country ?[/p][/quote]No I mean the senseless idiots that seem to breed in this town... TalkingOutLoud
  • Score: -17

10:52am Mon 25 Aug 14

mrs philainsy says...

pradagucci wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!!
Oy vey

Touchy Touchy!!!


You are the Keyboard Warrior.
My my but you get tetchy don't you?
Calm down.
[quote][p][bold]pradagucci[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Because it's Upto the BN you moron. Because people like you keyboard warriors who have nothing better to do are waiting to make stupid, racist, one sided comments. If ANY Muslim country drove a nation out of their land and homes then the whole world will be screaming, that's exactly what Israel has done and is doing.......but you wouldn't know any history if your busy only reading The Sun. Have a good bank holiday weekend btw!![/p][/quote]Oy vey Touchy Touchy!!! You are the Keyboard Warrior. My my but you get tetchy don't you? Calm down. mrs philainsy
  • Score: 14

11:25am Mon 25 Aug 14

WHATAMESSS.66 says...

TalkingOutLoud wrote:
swager123 wrote:
JustBecause wrote:
So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced !
Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!!
Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down!
talk out loud, talking through, his her BUTT!
[quote][p][bold]TalkingOutLoud[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]swager123[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]JustBecause[/bold] wrote: So what, why no comments on the five pound notes being defaced ![/p][/quote]Bolton news won't let us comment on this as we might offend the muzzies !!! Simple as that !!!! BOLTON NEWS YOU ARE A JOKE OF A NEWSPAPER !!![/p][/quote]Yeah a joke to allow all these racist idiots hog the comments pages... time this paper was closed down![/p][/quote]talk out loud, talking through, his her BUTT! WHATAMESSS.66
  • Score: 7

8:25pm Mon 25 Aug 14

Oblivious2 says...

dameous wrote:
People would have more sympathy for the free Palestine campaign if it was calling for an end to hostilities from BOTH sides. But its not. You cant expect one side to lay down its arms while its still being subjected to attack from the other. There will be no peace or progress until both sides put aside their aggression.
Utter rubbish. Kindly provide information as to when Israel has eased off and lifted sanctions against Palestine and THEN continued to come under attack?ignorant comments never helped anyone. The only thing standing between the palestineans and the thought of them non existing as a result of Israeli attacks is Hamas. I dread to think what would be of them of Hamas were not there....

Media always reporting PR rubbish from MP's etc about how Hamas are continuing to attack Israel, yet there is no proof about anything except the propaganda spouted from BBC skynews et al
[quote][p][bold]dameous[/bold] wrote: People would have more sympathy for the free Palestine campaign if it was calling for an end to hostilities from BOTH sides. But its not. You cant expect one side to lay down its arms while its still being subjected to attack from the other. There will be no peace or progress until both sides put aside their aggression.[/p][/quote]Utter rubbish. Kindly provide information as to when Israel has eased off and lifted sanctions against Palestine and THEN continued to come under attack?ignorant comments never helped anyone. The only thing standing between the palestineans and the thought of them non existing as a result of Israeli attacks is Hamas. I dread to think what would be of them of Hamas were not there.... Media always reporting PR rubbish from MP's etc about how Hamas are continuing to attack Israel, yet there is no proof about anything except the propaganda spouted from BBC skynews et al Oblivious2
  • Score: -6

9:36pm Mon 25 Aug 14

dameous says...

Oblivious2 wrote:
dameous wrote:
People would have more sympathy for the free Palestine campaign if it was calling for an end to hostilities from BOTH sides. But its not. You cant expect one side to lay down its arms while its still being subjected to attack from the other. There will be no peace or progress until both sides put aside their aggression.
Utter rubbish. Kindly provide information as to when Israel has eased off and lifted sanctions against Palestine and THEN continued to come under attack?ignorant comments never helped anyone. The only thing standing between the palestineans and the thought of them non existing as a result of Israeli attacks is Hamas. I dread to think what would be of them of Hamas were not there....

Media always reporting PR rubbish from MP's etc about how Hamas are continuing to attack Israel, yet there is no proof about anything except the propaganda spouted from BBC skynews et al
Yes, utter rubbish to ask that both sides cease hostilities? What kind of peace can be achieved at the barrel of a gun? That goes for Israel as well you idiot. How blinded are you that you only accept one sides arguments? Every pro Hamas report is correct and any that bring it under scrutiny are rubbish? How can asking for both sides to lay down their arms be a bad thing and WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ARGUE AGAINST IT? Its people like you, who will only see from one perspective, or refuse to accept someone else's point of view, that help perpetuate the cycle of misery. Israel's response has been extremely heavy handed but Hamas are quite capable of committing their own atrocities, and are equally as culpable for the suffering of the Palestinian people.
[quote][p][bold]Oblivious2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]dameous[/bold] wrote: People would have more sympathy for the free Palestine campaign if it was calling for an end to hostilities from BOTH sides. But its not. You cant expect one side to lay down its arms while its still being subjected to attack from the other. There will be no peace or progress until both sides put aside their aggression.[/p][/quote]Utter rubbish. Kindly provide information as to when Israel has eased off and lifted sanctions against Palestine and THEN continued to come under attack?ignorant comments never helped anyone. The only thing standing between the palestineans and the thought of them non existing as a result of Israeli attacks is Hamas. I dread to think what would be of them of Hamas were not there.... Media always reporting PR rubbish from MP's etc about how Hamas are continuing to attack Israel, yet there is no proof about anything except the propaganda spouted from BBC skynews et al[/p][/quote]Yes, utter rubbish to ask that both sides cease hostilities? What kind of peace can be achieved at the barrel of a gun? That goes for Israel as well you idiot. How blinded are you that you only accept one sides arguments? Every pro Hamas report is correct and any that bring it under scrutiny are rubbish? How can asking for both sides to lay down their arms be a bad thing and WHY WOULD YOU EVEN ARGUE AGAINST IT? Its people like you, who will only see from one perspective, or refuse to accept someone else's point of view, that help perpetuate the cycle of misery. Israel's response has been extremely heavy handed but Hamas are quite capable of committing their own atrocities, and are equally as culpable for the suffering of the Palestinian people. dameous
  • Score: 10

8:06am Tue 26 Aug 14

mililly says...

What the hell has all this crap got to do with evans closing?
What the hell has all this crap got to do with evans closing? mililly
  • Score: 17

1:08am Sat 6 Sep 14

wsw69 says...

In talks with two other retailers?

Wouldn't hold my breath Mr Angus. There will be no incentive what so ever to take a unit in Bolton. Just the state of the place is incentive enough NOT to pay out huge rents and business rates.

Bolton as a town centre has been destroyed by that pr*ck Cliff Morris & Co. There is more life in a pair of tramps underpants than there is in Bolton town centre!
In talks with two other retailers? Wouldn't hold my breath Mr Angus. There will be no incentive what so ever to take a unit in Bolton. Just the state of the place is incentive enough NOT to pay out huge rents and business rates. Bolton as a town centre has been destroyed by that pr*ck Cliff Morris & Co. There is more life in a pair of tramps underpants than there is in Bolton town centre! wsw69
  • Score: 26
Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree